Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

You make an almost valid argument. China is a big factor, but they're moving towards cleaning up. It won't be a fast process, but they're becoming more aware of what they need to do. That said, China makes up 40ish percent of fossil fuel consumption. They're obviously big players in the pollution game. India is a mere 5% of the carbon footprint of the world and the biggest users of solar power in the world. It's something we need to focus on for future generations.

87% of India's land mass is covered in human feces.  That alone emits a greater level of carbon monoxide than every other country in the world combined.

Also, the only solution for China to reduce its dependancy on coal is to increase its dependancy....  I'm talking 100% coal dependancy with around a 400% excess waste ratio.  By increasing their dependancy combined with over-producing a large scale waste ratio that is directly emitted into the atmosphere results in extremly high levels of toxic pollution emissions, which will eventually lead to an even greater genocide as a result of massive toxicity levels in their breathing air.  Currently an estimated 700,000 chinese die per year as a result of daily inhalation of airborne toxic pollution.  If they can increase that number to say...  10 million deaths per year, think of the dependancy reduction in coal that it would allow for in a 10 year timeline.  Once the coal dependancy has been reduced to a stable level, that is when you begin the shift towards green energy because the cost of the transition and required infrastructure becomes much, much less.

moral of the story: If you wanna have kids, adopt. having your own kids is selfish and irresponsible 

nah. look at birth rates in developed nations and then look at birthrates in china, india, and africa. the only real solution is mass sterilization in third world countries

• Downvote (-1) 1

moral of the story: If you wanna have kids, adopt. having your own kids is selfish and irresponsible

Im hoping most leftwing degenerates take up this practice... it'll help in reducing the spread of the lib gene. Similar to giving condoms to gay people to keep the aids virus in check.

• Upvote (+1) 1

nah. look at birth rates in developed nations and then look at birthrates in china, india, and africa. the only real solution is mass sterilization in third world countries

or you could adopt babies from those nations. you get two birds stoned at once and you don't have to murder millions of people

Im hoping most leftwing degenerates take up this practice... it'll help in reducing the spread of the lib gene. Similar to giving condoms to gay people to keep the aids virus in check.

I'm mostly talking about those religious conservative families with like 10 kids who don't use birth control and are all like  "god will give us a baby if he wants us to have one." those people need to be euthanized 

or you could adopt babies from those nations. you get two birds stoned at once and you don't have to murder millions of people

That doesn't help anything, those countries are going to continue reproducing at greater and greater rates unless an outside party puts a stop to it. and where did I say anything about murder? I specifically said sterilization.

I'm mostly talking about those religious conservative families with like 10 kids who don't use birth control and are all like  "god will give us a baby if he wants us to have one." those people need to be euthanized 

poor, lower educated minority women have the highest birth rates and unintended pregnancies.  

the foundation of the democratic voting base.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That doesn't help anything, those countries are going to continue reproducing at greater and greater rates unless an outside party puts a stop to it. and where did I say anything about murder? I specifically said sterilization.

it will help some. the babies adopted by americans will be having their kids in the US instead. the third world populations will still grow but not nearly as fast. I think physical sterilization is a bit unethical but cultural sterilization (if you will) would be a much better option. A lot of these third world countries are very religious and their religious objection to birth control is a key reason why populations are growing so fast. If you teach these people that god or whoever is cool with condoms and shit then I'd think you'd see a significant decrease in birth rates.

sorry i got confused after reading all the "let's get rid of everyone in china and india" posts 

poor, lower educated minority women have the highest birth rates and unintended pregnancies.  ie: democrats.

the foundation of the democratic voting base.

i'm talking about intended pregnancies. Unintended pregnancies are another issue 

I honestly cannot believe you all believe we have a population problem.

Or a man made warming problem.

Or if going green world wide would actually make a difference.

Or that Clinton was the better choice.

Amazing

You've obviously never spent anytime in Shanghai, Hong Kong or Beijing.

Amazing

Population growth is exponential by nature, so even if population WERENT a problem now (it's more a problem of population density, but then you start talking habitable land and resources required to make inhabitable land habitable and things get really complicated really fast), it will be soon if left unchecked.

Global warming has always been a misnomer, as has climate change. The more appropriate term seems to be "increased localized weather volatility", but either way, we are digging up what is at a base level "energy" and introducing it into our atmosphere. Eventually the world will sort itself out because that's just how energy transfer works, but we are introducing it so quickly that the earth can't keep up, and it's certainly not going to have GOOD effects. Either way, even if you disagree on effects on weather, it's pretty easy to see China as an example of why unchecked fossil fuels aren't super great for us.

I see green technologies in the same way as I see NASA. We got to the moon, but getting to the moon wasn't the biggest attribution to society from that project. We got tons of technology that has influenced our world. So even if global warming turns out to be a total farce, I don't see too many downsides if we are left with better and more easily sustainable technologies. Hell, even if Tesla was the only thing to come of it, I'd be happy. Innovation like that is good for our economy as long as there's a market for it.

Clinton is Clinton and we've hashed that a million times over here. Some people prefer her over Trump. Just as long as the person in question is well informed on their position as to who they prefer, I don't see any problem. It's a problem if people turn a blind eye to either candidate'a issues (not that they're candidates any more).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I live on Oahu. We have nearly 1m. A friend of mine from Beijing told me she misses Beijing because Honolulu is like a village. She misses going down the street and never seeing the same people twice.

I agree that cities can have people living on top of each other like ants and it isn't my cup of tea. But that isn't the same as too many people on the earth.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or better yet: only allow attractive, healthy people to reproduce.

I live on Oahu. We have nearly 1m. A friend of mine from Beijing told me she misses Beijing because Honolulu is like a village. She misses going down the street and never seeing the same people twice.

I agree that cities can have people living on top of each other like ants and it isn't my cup of tea. But that isn't the same as too many people on the earth.

I love how you made exactly zero counterpoints to the fact that we have an overpopulation problem.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Amazing

There is a huge population problem. Because of this, we have global warming and wildlife being destroyed at a rapid pace. Going green worldwide might delay natural disasters by a couple of weeks, but won't really make any difference. Clinton would have been the new worst president of all time, beating out both Bush and Obama.

Global warming is a myth, just like Democrats being the party of equality.

• Upvote (+1) 1