Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

You didn't explain why it's necessary or how it's come to play out effectively through history. You just explained how the system works. 

People vote, not land masses. Constitutional amendments need to be ratified by two-thirds of the states. There are almost no rights-based issues that can be meddled with by a simple 51% majority. And you completely ignored my point about the voting majority, where's the acceptable fulcrum? A President can win both the popular and electoral votes by slim margins - so that suddenly gives the executive branch a free pass to fuck with the rest of the country? Your outrage is numerically arbitrary.  

understanding the electoral college kinda speaks for itself imo. 

1. swing states are anti-fraud.

2. protects against majority... liberals winning the city vote for the rest of history.  this is a tool of dictatorships.

3. promotes opinions of all regions.. not just high density population centers.

4. promotes national campaigning.

5. the presidential vote is based on popular vote... only its at the state level.

6. gives more power to racial minorites in big city centers.  fluxuates states voting trend more.

7. one party states would change their voting requirements to help swing national vote.

8. prevents candidates with only regional appeal from winning.

9.  I think the process helps elect more rounded leaders that appeal to the vast regions of the united states.

10. a shit load more reasons why its a great system that promotes stability between all 50 of our states and encourages a strong union.

by the way, i cant imagine how many fucking recounts we'd be forced to endure using a popular nationwide vote.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not everyone who wins the Presidency is fit for it.

This is true. Obama is the best example we have seen in our life time. And just as it took time for us to realize this, it will take time for us to see how Trump is going to be one of the very best ever.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Also, there is literally no rational argument for the electoral college

OMG, he has gone full Childish on us...

Just go back over the last few pages and read.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

understanding the electoral college kinda speaks for itself imo. 

1. swing states are anti-fraud.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector

You tell me which is more risky. 

2. protects against majority... liberals winning the city vote for the rest of history.  this is a tool of dictatorships.

lol direct democracy is not a dictatorship, you clod

Regardless of what system you use to count the votes up, the majority rules. Is it always automatically a dictatorship since one side won? Or is it just a dictatorship because there's more office workers than farmers?

3. promotes opinions of all regions.. not just high density population centers.

States are not voting monoliths. That alone shatters the all-in nature of the electoral college.

4. promotes national campaigning.

No it doesn't. It promotes campaigning of swing states, which is just as trivial and insulting to the spirit of democracy and leadership. If anything, it promotes lying to a particular state/region just to nab votes, instead of solely presenting the country with a basic set of policies. 

5. the presidential vote is based on popular vote... only its the at the state level.

Cute.

6. gives more power to racial minorites in big city centers.  fluxuates states voting trend more.

First of all, like you even give a shit about this. Secondly, how are the needs of poor people of one color different than the needs of poor people of another color? They all need jobs. 

7. one party states would change their voting requirements to help swing national vote.

Could easily be solved by a federal law normalizing voting requirements throughout the nation. This could come about if the electoral college was in jeopardy, but it's not, so it doesn't matter.

8. prevents candidates with only regional appeal from winning.

Again, how is it some peoples' fault that they live in crowded areas? Furthermore, metropolis areas are not monoliths either, there are plenty of red votes coming out of city centers. All the more reason to count them.

9.  I think the process helps elect more rounded leaders that appeal to the vast regions of the united states.

Given that that has zero objective meaning of substance, I don't know how to rebuke.

• Upvote (+1) 2

you should start a campaign to abolish the electoral college then if you feel so strongly about it.  maybe start writing your senators?

or are you just arguing to argue again?

I love how you made exactly zero counterpoints to the fact that we have an overpopulation problem.

It's called inefficiency of resources and cramming people into cities. There is no overpopulation problem.

The eugenics agenda is working out as planned in Japan, where no one wants to fuck and have sex anymore.

The rise of neo-feminism will ensure similar results in the West, where the sexes will become increasingly divided. The family unit is already largely destroyed in the West.

America isn't a pure democracy. Thank God. Pure democracy is dangerous. The 99%'s would just vote to steal even more resources than they already do by voting democrat.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Kind of an important operative word.

Why is public education better than private education? ( assuming the government would subsidize the cost of education).

It's called inefficiency of resources and cramming people into cities. There is no overpopulation problem.

