Teapot

Esports Arena: Halo CE, Shadowrun, TF2 Tournament 1/21-1/22

paging doctor @@Missingno

I could do that, I do have nade tricks on a good portion of the new maps although I don't often use them.  I remember back in 09 I had nade tricks in Exhibit to knock rockets into sniper window and also to camo.  They were kinda hard though.  I think some of them are in a 1.5 video I did 5 or so years ago.  

Also @@stunt_man, I've done what you're saying for a good portion of the new maps, I have map walkthroughs and 2v2 commentary for a lot of them.  I probably have more playtime on the new maps than anyone, been playing most of them regularly since 08/09.  I need to do updated videos though, I know them a lot better than I did years ago.  Honestly though, you really can't get a feel for a map until you play it, even knowing everything about it, in my opinion.

I'd love to see Outbound on Halospawns, just to clarify some things I'm wondering.

• Upvote (+1) 3

shadowrun-20070530061508242-2007572.jpg

Shadowrun seems perfect for a Weedmaps.com Sponsorship!!!!!

Interesting old post:

Sage - Shadowrun combat its less about perfect aiming, and more about superior position. You choose when you enter and when you leave combat. It is a constant chess match to maneuver into situations where you have the advantage. In Halo 2, you win the fight, or you die. Halo 2 is all about your aiming skill, and it’s difficult to disengage once a fight starts.

Bill – Halo 2's multiplayer was very focused on 'fair competition'--visible player skill levels, had to play new opponents after every match ended, etc. Shadowrun's multiplayer is more focused on social play--you can play with the same opponents after the match is over, no visible skill (although we still matchmake according to player skill) and strong team work is required to win. And of course, we stole Halo 2's party system, 'cause it rules.

This game..... Seems very interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This game..... Seems very interesting.

interesting is almost an understatement haha.. The game is super deep and super rich. The difference between pubs is night and day, similar to team arena vs warzone in H5. In public matches in SR people use some of the under utilized skills, like strangle, minions, and gliders.

Anyone attending or interested in going to the esportsarena should sign up for this Discord. It's a server where I will post information for the LAN in addition to here. https://discord.gg/YKyK9fU

@@Phade

@@Teapot

@@CodyDragon

A lot of the H1 guys who are considering coming from outside of California would like more details for halo 1. Can we add an official registration thing and more details to the eSports page? Will the tourney be double elimination? What maps will be played at each round? How many games is each round out of? Things like that would be great to include on the eSports page or some central page like a Facebook event page (which I can make if that helps).

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Phade

@@Teapot

@@CodyDragon

A lot of the H1 guys who are considering coming from outside of California would like more details for halo 1. Can we add an official registration thing and more details to the eSports page? Will the tourney be double elimination? What maps will be played at each round? How many games is each round out of? Things like that would be great to include on the eSports page or some central page like a Facebook event page (which I can make if that helps).

Same goes for the Shadowrun players. The more info the better and we could benefit from a number of things.

• Get team passes online and let people purchase them and register somewhere on the website.
  • Allow players to register as Free Agents.
  • Get the Matcherino Prize Pool Donation link up ASAP.
  • Reserve the Hotel Block and advertise it.
  • Post the game rules/settings, as well as the maps/gametypes for each round.
  • General information regarding Double Elimination, Bo3/Bo5

I think a facebook page is a good idea. I'll have a lot of information organized in the discord, such as resources for each game and event info but if the high majority of people are on facebook then we need to reach them asap. Sounds like people have held off on purchasing plane tickets until some of this gets sorted out but prices will continue to rise and might be too expensive for players to swing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes please all of the above man. Need a heads up.. you give us all this I'm 100% will be better turn out. And if someone knows please tell me when the heck the 5.5 beach LAN is.. I don't see it anywhere.

Yes please all of the above man. Need a heads up.. you give us all this I'm 100% will be better turn out. And if someone knows please tell me when the heck the 5.5 beach LAN is.. I don't see it anywhere.

Dec 10 - 17

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ugh.  First time getting on TB in months and I see this thread, kills me.  

CE and SR are my two favorite games of all time.  Wish this had gone down when I still had any sort of urge to play video games competitively.

Ugh.  First time getting on TB in months and I see this thread, kills me.  

CE and SR are my two favorite games of all time.  Wish this had gone down when I still had any sort of urge to play video games competitively.

I really hope you can attend this. I'm 100% going and honestly it's not cause of the tournament which is an awesome bonus. It's just the ability to play this on LAN again with some skilled players is well worth the price for me to attend.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They gonna post anymore info or what? Coming from Miami for this so don't want any loose holes lol

Believe me I absolutely understand. Will try to reach out to Wade again and see if theres any updates.

Big props to @B-Fir3 who provided me with two pictures we could use for the event. I like them both, which do you guys like? I think the first looks nicer, but the second would probably look better on their page since it has some info and their logo.

eAGyzdQ.jpg

PH3fxIV.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

God I wish I could go to this.

Wish you could too man, there's no way I can help right? You just weren't able to get your leave approved?

@@Teapot

I really love the first one as well. Have you ever thought about just making it larger and making like a combination of the two? I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, I'm not a Photoshop Guru by any means. Love what you're doing here and just thought I'd throw an idea out for B-Fir3 if he likes the concept.

Maybe something like:

INjnroh.png

or

kD9JMfm.png

Regardless of what logo/direction you choose to go, I hope this event turns out great for you man!

Wish you could too man, there's no way I can help right? You just weren't able to get your leave approved?

I basically needed to choose between this and 5.5, and I want to honor my word with those guys.  It's still possible that I could go to this, but my new unit would probably resent me taking leave twice inside of 2 months of being here.  My 5.5 leave isn't even a guarantee yet. I'm doing my leave form with my squad leader today after lunch, so hopefully I'll know soon. He seems confident it'll get approved though.

Edit: My drive to go to this would definitely spike if I had the opportunity to cast some of it.

@@Hard Way Gotcha that makes complete sense. No idea who is going to commentate these events but if you were going I know I'd have no worries. Good luck with getting 5.5 approved! 

I appreciate the support @-Deucy- I will pass that along to B-Fir3, and many have told me they prefer the 2nd picture, especially the Shadowrun guys. I'm not sure if he was trying to limit the size incase esportsarena decided to use one of his pics, which I hope they do.

Heres what it would look like on their site.

1x5Oi4U.png

and 

mvuWSry.png

Ah, completely understand! That makes a lot more sense in that context. More options never hurt, figured I'd just throw the idea out there!

I personally like how the second hexagon image looks because of how the three titles are aligned. If you really look at it for a second, it kind of looks like a 3D cube lol. Looks pretty clean either way though!