Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

@@Cypress you wake up with a tranny this morning? ;)

lol no. Did wake up with a hangover though

trannies cant survive in my area anyway... conditions are not conducive n too harsh for beta queer transhomo misgenders

I get to meet representative Lawson on Tuesday. Wants to know how we can promote better healthcare for the poor.

Easy, only allow food stamp like programs to be used at large retail stores and only valid on healthy items.

Obesity is the leading cause of fatasses in the hospital and on medications.

• Downvote (-1) 1

lol no. Did wake up with a hangover though

trannies cant survive in my area anyway... conditions are not conducive n too harsh for beta queer transhomo misgenders

br0 Colorado is snowflake central.

Easy, only allow food stamp like programs to be used at large retail stores and only valid on healthy items.

Obesity is the leading cause of fatasses in the hospital and on medications.

I hope I get a chance to talk. It's probably just a publicity thing.

The Manchester attacker was reported five different times, by Muslims. I'm not sure what more they can do.

I think the author was just expressing his anecdotes with other Muslims. You can be anti-terrorism and anti-western values, which is what he experiences from his community. The latter is of the two is what caused some Muslims to become entrenched in toxic groups like ISIS. I mean is it really the UK's fault that a Muslim born there didn't assimilate?

I think the author was just expressing his anecdotes with other Muslims. You can be anti-terrorism and anti-western values, which is what he experiences from his community. The latter is of the two is what caused some Muslims to become entrenched in toxic groups like ISIS. I mean is it really the UK's fault that a Muslim born there didn't assimilate?

Well, the keystone references of the article are the Manchester and London bombings. Anti-westernism might be a problem when getting people to integrate, but I think terrorism is far, far above seeing Muslims at community barbecues in terms of worrying priorities. 

It's certainly not the U.K.'s fault, anyway. Social groups self-segregate. It's what human beings do. 

Well, the keystone references of the article are the Manchester and London bombings. Anti-westernism might be a problem when getting people to integrate, but I think terrorism is far, far above seeing Muslims at community barbecues in terms of worrying priorities.

It's certainly not the U.K.'s fault, anyway. Social groups self-segregate. It's what human beings do.

So all we gotta do is find out how to have a good BBQ without pork.

I agree that groups tend to self-segregate. But it's for the worse. When you are around different groups you're more likely to have empathy and less likely to hate. It's in the interest of everyone to encourage cultures to melt.

So all we gotta do is find out how to have a good BBQ without pork.

I agree that groups tend to self-segregate. But it's for the worse. When you are around different groups you're more likely to have empathy and less likely to hate. It's in the interest of everyone to encourage cultures to melt.

As an aside, I'm going to go ahead and say that nobody can ever accuse you of being a Trump supporter after that statement, because a Trump supporter would neh-heh-HEH'ver say something like that. 

Anyway, absolutely. But in that sense it's not the U.K.'s fault in so much as it's everybody's fault and not any more the U.K.'s. When's the last time a white family (voluntarily) moved into a predominantly black/Mexican/Arabic/etc. neighborhood? On the whole, people prefer to be around their own, especially when there's a language barrier. 

On the whole, people prefer to be around their own, especially when there's a language barrier. 

People genuinely seem to forget this.  It's a social thing - we gravitate towards familiarity.

Everyone should check out the book, "Why are all the black kids sitting together in the cafeteria?"  Crazy title but it talks about that kind of thing.

br0 Colorado is snowflake central.

I know right, we got like 600" of snowflakes this past winter

• Upvote (+1) 2

If The Great President Trump was required to make a statement after every murder he wouldn't have time to make America great again.

Yet in his busy schedule he already found time to do exactly what you wanted.

http://koin.com/2017/05/29/trump-portland-max-stabbings-unacceptable/

very poignant stuff by our commander in chief...three days after the fact and via tweet lol. if he truly wanted to make america great again he would denounce all these home grown terror attacks as they happen

• Upvote (+1) 1

GFH I thought you only sympathized for civilians in countries that our military are bombing?

• Upvote (+1) 2