almightyshade

South TX LAN 2017: Halo 1 NHE 2v2

Makes me sad there are no replies.

If anyone reading this is a Halo player (any Halo) and you haven't played the original with the NHE mod - you're really in for a treat. It would be criminal to miss a chance to LAN with this bunch if you aren't too far.

Any plans for a stream?

That's a long way for me. If I wasn't a college kid with no car, I would 100% go. I'll have to see how it works out.

@@stunt_man Hey dude, I hope you're doing well! I tried launching Halo Custom Edition, but it said I couldn't connect to the gamespy master server. @@Teapot, that's a good point, Texas is pretty big. There are some players from Beaumont, San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas, arriving, and are all having to make big arrangements just to make it down. But, it's a long drive for some of the out of town players, which is another reason why I'm trying to make it worthwhile their time to travel down and for those interested in watching.

There's a few players from Beaumont, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, and one from Ohio attending. But, they're all having to make big arrangements just to make it down, especially for the long drives. So, I'm trying to make it worthwhile their time to travel down, and for those interested in watching.

As far as streaming, yes, I will be streaming the event on my Twitch channel, and posting updates on my Instagram for anyone unable to attend and want to follow the event. There will be giveaways being done every hour on the stream, more specifically during intermissions between matches.

RSVP List (✓ = confirmed attendance)

Almighty Shade (myself) ✓
Steven Brazell ✓
Polktastic
Xorg ✓
GDS Rigor Mortis
Solarith
Abaddon ✓
Clownbaby ✓
Dante X ✓
Zora
JiggaWhat
Mrs. JiggaWhat
The Real Dub ✓
Party Tray Brigade ✓
Banana Crate ✓
One player from Ohio (idk what name he's registering as)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn I just saw this. I'm completely down for this. There's a huge Texas scene. Here in Corpus, Houston, San Antonio. We had a big hub for it all called TexanLANCircle up until H4. I'll text some of the guys and see if they're interested

Damn I just saw this. I'm completely down for this. There's a huge Texas scene. Here in Corpus, Houston, San Antonio. We had a big hub for it all called TexanLANCircle up until H4. I'll text some of the guys and see if they're interested

Who still plays from TLC? Me, adamar, swift kill, gabriel, munoz and I think that's it from what I know

So do any of you guys in Texas know others that might be interested?

Talented trev may be interested but idk hus username or if he even still goes here

Who still plays from TLC? Me, adamar, swift kill, gabriel, munoz and I think that's it from what I know

I play Warzone mainly if anything. Just trying to get req points, unlock everything and then be done. Saiyan still plays, I see Nate(Riot) playing every now and then.

• Upvote (+1) 1

someone hit up Zyos.

Just realized what TLC means too. I heard you talk about it Zu but now I put 2 and 2 together.

someone hit up Zyos.

Just realized what TLC means too. I heard you talk about it Zu but now I put 2 and 2 together.

My gamer tag is the same as my forum name, you have no idea how many times people assume TLC means Tender Loving Care

Awesome stuff @@Mentalityy_TLC! If Zyos is still playing and down to play, that would be interesting. I met with the venue to get them to provide finalized pricing for the rental fee, hotel deals, etc. If we get a lot of players for attendance, this will turn out great!

Awesome stuff @@Mentalityy_TLC! If Zyos is still playing and down to play, that would be interesting. I met with the venue to get them to provide finalized pricing for the rental fee, hotel deals, etc. If we get a lot of players for attendance, this will turn out great!

What type of TV/Moniters is the tournament being played on? And is it's OG Xbox,360, or One?

Equipment:

• CRT TVs
  • OG soft modded xboxes
  • Halo 1: Neutral Host Edition

We will have the disc version available, because there's two players who insist that disc is better than NHE and would rather play on that, in case they do attend. You're welcome to bring your own equipment too, I just suggest labeling them all properly to avoid mixing them up/losing them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Equipment:

• CRT TVs
  • OG soft modded xboxes

We will have the disc version available, because there's two players who insist that disc is better than NHE and would rather play on that, in case they do attend. You're welcome to bring your own equipment too, I just suggest labeling them all properly to avoid mixing them up/losing them.

It seemed like the for the first few days of the Beach LAN people still preferred playing ON/OFF series, but after those first couple days it seemed like every single person preferred Neutral Host Edition, even the top players. I think it just takes a while to get used to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Equipment:

• CRT TVs
  • OG soft modded xboxes

I applaud this. This is wonderful.

I applaud this. This is wonderful.

I'm in a facebook chat with this group and they seem very dedicated towards CE, but obviously it would be difficult for others to find out about these that are part of the TLC. It's mostly fighters right? It'd be cool if you could pass the word along that this exists, specifically that it's OG xboxs and Neutral Host Edition.

I'm trying to moderately promote this on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, so I won't come across as a spammer. I even made flyers, posted them on campus, and passed them out to people on campus. 

I play Warzone mainly if anything. Just trying to get req points, unlock everything and then be done. Saiyan still plays, I see Nate(Riot) playing every now and then.

Saiyan still plays? Why doesn't he ever go out to Beach LAN or play with those guys? Jeez I'd love to see him out there.

I thought Saiyan's wife banned him from gaming.

Anyone remember the post on MLG where his WIFE signed on to his forum account to tell everyone that he won't be around anymore? UGGGHHH

• Upvote (+1) 3