Hard Way

Guilty Pleasures Thread

Honestly man, posts like @@automatousbeing make me realize that 343 may mess up a lot when it comes to gameplay, but their new modes can be fucking stellar. Strongholds, Ricochet, Extraction, etc are fun to play, which is really the end goal of the game isn't it ? : )

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly man, posts like @@automatousbeing make me realize that 343 may mess up a lot when it comes to gameplay, but their new modes can be fucking stellar. Strongholds, Ricochet, Extraction, etc are fun to play, which is really the end goal of the game isn't it ? : )

Pitfall Ricochet was hands down the funnest shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pitfall Ricochet was hands down the funnest shit.

The throw from green thru the tiny window right into goal. That's a perfect example of ricochet allowing you to grind out points by making small runs and passes, or try and Hail Mary a super technical throw.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I loooove using nooby shit to kill good players. Full Health AR spraydowns, spartan charges, dual wielding, the needler... I think it's because I know it must make them so angry.

I just wanted to bump this thread again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Last night we had a to6 in BTB in MCC. Burial Mounds TS. Ends up being 6v1 from quitters. So instead of sitting around being bored for 12 minutes, we made an honor rule that we could only use needlers against him. If we saw him before we had a needled we would just run away or die trying. Once we all had needlers we would group up and go after him all at once.

It was hysterical. The weapon is impossibly bad. It took 6 of us multiple clips of needler to kill him, and he was surrounded! He had to have been having fun too bc he would take out like 3 of us every time. It was probably more fun than we would have had if no one quit. Would highly recommend.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think random spread in Halo 3 was a great idea and added to the skillgap.

More importantly, it felt jarring, but it was as though you were responsible for that effect. Which is good. It gives you a lot of desire and reward for getting good at it.

Even if the Tac Mag had a higher skill gap, nobody will care about it. It's too if-this-then-that, tight reticle, hand-holdy for it to be iconic.

I actually really like Riptide... on the surface it has a lot of the same problems as quite a few other H5 maps, but it has a good sense of flow to compensate.