Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

i dunno it seems like 99% of the time all these rumors turn out to be true. ck, weinstein and spacey have all been accused of this in the past and the only reason none of the women (and men) spoke on the record is bc they feared for their professional careers 

i dunno it seems like 99% of the time all these rumors turn out to be true. ck, weinstein and spacey have all been accused of this in the past and the only reason none of the women (and men) spoke on the record is bc they feared for their professional careers 

But Hollywood movie types are the only ones ever accused. I've seen stories of just college kids getting their futures ruined cause some woman decided to claim he sexually harassed her. And even when proven false the kid still isn't allowed back into the college.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know pharmassist i would agree with you but these 3 guys have already shown premature signs of this being true. Harvey Weinstein went to his sexual re-education thing, Louis CK literally pulled his movie premiere in anticipation of the breaking story, and Kevin Spacey made his own indirect admission on twitter and then came out to deflect. 

Hard not to believe the stories when the perpetrators put themselves out there like that

• Upvote (+1) 1

My cause for concern is that a person's testimony becomes the truth just because the pendulum is swinging the other way. Something consensual could later in life be used to derail somebody. Dont get me wrong its equally dangerous not to believe people at all. I've just personally been on a situation where I was wrongly accused and as a man people automatically assume you're guilty.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem with gun laws are they are not enforced.  Make the punishment for breaking firearm laws more severe and stop giving breaks to people who are illegally in possession of one.

Obama set a very bad example by pardoning many people who were convicted of gun violations.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Why do you always specifically blame Obama for shit other Presidents have done to an equal or greater extent? 

That is a very good question, and I am not afraid to answer it.

I pointed out a fact, Obama pardoned criminals who were accused of breaking various firearm laws.  The reason why I called out Obama and not Bush, Clinton or someone else who hasn't been President for over 20 years is simple, they never(to my knowledge) tried to push the agenda of more laws regarding the regulation of firearms while letting people off of the hook for breaking the existing laws.  It's mass hypocrisy from the left, and it is one more reason why more laws will not prevent a thing if they are not enforced.

Why are you always quick to either defend Obama and his failures or try and deflect them by pointing out failures that other Presidents made?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Obama did not cause or intensify gun violence in this country, and he literally did not even pass a single law or even a measly executive order to restrict gun ownership or create harsher penalties for gun law violations, so your roundabout justification is nothing but a red herring. You just wanted to shit on him because you apparently can't maintain an erection without doing so. 

Lemon, I know you are stupid but the President does not pass laws.

You are correct about one thing, Obama did nothing other than talk.  He was too much of a coward to construct an executive order, so he talked and talked about how there needs to be more restrictions on firearms and more laws regarding the purchase of them, yet he pardons felons that were convicted of violating existing gun laws.  That is hypocrisy.

Now answer the question that I posed, unless you find it too difficult to do so...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wtf does this even mean

The entire theme of this conversation, all talk and no action.

So once again, why do you find it necessary to constantly defend Obama, even when his failures are so glaringly obvious?  Are you capable of admitting that he failed on many things, or are you afraid to speak poorly about him because he is...?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"Obama was too scared to write executive orders that no one could stop him from writing." 

Rick get help, or maybe some gingko biloba to assist you in remembering how things actually went down. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"Obama was too scared to write executive orders that no one could stop him from writing." 

Rick get help, or maybe some gingko biloba to assist you in remembering how things actually went down. 

Dodging questions, making stupid statements, showing how little you actually know.

Typical Lemon posts.  Another smashing contribution, buddy.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not sure how we're going to deal with all these damn guns, but I'm sick and tired of the autistic response that the solution to it is more guns. Like saying the solution to a burning house is fucking more fire.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are you still pissed that I made you look like an even bigger idiot than you usually are a few months back?

Get over it child, you lost.  You do not even have the intelligence to eavesdrop on my conversations, let alone debate me.

lol anyone who engages in conversation w you or reads your posts automatically loses because you are an insufferable dolt 

Unless you go door to door and search every house it's pointless at this point.

I'm in favor of banning large magazines but I know people that can reload so fast that they wouldn't be hindered.

That's just an extremely apathetic and lazy mindset to be in. Just because the brute force measure of literally taking everyone's guns away wouldn't work doesn't mean you should just call it a day and put up with these mass killings.

It'll be difficult af to come up with a solution but saying it's "pointless" because of that is something that shouldn't even be part of the conversation

That's just an extremely apathetic and lazy mindset to be in. Just because the brute force measure of literally taking everyone's guns away wouldn't work doesn't mean you should just call it a day and put up with these mass killings.

It'll be difficult af to come up with a solution but saying it's "pointless" because of that is something that shouldn't even be part of the conversation

Are you ********?

Let's go play by play. You think me saying gun confiscation is impossible = me saying do nothing.

Are you ********?

Let's go play by play. You think me saying gun confiscation is impossible = me saying do nothing.

You didn't say it was impossible, you said it was pointless. Do you know what pointless means?

lol anyone who engages in conversation w you or reads your posts automatically loses because you are an insufferable dolt 

You lose because you are an idiot and months later you are still butt hurt about it.

Would you like to attempt round two?

You lose because you are an idiot and months later you are still butt hurt about it.

Would you like to attempt round two?

You have consistently gotten wrekt in this thread.  

lol

You have consistently gotten wrekt in this thread.  

lol

Never has happened, and unless someone that is actually intelligent comes along that disagrees with me it will never happen.

Good try though.