FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

The American College of Pediatricians issued a statement this week condemning gender reclassification in children by stating that transgenderism in children amounts to child abuse.

lol @ those sources. wonder if an AlcoholismAlcohlism website will have a negative slant on alcohol, herp derp, alaska

I didnt say Alaska didnt have a problem, just that your statement was false. which it is

lol @ those sources. wonder if an AlcoholismAlcohlism website will have a negative slant on alcohol, herp derp, alaska

I didnt say Alaska didnt have a problem, just that your statement was false. which it is

Which statement? The rather absurd one (on purpose) where I said most Alaskans are usually alcoholics? Of course it is. I was just being overdramatic. But that's based on facts that Alaska generally has more problems with alcoholism than most other US states. It doesn't help that parts of Alaska (Ala Burrow and others) deal with months of straight sunlight and no nights or vice versa.

People can't accurately predict the weather and they damn sure can't predict the impact of climate change. To equate an eclipse to climate change is stupid.

Using false equivalencies is a very sophomoric for such a smart man.

The scope of climate changes effects varies from climatologist to climatologist. All astrophysicist share the same eclipse predictions. God damn that's a dumb tweet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People can't accurately predict the weather and they damn sure can't predict the impact of climate change. To equate an eclipse to climate change is stupid.

Using false equivalencies is a very sophomoric for such a smart man.

The scope of climate changes effects varies from climatologist to climatologist. All astrophysicist share the same eclipse predictions. God damn that's a dumb tweet.

a majority of scientists have concluded due to many pieces of evidence that climate change will fuck us pretty hard. You don't need to predict weather/climate change 100% perfect like dumbasses want in order to get to a close enough prediction as to what will happen.

Almost like when people physically want to see that the world is round. Fine, rocket you up in the atmoshpere but would be very hesitant to let someone that stupid back down on earth.

Predictions based on models that have been wrong so many fucking times before vs. eclipses that are accurately predicted 1000's of years before they happen.

Again false equivalency.

Predictions based on models that have been wrong so many fucking times before vs. eclipses that are accurately predicted 1000's of years before they happen.

Again false equivalency.

You know how many errors have been made to each scientific theorm before they finally discovered the right one? That's the beauty of science. You calculate and experiment for the eventual truth and facts. That's what happening with climate as we speak but too many idiots wanting the perfect answer today or else it isn't true, which is hilarious.

At the end of the day, world is heating and it's because of us. Don't think thats a good thing given that whenever humanity alters nature its usually for the worse, no?

inb4 the bullshit Sharpio argument that the world when hot was flourishing during its warm phase. Well what happens if this is actually our cooling phase and we're actually heating? What happens when it actually heats on top of our carbon emissions?

Wow way to miss the whole point. I'm not debating climate change I'm debating the comparison of apples and oranges.

One uses math to accurately predict planets positions years in advance.

One uses models to guess what might happen in the years to come.

These two things are not the same and shouldn't be compared.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow way to miss the whole point. I'm not debating climate change I'm debating the comparison of apples and oranges.

Both took the scientific method and alot of time to figure out? Think it's a pretty good comparison. 

Edit: they both use math btw, just one is alot harder

Both took the scientific method and alot of time to figure out? Think it's a pretty good comparison.

Climate change hasn't been any more figured out than tomorrow's weather. It's perpetual guessing vs. there definitely is going to be an eclipse.

I have to accept that there will be an eclipse but I remain skeptical on when the world will end.

You can tell me exactly what day and time the eclipse will happen.

You cannot tell me exactly what temperature L.A. will be 100 years from now.

Get it now?

Tyson is trying to get people to accept his version of L.A's weather 100 years from now for political reasons. He carelessly made a shitty comparison and the sycophants ate it up because they believe he is smarter than them.

But there will probably tech in our lifetime that will eventually be able to figure that out? Then what? What a shitty argument.

Also tech might get so advanced that we solve the carbon problem and temps may go down. Again what a shitty argument.

Because I can't tell you the exact temp of LA today 100 years from now means all evidence of Climate Change is null and void. lol k whatever floats your boat man

Space and earth are at 2 different points of discovery, oddly enough knowing more about space than earth. However that does not mean you can just discredit climate change because we're at "pretty certain 90% this" vs 100% certain this.

So now your whole argument is based on what technology we might have in the future... I can see why you love that tweet.

Also show me where I said climate change is null and void.

So now your whole argument is based on what technology we might have in the future... I can see why you love that tweet.

Also show me where I said climate change is null and void.

You're dismissing every piece of evidence of climate change so far and what we know. You really think scientists are pulling shit out of their ass and are just guessing what's going to happen years from now. I'd say that's pretty null and void to me.

Bro because I don't know the temp of LA 100 years from now it must mean no one knows what's going on with the climate!

We know man is having an impact on the climate. We don't know when/if Florida will be under water. It's not exact science. Comparing it to an eclipse is to say climate change is an exact science and it's not.

We know man is having an impact on the climate. We don't know when/if Florida will be under water. It's not exact science. Comparing it to an eclipse is to say climate change is an exact science and it's not.

climate is an exact science. But us humans aren't smart enough yet to generate an exact model of our world and how it behaves with tiny changes.But we can get really close until then! Doesn't mean you can just dismiss it until then.