Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Crushed is a bit of an overstatement. Their logistical support was provided by lend lease. Not to mention we had nukes. Still though, they outnumbered all the allies like 4 to 1 or something so theres that. A war against the Soviets wouldve lasted at least twice as long as ww2 did.

Yeah, lend lease accounted for 100 billion (in todays currency) in equipment or something close to that. 

Also, pretty sure we dropped the only 2 nukes we had at the time on Japan.  I don't think we had more bombs tbh...  maybe enriched uranium and parts to assemble future bombs but no complete bombs at the end of WW2.  Not sure how long it would've taken to put more together.

and yeah, I think its estimated that there was a 3:1 advantage in troops just within the European theatre alone at the end of WW2.

Another thing to consider when you're looking at full scale invasion with Russia is: does the US have the stomach to lose 1 million+ troops in combat like the Russians?  I don't think so...

Yeah, lend lease accounted for 100 billion (in todays currency) in equipment or something close to that. 

Also, pretty sure we dropped the only 2 nukes we had at the time on Japan.  I don't think we had more bombs tbh...  maybe enriched uranium and parts to assemble future bombs but no complete bombs at the end of WW2.  Not sure how long it would've taken to put more together.

and yeah, I think its estimated that there was a 3:1 advantage in troops just within the European theatre alone at the end of WW2.

Another thing to consider when you're looking at full scale invasion with Russia is: does the US have the stomach to lose 1 million+ troops in combat like the Russians?  I don't think so...

Funnily enough, they werent. Thats why they never went through with it. If the allies had the balls to give the green light to operation unthinkable, Id imagine that concern wouldve had to have been much more diminished for them to even consider making the decision at all.

Also I'm pretty sure people underestimate how strong the U.S. was in WW2.

First of all, we didn't suffer any civilian and/or industry damage. check ur 2-ocean privilege

Second of all, we had a FAR more powerful navy than any other country in the world except for Great Britain, submarines be damned. 

Third, we were basically arming the entire Allied powers, including China. 

We absolutely wrecked Germany and Japan's collective shit. Russia was fighting on ONE front and was getting messed the fuck up. 

First of all, we didn't suffer any civilian and/or industry damage. check ur 2-ocean privilege

Second of all, we had a FAR more powerful navy than any other country in the world except for Great Britain, submarines be damned. 

We absolutely wrecked Germany and Japan's collective shit. Russia was fighting on ONE front and was getting messed the fuck up. 

It certainly is an interesting hypothetical if military history is something you enjoy discussing.

No matter how you look at it though, I don't think there can be any argument that it wouldn't be a very costly, bloody and long war.

It certainly is an interesting hypothetical if military history is something you enjoy discussing.

No matter how you look at it, I don't think there's any argument it would be a very costly, bloody and long war.

And in that time both Russia and America would be arming up on nukes to bomb the shit out of each other. Except this time they won't wait for a war.

That one front was the largest of war and the bloodiest in human history. More fighting happened on the eastern fron than anywhere else combined.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why don't you move to Russia Cypress, it's where you belong anyway. Literally a fucking raccoon can think more straight than you man I swear. 

This is super fucking racist dude, wow

• Upvote (+1) 1

That one front was the largest of war and the bloodiest in human history. More fighting happened on the eastern fron than anywhere else combined.

The eastern front was the bloodiest part of WW2 specifically because both Hitler and Stalin were by far the two stupidest military minds of the 20th century who refused to just let their generals run things, plus the fact that Stalin believed he could win a war using shovels rather than rifles. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No matter how you look at it though, I don't think there can be any argument that it wouldn't be a very costly, bloody and long war.

Invading Russia is a horrible idea simply because of the pure land mass involved, and how shit the terrain is across basically that entire mass. It's less about the army and more about the geography. 

Logistically it can be done but you'd need China (and Mongolia but really just China). You invade Russia through "the step." Since their military is logistically designed to go outward towards Europe, you'd basically be fighting in a way their military literally wouldn't be configured for.

This is assuming of course that you have millions of troops, resources and basically all the money.

Russia is just too fucking cold.

too cold? Just pop your collar and stop being such a nanny.

I got like 16 inches a couple weeks ago but it literally all melted the next day cuz it was like 55 degrees out and sunny. I was disappoint

I went swimming yesterday you fucking Eskimos

If I wanted to I easily could. It's only gotten cold here cause a storm front moved through. Otherwise it's fairly hot.

WASHINGTON/LONDON/MOSCOW: Fears of a military confrontation between Russia and the West ran high on Thursday but U.S. President Donald Trump cast doubt over the timing of his threatened strike on Syria in response to a reported poison gas attack on a rebel enclave.

"After the illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq in 2003 that led to the implosion of the country, the British government said "Lessons must be learned". They then destabilised and overthrew Gaddafi throwing Libya into ruin, saying "Lessons must be learned". And now this malevolent British government and its corrupt media use the same ruse to beat the drums of war for Syria in support of the narcissistic psychopath who is squatting in the White House. After Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Libya and Yemen, these imperialist warmongering barbarians have absolutely no credibility or legitimacy in the region. They will hold inquiry after inquiry, from Hutton, Butler to Chilcot. No one will be held accountable, no one will be held responsible - the media will not challenge the findings and the conclusion will be the same, "Lessons must be learned". The game is rigged. These racists idea of liberation is bombing sovereign countries back to the stone age. They do not care about civilians or the Syrian people - they care about expanding their geopolitical interests in the region and creating more brainwashed consumers for Western products. Do we really know what the word TERRORISM means?"