Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

no, much more than that.

I have lib friends that think they do charity work simply by throwing some money or giving a few hours a year to a food bank and turn around saying they care about poor people... please.

it's two entirely different mindsets.

Probably. My mom raised me conservative, college made me a liberal, real life and bills made me a libertarian. I like the social views of liberalism but I don't like free shit for lazy people.

It was tongue and cheek to a certain post that's deleted now, but eh, what the heck.

Not enough humor in these threads when Cypress isn't around.

You fool. Our lord Cypress is omnipresent.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Probably. My mom raised me conservative, college made me a liberal, real life and bills made me a libertarian. I like the social views of liberalism but I don't like free shit for lazy people.

i have social views that lean much more toward privacy vs openess. for example, i really don't like people very much, im super selective of friends and trustng people and generally i just want to be left alone.

i mind my own business and respect my neighbors, but we live next door to these hippy libs who dont mow their lawn, they have weed city in their lawn, they have zero respect for controlling their yard and taking lride in their home... but i find out from our superintendent that built our house that their parents bought their house for them... they dont work... and are on welfare.

Ive seen them buy shit and they're fully capable of working but for some reason they are living off other people. makes me cringe.

but another thing about libs i hate are the anti gun folks. they see a gun and think negatively automatically. i lost a friend because i asked him one day if he would ever wanna goto the range and he firss back saying he's anti gun and wouldn't feel comfortable... then proceeds to tell me he respects my right to own one and im like... all i did was ask you a fucking question... and ive know this kid since third grade.... he changed big time.

a lot of libs ive actually had exp with are mentally guilty for being self successful... and ill never ever understand that.

It's pretty much a fact that if liberals did not exist, the United States would have owned the world by now and everyone in our country would be alot better off financially.  There's just no arguing it either.  They are a disease... well, more of a terminal cancer variety that infiltrates societies and kills them.  It's actually been scientifically proven that liberals have a more foul smell to their skin / sweat and their breath has been known to kill certain species of flowers in enclosed spaces.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's pretty much a fact that if liberals did not exist, the United States would have owned the world by now and everyone in our country would be alot better off financially. There's just no arguing it either. They are a disease... well, more of a terminal cancer variety that infiltrates societies and infects people. It's actually been scientifically proven that liberals have a more foul smell to their skin / sweat and their breath has been known to kill certain species of flowers in enclosed spaces.

It isn't the libs that are stealing from America.

They're just the useful idiots.

15036638_1305366589515865_16476246295535

would be fun to link crime stats with those counties, but naturally the more people in a single area, the more chnaces of crime. Wonder also how many of those counties are dem/repub?

It's pretty much a fact that if liberals did not exist, the United States would have owned the world by now and everyone in our country would be alot better off financially. There's just no arguing it either. They are a disease... well, more of a terminal cancer variety that infiltrates societies and kills them. It's actually been scientifically proven that liberals have a more foul smell to their skin / sweat and their breath has been known to kill certain species of flowers in enclosed spaces.

Extermination of all liberals would eliminate poverty ,world hunger, and Rossie o'donald all at once. Sign me up.

• Upvote (+1) 3

would be fun to link crime stats with those counties, but naturally the more people in a single area, the more chnaces of crime. Wonder also how many of those counties are dem/repub?

That map would make a perfect strategic strike plan for our nukes.  Our current ICBM's can pretty much level a county.

Extermination of all liberals would eliminate poverty ,world hunger, and Rossie o'donald all at once. Sign me up.

See above post ^ lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think there needs to always be two different opinions in our country but without the violence.

i have social views that lean much more toward privacy vs openess. for example, i really don't like people very much, im super selective of friends and trustng people and generally i just want to be left alone.

i mind my own business and respect my neighbors, but we live next door to these hippy libs who dont mow their lawn, they have weed city in their lawn, they have zero respect for controlling their yard and taking lride in their home... but i find out from our superintendent that built our house that their parents bought their house for them... they dont work... and are on welfare.

