Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

When you pay teachers 40k a year at best for an extremely stressful job and then doubly stress them out by constantly threatening to cut their wages and benefits, maybe that's not the best incentive for stable school environments.

Schools are an environment where we expect a certain standard. That's literally the opposite of a market approach, where the standard is completely irrelevant. I'll say it again for emphasis - any situation in which you are specifically aiming for a particular bar to hit, you do not capitalize it, because doing that will put you well below that bar.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The fact that teachers cannot even teach anymore is the problem. They’re forced to talk less and prep for standardized testing more.

It’s because of people like legendaryshots complaining about priests in gowns spewing garbage, as he calls it.

The fact that teachers cannot even teach anymore is the problem. They’re forced to talk less and prep for standardized testing more.

It’s because of people like legendaryshots complaining about priests in gowns spewing garbage, as he calls it.

Yeah better to get extremely upset then block people on twitter and apologize later when you finally get your senses back.

Must be the teachers fault you still haven't learned.

Legalize and decriminalize that devils cabbage and put 100% of the tax revenue / extra prison funding into reducing classroom sizes (more teachers), teacher pay and teacher continued education / training in the public systems.  Base funding distribution on population and / or school enrollment.

I'm fine with charters / private schools as long as they are funded with donations / tuition.

The public hike school in my area has become 'little mexico' and rich kids blowing rails in the bathroom, so I love having the option of sending my kid to a local charter even tho it will be really expensive.  

Also, mandatory pledge of allegiance K-5

Yeah better to get extremely upset then block people on twitter and apologize later when you finally get your senses back.

Lol you mad bro?

You’re the reason common core is force fed down our children’s throat. No more sage on the stage anymore thanks to you

Lol you mad bro?

You’re the reason common core is force fed down our children’s throat. No more sage on the stage anymore thanks to you

What? lmao

I figured you didn’t have any clue what you were talking about before, but I guess thanks for clarifying.

You = liberals like you and your parents aka the people you gained all of your political allegiance from.

You have lost your fucking mind man lmao. My parents are actually quite conservative but yeah thanks for knowing my whole life in and out LOL

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I take it back then, your parents are probably very hard working tax paying citizens of this great country.

When you pay teachers 40k a year at best for an extremely stressful job and then doubly stress them out by constantly threatening to cut their wages and benefits, maybe that's not the best incentive for stable school environments.

Schools are an environment where we expect a certain standard. That's literally the opposite of a market approach, where the standard is completely irrelevant. I'll say it again for emphasis - any situation in which you are specifically aiming for a particular bar to hit, you do not capitalize it, because doing that will put you well below that bar.

Lots of people have stressful jobs. And as you said, we have a bar so if a teacher sucks, they should be fired or at very least parents should be allowed to send their kids to a place with teachers they would prefer.

I hope someday this thread is printed out and put in a time capsule. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Damn you Legendaryshotz

• Upvote (+1) 2

Legalize and decriminalize that devils cabbage and put 100% of the tax revenue / extra prison funding into reducing classroom sizes (more teachers), teacher pay and teacher continued education / training in the public systems. Base funding distribution on population and / or school enrollment.

I'm fine with charters / private schools as long as they are funded with donations / tuition.

The public hike school in my area has become 'little mexico' and rich kids blowing rails in the bathroom, so I love having the option of sending my kid to a local charter even tho it will be really expensive.

Also, mandatory pledge of allegiance K-5

Take all the dumb kids and put them in the fields to grow the devil's cabbage.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like it.   ...and let's bring back chain gangs to clean up all the corona and modelo bottles along our beautiful rivers in CO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please no, the people in the industry are bad enough at business as it is. 

My wife is a teacher. They get every holiday and summer off. The pension alone is worth the stress. Teachers being underpaid isn't true in the slightest.

Teachers effectively work 10-hour days plus many weekends (as well as various weeknight school functions), and if they're worth a shit they spend the summer rebuilding their curriculum.

The pension is literally the only attractive thing about being a teacher, and it's something they're constantly in danger of losing.

Also her healthcare is free.

That is not true for everyone.

We're talking about districts where schools aren't functioning correctly, not areas with lavish funding. Want to take a guess as to how those salaries and skill levels pan out?

It ain't pretty. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Teachers effectively work 10-hour days plus many weekends (as well as various weeknight school functions), and if they're worth a shit they spend the summer rebuilding their curriculum.

The pension is literally the only attractive thing about being a teacher, and it's something they're constantly in danger of losing.

That is not true for everyone.

We're talking about districts where schools aren't functioning correctly, not areas with lavish funding. Want to take a guess as to how those salaries and skill levels pan out?

It ain't pretty.

I can't say I disagree with paying teachers more to work at bad schools.

However I stand by what I said about teaching being a great job in the majority of cases, sans low income areas.

My wife worked at a bad school with like 99% on free lunch program. The biggest complaint I have is the school had no funding for paper, pencils, etc. We ended up buying the majority of these resources. Didn't have that problem at the nice school she worked at where the parents bought those things for the kids.

Gporter your autism is showing

Our actions are not who we are, everyone here is a sinner. You cannot save yourself by destroying others.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It ain't pretty. 

Something tells me this isn't a salary issue.  :I