Supafastguy

Regarding everyone's struggles with aiming...

If this is true it's going to be super awk for all the people claiming it didn't bother them.

post of the year.

Edit: So after reading, it sounds like something a dev would get completely roasted for once their players figured out they were using it.  This would only be acceptable in the Mario Party of shooters. Or in CoD, bc you could do fucking anything to that game and the drones will still buy it.

So if you have no problems with the aiming it means you're trash.

lmao

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its an interesting topic and its something I could see 343 implementing (sadly), but I don't think it's in Halo 5.  I remember launch week I had huge problems with the aiming, and I was playing a lot with Batchford back then. He's significantly better than me at this game, and he barely noticed it.  I'm convinced it has more to do with proximity to the servers.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is there anyone in the PC modding community that can dig up Halo 5's aiming systems and investigate what makes it tick?

Part of me wants this to be true for H5 so I can die of laughter and tell my friends I'm not crazy  :kappa:

As ridiculous as it sounds, it would make a lot of sense.

I honestly wouldn't put it past them.

Wow, would it be funny...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, this is pretty easy to test.

Someone make an alt and derank to bronze and see how the aiming is.

Is very hard to prove since in lower ranks you also get better server due to larger player base.

Is very hard to prove since in lower ranks you also get better server due to larger player base.

Also they don't strafe at all.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Let's go test this out in split screen... Oh wait. Well let's try it out in LAN... Oh shit. Guys not including these features isn't just laziness. Remember that matchmaking algorithm update back in February?

For all of you FFA players out there, this is by far the MOST notable Playlist that shows this is actually apart of the game. Ever notice how you can consistently have a hard time hitting the unranked or MUCH lower ranked person? Ever notice how a majority of the time the unranked wins in FFA?

My brother recently moved in and wanted to start playing so I created an account for him. All I have to say is, play on a new account and you will see the truth. I played against a lot of the same people probably due to a lower population in this Playlist, and won EASILY. I'm talking beating onyx's without a second thought as an unranked.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well, this is pretty easy to test.

Someone make an alt and derank to bronze and see how the aiming is.

You don't even have to rank. Have you ever seen the accounts that have only 4 total matches played in a ranked match?

I know this because like i said in my last post, I tested this on my bro's new gt about a week ago. This is when I started digging and came across this. I was still playing against plats, diamonds and onyxs but i was averaging 5-6 perfects a game against them while having k/d's of 25-5, averaging a 22 kda. I mean even your hit markers were more defined. 

Edit: It was such a vast difference from my SR 146+ account I didn't want to stop because the whole time I kept saying "this is how the game should be played"

Ever heard of a netduma? You can actually see what servers you're connecting to, the location of them, and the latency of those servers. It even has a geofilter to help those who live in BFE connect to the best possible server. Needless to say I connected to the same servers, with a different account, and now all of my shots/melees are connecting against all players of all ranks.

http://xim4.com/comm...?topic=42461.0# seem to break it down well

I'm aware of this. What I'm looking for is someone too:

1. Cross reference Xim4's findings to make sure it's absolutely accurate and have 2 confirmed sources of information.

2. Investigate the possibility of latency having an effect on the aiming system.

3. Investigate any possibility of hidden attributes to the aiming system that are similar to the info in this PDF.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine if this is all bullshit and 343 is just laughing at us.

Like who the hell thinks this stuff is a good idea over at 343?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Imagine if this is all bullshit and 343 is just laughing at us.

Like who the hell thinks this stuff is a good idea over at 343?

At this point it would be more less surprising if 343 sees this and starts jotting down notes. The only reason radar is in HCS is because they want to bridge casuals and comp. This seems right up their ally.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

*closes PDF*

i read that as the games final outcome eg close games, though it seems they were implying that random aiming systems could induce that..which isn't quite translatable considering they studied the reaction of chess players and not something that required a dice roll. When a game lacks uncertainty (or in a video game sense the least amount of uncertainty) then close games ie games with an uncertain final outcome are more enjoyable than a clear win, hence why people lose their shit over a close series or comebacks. The same doesn't apply to monopoly, or atleast after a few games of monopoly when you realise you don't have full control of the outcome.

still even these researchers can't quite seem to differentiate a final outcome in a game based on certainty vs uncertainty. It was the comment just before the one you posted that irked me the most

"Therefore the increased competition and increased uncertainty of the outcome of games in which the weaker player is assisted are experienced as more enjoyable for stronger players too."

what i was talking about in my first paragraph comes down to these two posts

"In a study of internet chess players, Abuhamdeh and Csikszentmihalyi [1] found that enjoyment peaked when players held a small performance advantage over their opponent (slightly smaller than the value of a pawn). Although unexplained by self-determination theory, the authors hypothesized that the differences could be explained by the suspense of an uncertain outcome."

"Our results mirror these effects in the case of multiplayer FPS scenarios. Our participants experienced greatest enjoyment with the balancing scheme that made the games closest, i.e., where the outcome was most uncertain. In addition, our stronger participants sensed that their weaker opponent was assisted, yet still felt the most enjoyment when outcome was uncertain"

thankfully they realised what could undermine their research in the limitations section.

I suck at aiming the BR in this game, but i'm amazing with the pistol. I just hope they don't add BR starts to Arena or im screwed lol. I'd actually prefer the DMR over the BR at this point...which is frightening to think. 

I suck at aiming the BR in this game, but i'm amazing with the pistol. I just hope they don't add BR starts to Arena or im screwed lol. I'd actually prefer the DMR over the BR at this point...which is frightening to think. 

I feel like I turn slower when using a BR vs a pistol. Makes it impossible to aim the BR close range.

• Upvote (+1) 1