Ive seen them buy shit and they're fully capable of working but for some reason they are living off other people. makes me cringe.

but another thing about libs i hate are the anti gun folks. they see a gun and think negatively automatically. i lost a friend because i asked him one day if he would ever wanna goto the range and he firss back saying he's anti gun and wouldn't feel comfortable... then proceeds to tell me he respects my right to own one and im like... all i did was ask you a fucking question... and ive know this kid since third grade.... he changed big time.

a lot of libs ive actually had exp with are mentally guilty for being self successful... and ill never ever understand that.

So do you think there are people out there who use welfare to pull themselves out of a bad situations?

The way I see it, you're always going to have people exploiting any kind of social safety net, but it's worth it in the end because it actually does help lots of people get through hard times and back to being productive members of society.

As for the gun hate, in my experience it's just people who want to do something about shootings and have settled on the most obvious (but not effective) solution. Taking away guns to stop gun violence is like building a giant border wall to stop illegal immigration. It's a brute force knee-jerk solution that doesn't effectively impact the ultimate issue. The intentions behind these beliefs are good, we just need better solutions that both sides can get behind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think there needs to always be two different opinions in our country but without the violence.

Not advocating violence. Slow peaceful sleep.

(I'm kidding just in case I trigger someone)

yeah that's a bunch of bullshit. your vote shouldn't be worth less because you live close to other people.

So you'd rather one or two small regions of the entire country decide for everyone else, just because they have a higher population? 

In other words, you'd have to go tell the majority of American voters outside of those densely populated liberal hotbeds that their vote doesn't count. 

If Hillary got more black and hispanic American voters to come out on election day, she would have won. Don't blame the electoral college, blame the Clinton campaign, and your party for failing to deliver enough voters in key states.

It has literally always been this way, and even in 2000, we had the same thing happen. Bush was still president, even got himself reelected too. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

So you'd rather one or two small regions of the entire country decide for everyone else, just because they have a higher population? 

yes. I believe the majority of the population should be able to decide an election. 

If Hillary got more black and hispanic American voters to come out on election day, she would have won. Don't blame the electoral college, blame the Clinton campaign, and your party for failing to deliver enough voters in key states.

yes this is true. The DNC fucked up (ran an establishment candidate with skeletons, failed to appeal to rural voters) , voter suppression worked and the electoral college made urban votes worth less. there are many factors that led to this result. 

it should also be noted that these rural areas get to elect members of the house and senate so the 'real america isn't being represented' argument is bullshit. 

The DNC fucked you guys. Literally any other Democrat would have won IMO.

No way. Hillary was far and away the favorite and the best candidate the dems had to offer. It's why nobody wanted to run against her in the dem primaries and why Bernie couldn't beat her. And if another dem did run and beat Hillary, they would have been just as exposed for their flaws and she was for hers.

No way. Hillary was far and away the favorite and the best candidate the dems had to offer. It's why nobody wanted to run against her in the dem primary and why Bernie couldn't beat her. And if another dem did run and beat Hillary, they would have been just as exposed for their flaws and she was for hers.

Her unfavorable % and trustworthiness from the exit polls say otherwise.

No way. Hillary was far and away the favorite and the best candidate the dems had to offer. It's why nobody wanted to run against her in the dem primaries and why Bernie couldn't beat her. And if another dem did run and beat Hillary, they would have been just as exposed for their flaws and she was for hers.

If that's true then the Democrats have a real problem.

Bit it isn't true. Hillary stole the nomination.

This election has changed my views on the need to work towards an election system that cannot be rigged. It showed me that the MSM lost their credibility and people can see their agenda.

If that's true then the Democrats have a real problem.

Bit it isn't true. Hillary stole the nomination.

This election has changed my views on the need to work towards an election system that cannot be rigged. It showed me that the MSM lost their credibility and people can see their agenda.

She didn't steal shit. Not many dems ran against her because she was heavily favored. Bernie came out of nowhere and ran a good campaign against her, but in the end, she beat him fair and square. She won the democratic nomination and deservedly so.