Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

The point is to be able to resist a tyrannical government. We don't need any other reason. Whatever type of weaponry our military has access to should be available for private citizens as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The point is to be able to resist a tyrannical government. We don't need any other reason. Whatever type of weaponry our military has access to should be available for private citizens as well.

You think citizens should be able to access tanks, fighter planes, nukes? LOL

• Downvote (-1) 1

I have no problem with this. Also it's ALREADY LEGAL to do so.

Ok.....no. the right to bear arms WAS for the simple fact of a possible military revolution if it we're needed,but nobody needs nukes. Your insane.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

There's somewhere around 5 million AR-15's in America right now and they collectively are responsible for about < 300 gun deaths per year (actually less because that number is based on all rifles).

Pistols, in 2013, accounted for about 5,800 gun deaths. 

How many pistols are used to carry out mass murder shooting sprees? Of course more people are going to die by pistols...  More people are going to die in car accidents than motorcycle accidents. Doesn't make riding a motorcycle safer than driving a car. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many pistols are used to carry out mass murder shooting sprees? Of course more people are going to die by pistols...  More people are going to die in car accidents than motorcycle accidents. Doesn't make riding a motorcycle safer than driving a car. 

Most mass shootings are done with pistols.

Dylan Roof used a Glock .45

Most mass shootings are done with pistols.

Dylan Roof used a Glock .45

Looking @ the top 10, only 2 of them are not commited with Assault Rifles, but ok! 

Looking @ the top 10, only 2 of them are not commited with Assault Rifles, but ok! 

This doesn't prove anything I said to be incorrect.

Except the "most mass shootings" part which would be 51% or more 

The top 10 most deadly offenses were carried out with the use of Assault/Semi Automatic rifles, minus two of them. If my maths right, thats 80%

The point being these kinds of weapons make it much easier for the shooter to inflict massive casualties 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You could also look at the numbers in relation the the Assault weapon ban. 

Massacres (6 or more people shot) way up since it lapsed and were down during it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

There needs to be stricter punishments for gun crime. That wouldn't stop mass shootings obviously as those people are legit just insane and evil but it would cut down on regular gun violence. 

There needs to be stricter punishments for gun crime. That wouldn't stop mass shootings obviously as those people are legit just insane and evil but it would cut down on regular gun violence. 

A multiple felon just murdered a police officer in the heart of the Loop the other day... agreed. He should have still been in jail

• Upvote (+1) 1

damn looks like the shooter was a MAGA guy

gotta keep banning muslims though 

Alex Jones told me he was a communist antifa ISIS sympathizer.

No amount of dead children will get those smooth brain gun nuts to give up their assault rifles

No Assault Rifle was used in this shooting, or any mass shooting of children (to my knowledge).

I actually invite the gun enthusiasts to explain it. Why the hell should you have the right to bear box style magazines that hold 30 rounds and can be swapped nearly instantly? Why do you have the right to that? I honestly do not get it. Children of god are being slaughtered in church, school, movies, etc... the forefathers had muskets, this is ludicrous!

What do the forefathers having muskets have to do with the second amendment?

Funny, the twitter post I saw that was also completely unverified, which I also did nothing to research the claim said that he was an Antifa supporting registered Democrat, and a Bernie supporter (like most mass murderers).

Oh, and you could actually see his face in that picture.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

gotta keep banning muslims though 

There are very good people on both sides bud!!

and a Bernie supporter (like most mass murderers).

Never change, Rick.

Funny, the twitter post I saw that was also completely unverified, which I also did nothing to research the claim said that he was an Antifa supporting registered Democrat, and a Bernie supporter (like most mass murderers).

Oh, and you could actually see his face in that picture.

Yeah, because Antifa people are super big into sporting U.S. military apparel. 

No, the point was that you wanted to "research" something that was blatantly and obviously incorrect, because you're an idiot. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

As far as I'm concerned the FBI fucked up big time not getting this kid. 

Plus, armed security at school would be great to see.

• Upvote (+1) 2