Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

I'm not saying internment camps are a good thing, HOWEVER....

This is what you voted for.

Luckily Trump doesn't believe in global warming so that's a good thing!!!!

I heard the Earth was 5,000 years old anyone else hear this?

Again, to make sure it isn't missed

Trump is talking about a registry. That loon with a middle school haircut has nothing to do with Trump. I'm glad that you disagree with him but the Trump administration is talking about a registry only.

Honestly I do everything I can to increase global warming. I drive a big V8 sports car and floor it to work.

Because cold weather sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Honestly I do everything I can to increase global warming. I drive a big V8 sports car and floor it to work.

Because cold weather sucks.

don't you live in Florida? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Luckily Trump doesn't believe in global warming so that's a good thing!!!!

It doesn't matter if someone believes in global warming or not. It's inevitable, unless we drastically reduce the world's population. Basically, World War III is the only solution to global warming.

Yeaaaaaah no tho. That might be a nice evil and easy way to help the problem but with a little commitment there's plenty we can do remedy the problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In theory you can lower the world population without warfare or bloodshed.  You simply prevent people from having kids and the issue solves itself within a generation or two (as humans aren't immortal and will die off anyways).

In practice you'd not only have to get society as a whole to agree to not have kids, you'd have to convince the entire globe to do it as well.  Since many countries probably consider their vast populations as a resource for defense (not to mention the simple fact people love to have kids), good luck with that.

Trying to force people to do it would be unethical, and ultimately probably wouldn't be much different from WW3 in the end.

In theory you can lower the world population without warfare or bloodshed.  You simply prevent people from having kids and the issue solves itself within a generation or two (as humans aren't immortal and will die off anyways).

In practice you'd not only have to get society as a whole to agree to not have kids, you'd have to convince the entire globe to do it as well.  Since many countries probably consider their vast populations as a resource for defense (not to mention the simple fact people love to have kids), good luck with that.

Trying to force people to do it would be unethical, and ultimately probably wouldn't be much different from WW3 in the end.

You need to stop re-reading Dan Brown's Inferno for the 5th time.

we need to load zuckerberg into a trebuchet and launch him off a cliff. they had the tools to prevent shit like this from happening 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/11/17/facebook-fake-news-writer-i-think-donald-trump-is-in-the-white-house-because-of-me/?tid=sm_tw

You mentioned Trump, and you’ve probably heard the argument, or the concern, that fake news somehow helped him get elected. What do you make of that?

My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time. I think Trump is in the White House because of me. His followers don’t fact-check anything — they’ll post everything, believe anything. His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist.

What do you guys think about Trump bringing in Bannon to the white house... and a possible Rudy Giuliani Secretary of State?  Looks like a sh*t show already..

I'm not saying internment camps are a good thing, HOWEVER....

This is what you voted for.

You sound like a crying 13 yr old girl.

Fkn millenials lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wasn't it CNN that had one of their camera men posted as a protestor? And Brian Williams who got busted for the fake Iraq story? You can't possibly talk about fake news and give MSM a pass.

Wasn't it CNN that had one of their camera men posted as a protestor? And Brian Williams who got busted for the fake Iraq story? You can't possibly talk about fake news and give MSM a pass.

unrelated and no one is giving them a pass for that. the issue with the facebook fake news is that the people who write the fake stories are doing so under the assumption that they will be fact checked and understood to be satire. I mean isn't it a problem that Trump's own campaign manager shared these stories without any sort of fact checking? This is why facebook became an echo chamber of false stories taken as fact throughout the election

Yeaaaaaah no tho. That might be a nice evil and easy way to help the problem but with a little commitment there's plenty we can do remedy the problem.

lol no there's not. America and all of europe could switch to green energy overnight and it wouldn't make a difference, because india and china aren't going to follow suit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you guys think about Trump bringing in Bannon to the white house... and a possible Rudy Giuliani Secretary of State?  Looks like a sh*t show already..

yea but what do the polls say? :kappa:

lol no there's not. America and all of europe could switch to green energy overnight and it wouldn't make a difference, because india and china aren't going to follow suit.

You make an almost valid argument. China is a big factor, but they're moving towards cleaning up. It won't be a fast process, but they're becoming more aware of what they need to do. That said, China makes up 40ish percent of fossil fuel consumption. They're obviously big players in the pollution game. India is a mere 5% of the carbon footprint of the world and the biggest users of solar power in the world. It's something we need to focus on for future generations.