The eugenics agenda is working out as planned in Japan, where no one wants to fuck and have sex anymore.

The rise of neo-feminism will ensure similar results in the West, where the sexes will become increasingly divided. The family unit is already largely destroyed in the West.

The family unit is destroyed because women who have baby daddys are victimized instead of held accountable for spreading their legs.

Why is public education better than private education? ( assuming the government would subsidize the cost of education).

The "lesser" education received at a public school is exponentially better than the zero education a lot of American children would receive if school systems didn't receive public funding. 

The "lesser" education received at a public school is exponentially better than the zero education a lot of American children would receive if school systems didn't receive public funding.

Wow you literally didn't read my post lmao.

Wow you literally didn't read my post lmao.

No, I just kind of breezed over the fact that either you're implying vouchers, which are bullshit, or your post just made zero contextual sense and I have no idea why you're asking me that question. 

No, I just kind of breezed over the fact that either you're implying vouchers, which are bullshit, or your post just made zero contextual sense and I have no idea why you're asking me that question.

Vouchers certainly are not bullshit. The give parents involved in their kid's education a choice. Maybe they don't want to go to their local neighborhood school where thugs and lazy teachers run wild.

Vouchers certainly are not bullshit. The give parents involved in their kid's education a choice. Maybe they don't want to go to their local neighborhood school where thugs and lazy teachers run wild.

Which helps families who can afford to relocate. 

Guess who can't do that? Poor people. 

Which helps families who can afford to relocate.

Guess who can't do that? Poor people.

If vouchers were a thing private schools aka better schools would be ubiquitous.

What are these vouchers ur talking about pharm? My kids gonna be born in a week or two.... i cant afford the private schools around here so im looking at public schools right now.

If vouchers were a thing private schools aka better schools would be ubiquitous.

Or, OR...school systems would completely collapse in certain districts as those who can manage flee the area, leaving poor neighborhoods with no recourse. 

Or, OR...school systems would completely collapse in certain districts as those who can manage flee the area, leaving poor neighborhoods with no recourse.

oXmnFKM.jpg

Maybe if they did you would know how to spell privatize.

Government education is a failure. Anyone that thinks otherwise is dumb as fuck.

Your post distinctly supports my argument as you display a solid inability to comprehend that there are other ways of spelling privatise that majority of the western world use other than the American accepted 'z' spelling. You are displaying your American ignorance quite well and if you could afford basic education maybe you would realise (yes realise that is how it is spelt in countries that aren't America) that there are other ways of spelling things aside from your special snowflake way of spelling.

This thread is embarrassing. 

Your post distinctly supports my argument as you display a solid inability to comprehend that there are other ways of spelling privatise that majority of the western world use other than the American accepted 'z' spelling. You are displaying your American ignorance quite well and if you could afford basic education maybe you would realise (yes realise that is how it is spelt in countries that aren't America) that there are other ways of spelling things aside from your special snowflake way of spelling.

This thread is embarrassing.

You're on an american website dumbfuck.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You're on an american website dumbfuck.

I didn't know this website was American. I thought it was a website for the competitive Halo community. You know, a place where people all over the globe reside. But yeah thanks for the shit post and more obnoxious US nationalism. Fuck you too :)

I didn't know this website was American. I thought it was a website for the competitive Halo community. You know, a place where people all over the globe reside. But yeah thanks for the shit post and more obnoxious US nationalism. Fuck you too :)

MAGA
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm calling bullshit. If a heavy number of children are there with the money (vouchers), investors would flock there. Mind you we spend on average 12k per kid for garbage ass government schools. Keep doing it the broken way. The government does things shitty because there are no consequences otherwise(they can't go out of business plus unions allow shitty teachers to have jobs). Stop worshipping government.

According to the MSM Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by less than .02%.  Get over it, losers.

This generation is pathetic.

If you really want to fix the electoral system I will tell you how.

Limit the amount of electoral votes that come from a single state to 20.  If a state has more than 20 electoral votes simply split it up.  Start from the most Northern part of the state and work your way south until you get to 20, and the start again.

This would make candidates more likely to visit more areas, and the 5 swing states wouldn't have as much power as they currently do. 

• Upvote (+1) 1