Hard Way

Guilty Pleasures Thread

Everyone has a few things they enjoy that they know they shouldn't, be it maps, weapons, vehicles, tactics, missions, whatever. I'm curious to see what guilty pleasures other Beyond members have.

For me? I love killing a good player with a noob weapon. I love getting needler kills. I love ARing some sweatband when he's dinking and dunking and trying like hell to outpistol me at close range. I loved getting a dual wield kill in a serious game. Stuff like that. Brute shotting a guy off the map, etc.

I liked Isolation and felt bad when everyone wanted to veto it but me.

I loved getting kills with the hand held turret in H3.

I'm sure there are loads more that I'm not remembering right now.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I like playing Halo 4 in the MCC because it's dumb as hell and that makes it fun.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Teabagging someone after you cheaply kill them until they quit is always satisfying and surprisingly still effective after all these years. This is why I hate killcams btw. Yeah it's nice but it gets rid of the famous Halo pastime.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I enjoy statting in MCC hardcore playlist during OBJ games and hearing the classic "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU GUYS DOING" nerd rage screaming in my teammates mic as we are getting rekt.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hiding in Infection, running goofy customs like Jenga, playing difficult racetracks for like an hour until I'm able to complete them..

Oh, here's a good one- Molten. I LOVE Molten.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm a sucker for the party minigames in customs, IDC who you are those are fun as shit. I could play fat kid, jenga, duck hunt, and the rest of that shit.

Also i'm a masochist for Reach multi-team because I don't have to think when I play :P

• Upvote (+1) 2

I fucking LOVE playing "casual" objective game modes more than anything else in Halo.

• 1 Flag CTF/Assault on Ascension, Burial Mounds, Headlong, High Ground, Ivory Tower, Lockout, Longshore, Relic, Terminal, Turf & Zanzibar.
  • Multi Flag CTF on Beaver Creek, Colossus, Elongation, Foundation, Midship, & Warlock.
  • King of the Hill on Epitaph, Gemini, Ghost Town, Lockout, Midship, Turf, & Warlock.
Some of these maps and gametypes are considered complete garbage by the competitive community, but holy shit do I enjoy playing them in MCC.
See these have always been my favorite and it's why MCC and H5 were so disappointing for me. MCC is AR starts everything and mainly Slayer, and H5 has, well, nothing.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

I think that in H5 "The Answer" SAW is really fun to use. It's the only thing from the req packs that I don't sell, so if I ever play warzone I'll have fun.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I enjoyed pacing my shots in Reach. I guess it made the weapon feel a little more... alive? If you respected it, the weapon would reward you in turn. God it felt good to 5 someone with perfect shots and pacing.

Please don't hurt me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

These have been good so far.

I'm with clicked on a lot of those gametypes. All of those 1Flag gametypes are totally solid. And Gemini KotH is massively underrated.

@@Batchford used to give me so much shit for it, but I fucking LOVE Longest CTF. We play it every time we LAN back home. And we take it serious too. A sweaty game of 4v4 Longest CTF is a riot.

Part of me has always loved how slow some games of Lockout are played. I love holding BR or Snipe tower, and making methodical decisions with my team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really like Pegasus.

Pegasus isn't that bad. They kinda butchered it from beta, and it doesn't have the best weapon layout

There is a guy who art-ed up the entire map to look super industrial (it looks mad good) but he also changed the weapons and opened up a ton of routes and it flows incredibly. Map has a ton of potential, especially for Doubles.

I love teabagging when we both know I should have died, just because I know he's already mad and it's gonna make him play really predictably.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Getting first grabs at the sniper..ahh..what else....performing a perfect SK strafe on someone that got first shots. I absolutely love embarrassing someone like that. 

Attempting to do a AYellowSnowball plasma grenade stick launch kill, but constantly failing. :wutface:

Getting First Strikes in Infection. I once swept a match while working on Achilles helmet commendations with my former Halo 5 clan. Felt sooo good.

Peaking in and out of cover while trying to outwit/outplay someone that's right in front of me.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Oh, and inb4 someone mentions no scoping with Nornfang  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pegasus isn't that bad. They kinda butchered it from beta, and it doesn't have the best weapon layout

There is a guy who art-ed up the entire map to look super industrial (it looks mad good) but he also changed the weapons and opened up a ton of routes and it flows incredibly. Map has a ton of potential, especially for Doubles.

I'd love to play that. I loathe Pegasus so much. It pisses me off.

I love custom games in any Halo. They're all fun to me. It's good to switch things up with a bit of Duck Hunt or Hide and Seek with friends every once in a while.