Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

I don't understand why the right loves Jordan Peterson. 

He is not nearly as red pill as they think he is. 

He's anti-political-correctness. Pro personal responsibility. Pro-capitalism generally. And he is generally pro-traditional values and what not. So yes he's not like a hardcore conservative, I don't know where he stands on guns and he likes the Canadian health care system, but I see why conservatives would be attracted to him. I personally am a fan even though I know we don't agree on EVERYTHING. Plus he just seems like a thoughtful and kind guy ya know. Good personality. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's not in their wheelhouse. People come away from his videos waving their "get rekt SJWs" banner, when he's not even about that. 

Of course, I am also of the opinion that Jordan Peterson is more or less the Carl Jung of topical political punditry - a rambling, unfocused goofball. 

Idk it just kinda pisses me off people make him up to be this perfect dude who has no flawed thoughts. Ask him a question on if he's religious or not. He's like a deer in the headlights. Beats around the bush super hard. It doesn't invalidate all of this other stuff, I'm not saying that,but this superiority aura that he has around him and his fanbase is hilarious. (don't get me wrong I do like SOME of his stuff. Only some.)

I don't understand why the right loves Jordan Peterson.

He is not nearly as red pill as they think he is.

He is a moderate. I don't like him because I think he is red pilled. It's just refreshing to hear a professor not be a bat shit far left wing

GFH ****** .

• Upvote (+1) 1

Chomsky would destroy Peterson in a debate

Who destroys who in debates depends entirely on your world view. Most of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A-lot of misinformation on this topic.

I'll concede that I underestimated the mining potential there but in reality, it's just going back to what it was circa 2016 or so.

Looks like they've been eye-balling this area for a long time:  https://pubs.usgs.gov/pp/p1625b/Reports/Chapters/Chapter_T.pdf

All these top trump aides dropping like flies (the last one refusing a subpoena) but trump is just completely squeaky clean lol okie dokie.

Here we have the tolerant left banging on windows for 90 minutes as the crazy alt-right, radical, Jordan Peterson speaks inside. 

Wait.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here we have the tolerant left banging on windows for 90 minutes as the crazy alt-right, radical, Jordan Peterson speaks inside. 

Wait.

Those people are paid by the RNC to protest and make the Left look bad.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Those people are paid by the RNC to protest and make the Left look bad.

You're on to us?

You're on to us?

Be careful about revealing yourself. That's 5 years in the gulag.

Be careful about revealing yourself. That's 5 years in the gulag.

It's too late for me tbh.

I hope American gulags are in Montana or something. 

any of you read on the works of Habermas?

Chomsky would destroy Peterson in a debate

and Foucault destroyed Chomsky in a debate, such is the circle of life  :D

any of you read on the works of Habermas?

Cursed Lemon is the only true intellectual here but I would assume the answer from most of us back-woods hicks, is no. 

So happy for my elephant trophy hunter friends. MAGA

The concept works on paper when you're talking about animal conservation but corruption with government officials overseeing alot of the sport hunting land negates the positives that safari hunts can offer to the local communities.

Also, shooting animals just to shoot animals for a 'trophy' is morally wrong imo.

The concept works on paper when you're talking about animal conservation but corruption with government officials overseeing alot of the sport hunting land negates the positives that safari hunts can offer to the local communities.

Also, shooting animals just to shoot animals for a 'trophy' is morally wrong imo.

In that case, I'm surprised Trump hasn't gotten in the business of wildlife conservation.

Cursed Lemon is the only true intellectual here but I would assume the answer from most of us back-woods hicks, is no.

The most I intelligent things us Hicks have read is Harry Potter.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The benefit to the local communities if the money is even delegated correctly to them is negligible (something like 3% of the total $200 million figure) in comparison to the money tourism brings in (which is about $36 billion). So killing off the very things tourists are coming to see is doing far more damage than good in the short and long run when we're catering to 8500 hunters versus almost 10 million tourists. And as you said trophy hunting on a moral level is wrong. I can get behind hunting when you're not decimating the population of certain species that have had their numbers reduced by 30% in the last decade alone. Being driven in an SUV by a guide to walk within 100 feet from an elephant and blow it away isn't hunting.

• Upvote (+1) 1