Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

prove it you fucking pussy 

lol you compared dylan roof to radical islamic terrorists 

http://dcwatchdog.org/white-privilege-debunked/

Oh wow, the first paragraph. Might want to work a little harder next time. 

I compared terrorists to terrorists. Cause that's what they both are, but nice try deflecting. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I actually agree with what damn near everything you said. Yes the vetting and immigration process here was frustrating as hell. I'll respectfully disagree with the wall being ineffective. I guess you don't know until you try, but several walled borders have proven to be super effective.

I'll actually agree with you here. The people that are actually capable of getting here legally or illegally could probably do a world of good to make their own country a lot better. I actually watched an interesting video by some guy before, putting some actual numbers on how ineffective our efforts are to help others. I'll try to find it. 

I just struggle to see any kind of comparable wall to one that would match the scope/cost (immediate/long term) of what is being attempted. 

The circumstances around other walls being effective don't even compare to the project that is being looked at. Even the company that built and helped man them says they wouldn't work in the U.S. and recommended a system akin to what we are already doing along with an improved "smart fence" 

I just think there are better solutions. 

prove it you fucking pussy

lol you compared dylan roof to radical islamic terrorists

Don't get mad because you're forgetting google exists.

i love amo

We know, you plus rep every single one of his posts... while contributing nothing but negativity to any other discussion.

Regardless of who "originally wrote it" my point still stands. "White Privilege" was created by the progressive left in an effort to divide us. 

Did you not see my "original thought" in the very post you quoted? I said we all bleed red, you want to dispute that as well? Why does it always gotta be about race?? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We know, you plus rep every single one of his posts... while contributing nothing but negativity to any other discussion.

Regardless of who "originally wrote it" my point still stands. "White Privilege" was created by the progressive left in an effort to divide us.

Did you not see my "original thought" in the very post you quoted? I said we all bleed red, you want to dispute that as well? Why does it always gotta be about race??

I would rather have negative post that are in my words instead of having a "contributing" post in some one else's.

Great another post that contributes nothing to the thread at hand. Literally a discussion about politics always turns into something personal with you guys, I do not understand. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is the video I was talking about. I'm sure you've probably seen it. I agree with this more than any other idea ever pitched. 

I've seen it. I don't know what exactly this video is implicitly responding to, because I don't think that any person out there believes that we allow immigrants specifically as a humanitarian venture; we allow immigration because it highly benefits us when the world's best and brightest come to live, learn, and work in our country. He is absolutely correct that we really only tend to take the most affluential into our fold. 

I've said before that the quartering efforts of refugee intake, on the other hand, could be much better handled - and that it is not an obligation to provide them with immigrant status. 

Triggered much?

Your point?? You didn't make a point. You tried to pass off the thoughts of another person. You discredited yourself of having any kind of original thought on the subject. 

We all bleed red? What a concept gpot, your career in the scientific field will go far. What in the hell does that have to do with a white person facing less direct and indirect discrimination in their life? These aren't direct biases or prejudice or the jim crow laws and segregation. They aren't easy to see or even to feel because discussing things like the ability to feel "normal" in your own skin are deeply psychological discussions. 

People didn't believe or respect the idea of norms or socialization at first either, but as we begin to detect psychological patterns more directly they start to make more sense and become less academic. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've seen it. I don't know what exactly this video is implicitly responding to, because I don't think that any person out there believes that we allow immigrants specifically as a humanitarian venture; we allow immigration because it highly benefits us when the world's best and brightest come to live, learn, and work in our country. He is absolutely correct that we really only tend to take the most affluential into our fold. 

I've said before that the quartering efforts of refugee intake, on the other hand, could be much better handled - and that it is not an obligation to provide them with immigrant status. 

Sorry I didn't clarify. I was agreeing with you that the best long term solution to immigration is helping to make these countries better off rather than taking the best and brightest into our own country. 

Just giving money to other countries has proven to be incredibly ineffective. Helping those that can actually make a difference in their own country, instead of coming here would at least be something to try. 

Triggered much?

Your point?? You didn't make a point. You tried to pass off the thoughts of another person. You discredited yourself of having any kind of original thought on the subject. 

We all bleed red? What a concept gpot, your career in the scientific field will go far. What in the hell does that have to do with a white person facing less direct and indirect discrimination in their life? These aren't direct biases or prejudice or the jim crow laws and segregation. They aren't easy to see or even to feel because discussing things like the ability to feel "normal" in your own skin are deeply psychological discussions. 

People didn't believe or respect the idea of norms or socialization at first either, but as we begin to detect psychological patterns more directly they start to make more sense and become less academic. 

Honestly dude, fuck you. 

You're the biggest pussy on the planet, I will literally beat the living fuck out of you if I ever met you in real life. 

Honestly dude, fuck you. 

You're the biggest pussy on the planet, I will literally beat the living fuck out of you if I ever met you in real life. 

Morton_Ether_1846.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Sorry I didn't clarify. I was agreeing with you that the best long term solution to immigration is helping to make these countries better off rather than taking the best and brightest into our own country. 

Just giving money to other countries has proven to be incredibly ineffective. Helping those that can actually make a difference in their own country, instead of coming here would at least be something to try. 

I know, I was just critiquing the video. 

Money by itself definitely will not solve the problem, though. 

Come on Andrew lmao look in the mirror bud looks like you already got your ass beat with that busted ass nose of yours. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Come on Andrew lmao look in the mirror bud looks like you already got your ass beat with that busted ass nose of yours.

Take a break bro.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I can't remember the last time I played Zelda. I'll get on that. 

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.