Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

I mean you can google it...or do the research and come to the same exact conclusions...

Now do you think the 1% pay 82% of the taxes too? Nope!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

idk man. All I know is I want these foreigners out, I want the wall built, and bad trade deals ended.

Why don't you care about income inequality?

It's amazing what tariffs can do smh. 

Also, for everyone on both sides, THE STOCK MARKET IS NOT A GOOD ECONOMIC INDICATOR sheesh

The stock market is only being used that way because trump was claiming it as such and as an indicator of his "Great economic success." 

Was always going to have to eat the losses. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

idk man. All I know is I want these foreigners out, I want the wall built, and bad trade deals ended.

I seriously wonder where you live. Either a far south border town so everyone you know is straight from Mexico, or you're from Vermont and traveled to Texas once to see your first brown person. Either way, I'm all for national sovereignty, and I think countries should be able to choose who comes in but you're oddly obsessed. Beyond that, I'm sorry but tariffs hurt everyone to help a few steelworkers, that is cronyism, and isn't good for our country. Also, we still make like 70% of our own steel we just do it with fewer people because of technology.

Teachers deserve twice what they make

I might agree if we could actually fire bad teachers but the unions make it so hard to do so. Also, teachers get crazy benefits tbh, pensions for life in most districts plus 3 months off every summer to do whatever they want. In my school district, the teachers also get a Friday off every month. Obviously teaching is important and I wouldn't want to work with kids without making bank, but I don't really see teachers as helpless victims who get screwed constantly. idk

Why don't you care about income inequality?

Because I'm not a greedy loser who cares what my Dr. Neghbor makes? I care much more about poverty than unequal amounts of wealth. Income inequality may become a problem in society but there isn't a way to fix it without stealing people's stuff and taking away the freedom to succeed. But in general, I don't see it as a problem. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The stock market is only being used that way because trump was claiming it as such and as an indicator of his "Great economic success." 

Was always going to have to eat the losses. 

I know. It was stupid then and it's stupid now. 

It's amazing what tariffs can do smh.

Also, for everyone on both sides, THE STOCK MARKET IS NOT A GOOD ECONOMIC INDICATOR sheesh

Anyway, I know this is unpopular, but teachers don't really deserve a raise. Especially in a state that is in 39th place education wise... (https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/education)

You really think they don't deserve a raise? You clearly have no understanding of what it like to live in Oklahoma politics. My state is currently going through a "budget crisis". We aren't the richest state, but everyone here knows a lot of money is misplaced by Fallin. We literally cut funding for schools to the point kids went 4 days a week, teachers make $40k on the higher end of things and and haven't seen a raise in 5-10 years. I got shit to do but whenever I'm back look out for my post. I'm gonna highlight exactly what Oklahoma/Fuhrer Fallin are all about. Spoiler: its oil and Nat Gas money, refusing to catch up socially, and openly disregarding their constituency.

The dickbag in charge of the EPA Mr. Scott Pruitt was our problem forever, and now he gets to fuck shit up nationally. You're welcome.

I just needed to add this as well, teachers don't get that 3 months of summer off like its a paid vacation I don't know where you got that from. Their job pays 9 months out of the year. Some have the option to spread their salary over 12 months instead but all that means is you have less to live on month to month. You should look into the struggle of teachers because based off what you say you have no clue on what the facts.

? At least part of your portfolio should be high risk high reward.

PSA:  don't ever take financial advice from a liberal...  especially a really dumb one.

That explains why you're dim as fuck

Too be fair, CNN is in fact trash.

Just browsing the topic in OK a bit here and it looks like average salary for teachers is $46k / year (for 8 months of work actually) which breaks down to over $30 / hour + bennies... whats the actual problem?  46k in OK is like making 5 million a year in CO  ;)

Also, I cant help but laugh at people that go into a career field with set pay scales and then complain about set pay scales.  

How does the ol' saying go "those who can't do, teach"

• Upvote (+1) 1

The point wasn't that CNN is a good news source. Its the fact terry shraivo could sun szu him in a battle of wits.

When I'm all done and back home I plan on outlining all the bullshit Fallin has put this state through relating to education.

Cypress, I talked grimey bout you back in early days hence the avatar, but ive come to respect your stances more than I do most people in here. I urge you to just read about fallin and how she's turned her back on this state in the mean time until I get back and write this fucking novel on her.

When I'm all done and back home I plan on outlining all the bullshit Fallin has put this state through relating to education.

Cypress, I talked grimey bout you back in early days hence the avatar, but ive come to respect your stances more than I do most people in here. I urge you to just read about fallin and how she's turned her back on this state in the mean time until I get back and write this fucking novel on her.

I'll browse a couple articles...  slow day at work for me.

PSA: don't ever take financial advice from a liberal... especially a really dumb one.

Cryptocurrency is here to stay and you’d be a fool not to invest. There’s a reason IBM, Microsoft, pretty much every major tech company is hiring block chain engineers. Which coin(s) is going to be the valuable ones is yet tbd.

Also yes keep saying I’m dumb because I have a different political stance than you lol

You really think they don't deserve a raise? You clearly have no understanding of what it like to live in Oklahoma politics. My state is currently going through a "budget crisis". We aren't the richest state, but everyone here knows a lot of money is misplaced by Fallin. We literally cut funding for schools to the point kids went 4 days a week, teachers make $40k on the higher end of things and and haven't seen a raise in 5-10 years. I got shit to do but whenever I'm back look out for my post. I'm gonna highlight exactly what Oklahoma/Fuhrer Fallin are all about. Spoiler: its oil and Nat Gas money, refusing to catch up socially, and openly disregarding their constituency.

The dickbag in charge of the EPA Mr. Scott Pruitt was our problem forever, and now he gets to fuck shit up nationally. You're welcome.

I used to live in Oklahoma and was born there, all my family there supports the teachers. But you're right, I don't know much about THIS particular walk out. My general philosophy is, of course, some teachers deserve a raise, some deserve to be fired.

Making 50k a year with the cost of living in Oklahoma isn't bad. That's solidly in the middle class. 

I just needed to add this as well, teachers don't get that 3 months of summer off like its a paid vacation I don't know where you got that from. Their job pays 9 months out of the year. Some have the option to spread their salary over 12 months instead but all that means is you have less to live on month to month. You should look into the struggle of teachers because based off what you say you have no clue on what the facts.

I know, obviously, they can also get other jobs during the summer in addition to spacing it out.

Mainly I don't see why teachers deserve massive raises when our school system is completely broken. I don't think more money can fix it until bad teachers can easily be fired but teacher unions stop that from happening. 

Damn YouTube headquarters?

I saw that. This is bad. :/

Looks like a pretty decently well contained incident ultimately.