Omega

A Halo Collegiate League

Hello TeamBeyond. The other day I was watching spartan the dogs video on his thoughts on competitive Halo and one thing stuck out to me, the community behind Halo eSports. As a community it is up to us to help halo grow and support it, and one thing I haven't been seeing a lot is Halo Collegiate leagues. As a marketing student my brain race to think is this because there is not enough people to play in a collegiate league or is it something else. The only way to figure this out is to do research. So if you are in college at the moment I would appreciate it if you took some time out of your day to take this quick survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HM5V2YS Thank you so much.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I was thinking of starting a "Halo Competitive Club" or just a eSports club at my school. Somewhere where people could just LAN whatever and doing mini tournies/money matches and such, but I just never got around to doing it. I think there is a lot of potential for this since a lot more people play games and are interested in eSports nowadays.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At Cal Poly SLO I tried to start a Halo club but the guy who is in charge of putting the club through the system said the game is to violent and while put the school in a bad light. Pretty much the whole if a shooting happens it must be the video game.

At Cal Poly SLO I tried to start a Halo club but the guy who is in charge of putting the club through the system said the game is to violent and while put the school in a bad light. Pretty much the whole if a shooting happens it must be the video game.

Interesting. I went to CP SLO, graduated back in 2011.

Write up a document about UC Irvine and other eSports. Shove it in his face.

Glad to see some fellow mustangs in this thread. I just graduated in June, would love to see collegiate involvement in the halo community. I know there are other clubs for games like Dota at CP, I don't understand why halo would get excluded.

Glad to see some fellow mustangs in this thread. I just graduated in June, would love to see collegiate involvement in the halo community. I know there are other clubs for games like Dota at CP, I don't understand why halo would get excluded.

Yeah there is the Smash Club who threw tournaments almost every weekend. The LoL club was called SLOlers   and ran tournaments every quarter which were sponsored by Riot, so they didnt have to spend money on prizes. As for the club, I heard from people that the person who is in charge of clubs is terrible and if you want to get a club through the system you need to talk to a student that is part of ASI.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Going to College of Charleston next fall (going to be doing marketing as well) and I believe they have game tournaments if I'm not mistaken. I would totally be down for some doubles, but the only thing holding Halo back IMO is lack of split screen and LAN. Makes it harder to run tourneys for cheap. I know some schools give "e-athletes" scholarships for LoL and stuff. 

I started a thread a while ago about starting an "adult league" for anybody that wants to play within the competitive structure, but isn't really an aspiring pro.  For people like me that have a family and only time to game maybe 3 nights a week.  http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14246-halo-adult-league-competition-for-the-99/?do=findComment&comment=820273

It got a lot of interest but we found that the structure to handle it wasn't really in place yet, at least for someone like me that can't take the hours every week it would take to organize everything, message all the teams, settle disputes, etc.

If someone that can devote enough time to this to handle all these things manually wanted to, i would be down to play.  I'm 30 though, so you'll have to forgive me for that :).

I was hoping that the Xbox Arena and Clubs features would be released in a timely manner because those would be perfect for this, but there was just a microsoft presser last week that said the arena part wont come until the next update in early 2017....

I love this Idea. All of it. Having a college series would be so cool. And it could probably be done with school picking up LoL teams and supporting it more and more. 

I go to the University of Kentucky, there is an annual tournament on campus that used to have Halo, now it is just Smash and FIFA. The turn out is pretty good, and very chill atmosphere. When there was Halo, I went by myself and got placed with three others; the first round we played against Ace and got destroyed. 

I really like this idea and could see it going places, even if it just starts out as an online thing.