Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

So far Trump has walked back on the ACA, walked back on prosecuting Clinton, walked back on criticizing Obama as literally the worst President of all time, considered nothing but Washington cronies and his family members as Cabinet hopefuls, brought an anti-LGBT and otherwise awful human being in as his running mate after flapping a rainbow flag around on stage, and promised to dismantle Dodd-Frank. 

He's a disaster right out of the gate for his supporters. Oh wait, they don't actually give a shit, it's all MEME MAGIC~

Funny, nobody is a bigger supporter of his here than me and I have 0 problems with anything he has said or done thus far since winning. I never expected him to prosecute Hillary, that was just trash talking in a tough campaign. And with Obama, the campaign is over, so of course he is going to be respectful to Obama just as Obama is being respectful towards him. Even Obama said something like "this is just intramural sports, we're both on the same team", meaning they both want what's best for the country. Cabinet members? They're everyone who I expected, people that have been with Trump through thick and thin.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This will not end well for shareholders of stocks in PepsiCo.  Macy’s business model collapsed after they took a similarly adversarial position toward candidate Donald Trump in 2015.  Now that Donald Trump has won the presidency, PepsiCo is following the same path as Macy’s.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/11/13/massive-stewardship-fail-pepsico-ceo-tells-trump-supporters-to-take-their-business-elsewhere/

When a little girl is told she can never be president, just tell her the story about Donald Trump.

Brad, the look on your face when all those illegal immigrants are still here in four years (oh wait, Mexican immigrants are actually leaving, whoops) and all those factory jobs remain in China is going to be priceless. 

Brad, the look on your face when all those illegal immigrants are still here in four years (oh wait, Mexican immigrants are actually leaving, whoops) and all those factory jobs remain in China is going to be priceless. 

My bad, I didn't realize Trump was running for president to put Hillary in prison. Didn't realize her email shit was one of the bigger issues affecting our country, on par with illegal immigration and jobs! Since he isn't pursuing charges against her, then that must mean he has no plans to follow through with what he was actually campaigning on.

C'mon man.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What a wonderfully non-falsifiable position that will only be determined years down the road when none of us are posting in this thread. 

Super convenient, actually. 

Trump tower residents are getting tired of coming home just to be screened by the secret service. FAA has established a no fly zone of 2 miles around Trump tower until after the 20th. Secret service is suggesting he move out of Trump tower for security reasons. They say it isn't easy to secure his residence there. Way too many people on the streets and traffic.

So far Trump is doing exactly what he should, say nice things to make the over sensitive millennials calm down and stop destroying their own citys.

This generation is embarrassing to be a part of.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Brad, the look on your face when all those illegal immigrants are still here in four years (oh wait, Mexican immigrants are actually leaving, whoops) and all those factory jobs remain in China is going to be priceless.

you wont be able to see his face because we're on the interwebz doe.

i think some of you are getting riots and protests confused. I'm not seeing anything about any cities being destroyed

When was the last time an American city was completely destroyed by riots? Sweet verbiage yourself

i think some of you are getting riots and protests confused. I'm not seeing anything about any cities being destroyed 

So, what do you call it when there is a big mass of people that are in the streets causing property damage?

• Upvote (+1) 1

LMAO look at these anti trump protesters from portland.

juJbd9.jpg

1. backhoe.

2. 10 foot hole in the ground.

3. .22lr right behind the ear.

4.  fill in 10 foot hole.

When was the last time an American city was completely destroyed by riots? Sweet verbiage yourself

according to rick that's what the millenials are doing right now

So, what do you call it when there is a big mass of people that are in the streets causing property damage?

the majority of protesters aren't causing the damage. there's always going to be small portion that goes too far when you're dealing with that many aggravated people. Most of these protesters don't want a riot but there's no way to control everyone's actions. In oregon the people who organized the protest raised money to cover the damages even though it was a group of anarchists separate from the protest that caused most of the damage. The goal of these protests isn't to burn the cities down because almost everyone understands that that would be counterproductive 

implying that protesting the results of the presidential election is productive in the first place.

implying that your idea of productive is universally agreed upon

implying that your idea of productive is universally agreed upon

Blocking traffic and damaging property is non-productive. That is universally agreed upon by everyone with a brain.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Blocking traffic and damaging property is non-productive. That is universally agreed upon by everyone with a brain.

actually it's very productive if your goal is to express and bring attention to your collective anger via civil disobedience

actually it's very productive if your goal is to express and bring attention to your collective anger via civil disobedience

hilarious that you are actually defending these imbreds.

• Upvote (+1) 2