Niku

25m radar pick/powerup? Any thoughts on this idea?

As for not knowing if they have it, there's no reason we couldn't make the dude glow green or something. Again I think this would only be fun or useful on a vertical, tiered map.

It would be useful for any map where a wall could separate 2 players. 

It's really not that bad of an idea though we need to be aware that a player has the radar pickup. That was the largest problem with equipment in Halo 3. Players with any powerups need to have a visual for opponents so they have a chance to counter.

That's a false equivalence. The equipment in H3, and the armor abilities in Reach & H4 provided active benefits, while a theoretical radar pickup is passive. You're not going to immediately win a losing fight just by having a radar advantage like you could with 3's regen field.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's more of a 50/50 Powerup. The Chances of getting a kill and dying or close rather than having a power up or power weapon. Beta testing would be interesting

That's a false equivalence. The equipment in H3, and the armor abilities in Reach & H4 provided active benefits, while a theoretical radar pickup is passive. You're not going to immediately win a losing fight just by having a radar advantage like you could with 3's regen field.

Powerups are about having advantages and if used correctly, radar is a large advantage. It's not about the powerup itself winning a fight, it's about using it to give you the extra advantage to win a fight. Not every powerup has to have the same weight in advantages either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would be useful for any map where a wall could separate 2 players.

Yeah of course, but did you stop to ask yourself how lame of a powerup that would be on a map like amplified before posting?

Yeah of course, but did you stop to ask yourself how lame of a powerful that would be on a map like amplified before posting?

It would still be useful? 

It's not like you can have anything else on that map without it being extremely overpowered or just completely useless. 

Powerups are about having advantages and if used correctly, radar is a large advantage. It's not about the powerup itself winning a fight, it's about using it to give you the extra advantage to win a fight. Not every powerup has to have the same weight in advantages either.

I don't think those advantages are worth making a player more or differently-visible.

It would still be useful?

It's not like you can have anything else on that map without it being extremely overpowered or just completely useless.

If you had your choice of any map to put this never-before-placed powerup on, and you picked Amplified, you would get laughed out of your job. That powerup would be the running joke of the circuit.

Of course it would be useful on any map, but to deny that there are MASSIVE degrees of difference between map styles is willfully ignorant. If you're going to place a new powerup on a map, that map's play style should showcase the usefulness of that power up. In my opinion Construct and Countdown would do that better than any other map. It's not even close to equal.

We have eyes, mouths and headsets....there is no need for a crutch like radar.

You have a pistol, no need for a crutch like rockets.

This would be something you would pick up on map, I'm not sure if it would play well but dismissing it by saying "We have other ways to find positions" is like saying "We have other ways to kill people".

• Upvote (+1) 1

You have a pistol, no need for a crutch like rockets.

This would be something you would pick up on map, I'm not sure if it would play well but dismissing it by saying "We have other ways to find positions" is like saying "We have other ways to kill people".

Nah, the two are not the same...sorry. We saw what radar on crack (promethean vision) did to halo as a pickup. We know what radar has done to competitive halo already and that won't change as a pickup. I'll never like or welcome radar in any capacity in competitive halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nah, the two are not the same...sorry. We saw what radar on crack (promethean vision) did to halo as a pickup. We know what radar has done to competitive halo already and that won't change as a pickup. I'll never like or welcome radar in any capacity in competitive halo.

Just to fact check you on that one, Promethean vision was never used as a pickup in Halo: 4. Vanilla or Ghostayame settings. 

It was a loadout in infinity slayer.

Just to fact check you on that one, Promethean vision was never used as a pickup in Halo: 4. Vanilla or Ghostayame settings. 

It was a loadout in infinity slayer.

yea loadout...my bad