Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

I used to live in Oklahoma and was born there, all my family there supports the teachers. But you're right, I don't know much about THIS particular walk out. My general philosophy is, of course, some teachers deserve a raise, some deserve to be fired.

Making 50k a year with the cost of living in Oklahoma isn't bad. That's solidly in the middle class.

I know, obviously, they can also get other jobs during the summer in addition to spacing it out.

Mainly I don't see why teachers deserve massive raises when our school system is completely broken. I don't think more money can fix it until bad teachers can easily be fired but teacher unions stop that from happening.

I saw that. This is bad. :/

I got a few minutes so I'll clear some stuff up. This walkout isn't about raises specifically. After they threatened a walkout Mary fallin magically found enough money to give teachers a $5k raise. But that's not what they want. You're point about the cost of living is 100% valid, 50k is debatabley reasonable for Oklahoma. funding for education is has no priority for Fallin. Ill get into specifics later, but our budget crisis while a real situation, is being grossly mishandled. We made cuts to education to the point most counties are 4 day weeks. Teachers have to personally pay for school supplies for their class. Some teachers have to personally pay for the textbooks they use. contrary to teacher protests in other states it isn't about a raise, its about funding for schools, not teachers.

Teachers make around 45-50k a year, but some are literally paying 1000s of dollars a year just to have a functioning class, a class of 30+ kids.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Teachers make around 45-50k a year, but some are literally paying 1000s of dollars a year just to have a functioning class, a class of 30+ kids.

This is true(my wife is a teacher). However I blame the parents viewing school as a daycare and not simultaneously investing in their kids education.

The 30+ kids thing is what most teachers hate. They are promised a limited class, however she constantly had 30+ kids. It isn't possible to teach 30+ kids by yourself.

I seriously wonder where you live. Either a far south border town so everyone you know is straight from Mexico, or you're from Vermont and traveled to Texas once to see your first brown person. Either way, I'm all for national sovereignty, and I think countries should be able to choose who comes in but you're oddly obsessed. Beyond that, I'm sorry but tariffs hurt everyone to help a few steelworkers, that is cronyism, and isn't good for our country. Also, we still make like 70% of our own steel we just do it with fewer people because of technology.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bruh unless you literally look like brad Pitt I don’t think you should be talking shit about people’s looks especially since posting on a halo forum makes you 10x more likely to be ugly than the average normie

man i wish i had that pic brad posted. fkn genetic disaster

Dude you have no idea. A month or so ago he said some dumb shit I can't recall specifically. I took my adderall that morning and spent like 2 hours looking thru so many pages until real life hit and I had to leave. Imma look more cuz he looks like a pinky toe with a rash on it

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dude you have no idea. A month or so ago he said some dumb shit I can't recall specifically. I took my adderall that morning and spent like 2 hours looking thru so many pages until real life hit and I had to leave. Imma look more cuz he looks like a pinky toe with a rash on it

was that when he said he was 180 pounds of pure muscle?

Behond: the master race

I5bv50I.png

everyone stand at attention for Private Prejudice aka Captain Creature aka lieutenant lickbag, aka sergeant stupid.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

I got a few minutes so I'll clear some stuff up. This walkout isn't about raises specifically. After they threatened a walkout Mary fallin magically found enough money to give teachers a $5k raise. But that's not what they want. You're point about the cost of living is 100% valid, 50k is debatabley reasonable for Oklahoma. funding for education is has no priority for Fallin. Ill get into specifics later, but our budget crisis while a real situation, is being grossly mishandled. We made cuts to education to the point most counties are 4 day weeks. Teachers have to personally pay for school supplies for their class. Some teachers have to personally pay for the textbooks they use. contrary to teacher protests in other states it isn't about a raise, its about funding for schools, not teachers.

Cool, sounds like a sucky situation. I would assume what they pay for supplies would be tax deductible? Regardless class overcrowding is a problem for sure. Actually they is probably the best argument for higher raises, an incentive for more people to become teachers.

Toppest kek. You could've grabbed a flattering picture of yourself from anywhere you have em and posted it but you actually had a mini photoshoot including a change of clothes. You coulda ignored it, you coulda fired back at me or taken it like a champ. But you did the most sad/cringy/autistic thing you could.

Lookin like Kenny chesney if he worked at GNC ass bitch. 30 years old shopping at pacsun lookin ass. Got something to prove to the Internet cuz ya can't prove yaself in real life. Lookin like ya go to 16+ clubs ass boi.

Can this be the roasting brad thread now? This man a whole ass doofus I ain't even interested in politics anymore. I just wanna see how far his insecurities go

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hydrates with monster energy looking bitch. Owns 4 different pairs of camoflauge cargo shorts lookin ass. Ya boi asking grandma to take pics for him so he can dm them to 17yr olds

If you have to tell people you look a million times better than them, chances are you’re not a very attractive individual.

At least Brad has the balls to post his picture, for better or worse. I hide behind my Boston Terrier.

All that needs to be known about me is I have a pony tail.

Put that shit up in a bun and the women will swarm. Trust me

I mean. It's mainly cause I work in the food industry and I refuse to put on a hair net.

And it looks good.

I don't trust you.

I'm not trying to get all high school locker roomy here so let's just say I've had some success. Believe what you want though