Teapot

Esports Arena: Halo CE, Shadowrun, TF2 Tournament 1/21-1/22

Ah, completely understand! That makes a lot more sense in that context. More options never hurt, figured I'd just throw the idea out there!

If we could resize your pic so it would fit I think I would prefer that the most. If you have any more ideas regarding anything please let me know! Always appreciate anyway we can make this event better.

@@Hard Way - I think you made an edit after I made my post. I was contacted by someone from EsportsArena inquiring who I knew that could commentate these games so I know they are definitely looking. I can ask and confirm it for sure but it sounded like they have TF2 covered, and no idea for CE and SR.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If we could resize your pic so it would fit I think I would prefer that the most. If you have any more ideas regarding anything please let me know! Always appreciate anyway we can make this event better.

@@Hard Way - I think you made an edit after I made my post. I was contacted by someone from EsportsArena inquiring who I knew that could commentate these games so I know they are definitely looking. I can ask and confirm it for sure but it sounded like they have TF2 covered, and no idea for CE and SR.

That's excellent news. TF2 is by far what I'm least experienced in, so that's a relief. But I'm confident I can cast CE and Shadowrun. I haven't played SR in a long time and haven't seen much high level gameplay, but I played the shit out of it in 06-07 until Halo 3 came out, so I would at least have a baseline understanding for what I'm watching and I could communicate that.

I understand that my circumstances make me far from ideal, as I can't guarantee that I can make it out there with any degree of reasonable notice, but if I can, I think I could supplement the stream nicely.  But it would be in the TO's best interest to first get someone that can commit from farther out.

Ah, completely understand! That makes a lot more sense in that context. More options never hurt, figured I'd just throw the idea out there!

I personally like how the second hexagon image looks because of how the three titles are aligned. If you really look at it for a second, it kind of looks like a 3D cube lol. Looks pretty clean either way though!

:) Yep, the 3D cube was my intention. I also prefer that one, although they both work pretty well. And yes, they were both designed with that hex shape in mind from the esportsarena website.

I see the discussion about commentary, and how esportsarena may be looking for people who could cast halo/shadowrun. I don't know how serious they are about it or if they are allocating a budget to that (I doubt it lol), but that would be a dream for me and I know both games extensively and think I could do a good job - especially alongside Hard Way!

• Upvote (+1) 2

:) Yep, the 3D cube was my intention. I also prefer that one, although they both work pretty well. And yes, they were both designed with that hex shape in mind from the esportsarena website.

I see the discussion about commentary, and how esportsarena may be looking for people who could cast halo/shadowrun. I don't know how serious they are about it or if they are allocating a budget to that (I doubt it lol), but that would be a dream for me and I know both games extensively and think I could do a good job - especially alongside Hard Way!

They look sweet man! And like I said, was just throwing out an extra concept in the event it may spark an idea because it seems like  you guys were kind of stuck on which one. Great work on the images regardless.

Two updates: 1) developer attendance 2) hotel information + small update on passes etc.

1) I have been in contact with both Hardy Lebel and Mitch Gitelman. Hardy is the brains behind Halo CE's multiplayer decisions, where as Mitch Gitleman is the lead developer from FASA Studios that worked on Shadowrun and plenty of other amazing games. (Mech Assault/Warrior, Crimson Skies) Mitch will be there Saturday to check out the tournament and chat with fans. Hardy is trying to see if he can make arrangements to attend as well. Mitch is more or less confirmed where Hardy is very interested but depends on his schedule. If both developers do attend, there most likely won't be any panel discussion or Q/A planned out. Instead, people will just be able to casually ask questions and do a bit of meet and greet. Personally, I'm excited to have the opportunity to show these developers just how much their games have evolved over the past decade.

2) Samiface, who is part of the Team Fortress 2 Community and a new hire at EsportsArena who has been incredibly helpful with finalizing the details for this event. Although she was only appointed to this event in the last week or so, she's been hard at work with this being slightly over a month away.

Signups

Team signups for all tournaments will open next week, keep an eye out for an official announcement from Esports Arena! If you purchase a tournament entry, you will receive LAN access for the weekend, including Friday the 20th (PCs are first come).

Crowdfunding

“But where do I put my money?” you may be asking yourselves. You can support the event by purchasing Esports Arena offerings (like a studio tour, for example), or donating money directly to the prize pool, all through YouStake.com. YouStake has offered to donate $1 to the prize pool of the specific campaign for each donation/offering purchased under that campaign. This will go live with registration.

Hotel

We’ve decided to make our home for the weekend at La Quinta Inn Santa Ana! They offer a free airport shuttle from SNA John Wayne Airport (ask hotel for details).

Hotel Address:
1515 South Coast Drive / phone: (714) 957-5841

Below is a summary of your group:
Between: 1/19/2017
And: 1/23/2017
      Guest Room Rates:
      Standard Room with 2 Double Beds: $85 per room, per night, plus tax

Reservation method: Please contact the Group Desk at 1-800-642-4239, Option 1 and ask for the special rate for “Rewind”. Reservations must be made no later than 12/29/2016 in order to guarantee this special rate.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I am actually considering going.

Which game are you more interested in playing? Or would you play both CE and SR?

Hit me up if you need a teammate, I also live about 20 mins away, if anyone needs a ride, let me know.

I can try to organize a F/A list closer to the event once more people commit.

Shadowrun's prize pool has increased by $250 bringing the pool from $500 to $750.

Here is an update on the Hotels. There was an issue originally with the first Hotel Block at La Quinta.

"To book in our block, call 1-800-642-4239, Option 1. Ask for Orange County - Santa Ana, 2721 Hotel Terrace location. The special rate is still under Rewind.

Hotel Address:
2721 Hotel Terrace / phone: (714) 540-1111

Arrival Date: 1/19/2017
Departure Date: 1/23/2017
Guest Room Rates:

• Standard Room with 2 Beds:$99 per room, per night, plus tax (room comes with microwave and mini fridge)
  • Standard King Room w/ sleeper sofa: $99 per room, per night, plus tax (no microwave or mini fridge)

Reservations must be made no later than 12/29/2016 in order to guarantee this special rate.

Here's what happened.

The original hotel given to us by La Quinta was in Costa Mesa. IF YOU BOOKED AT THIS ADDRESS IN COSTA MESA, TRANSFER YOUR RESERVATION-
1515 S Coast Dr, Costa Mesa, CA 92626

As soon as I found out, I asked them to move it to the correct location we had originally requested (in Santa Ana, closer to the venue) the price went up to $99/night. Someone noticed this price is actually higher than the handicapped ADA rooms they're offering on their website, so I asked them to clarify why our group rate was higher than their own rate. Evidently we blocked all their regular rooms with our group rate, and the ADA ones are actually cheaper than the regular rooms, so $99 is the rate we get. We have up to 25 rooms at this location blocked off to book until the new year (well, 24, I just booked one). She also told me some people have already tried to book the rate and it didn't work, but it will work now. If you want to take the cheaper rate, you can do that, it doesn't hurt anything.

To book in our block, call 1-800-642-4239, Option 1. Ask for Orange County - Santa Ana, 2721 Hotel Terrace location. The special rate is still under Rewind."

i plan on being there, do i have to sign up on youstake? place is giving me trouble?

Yes, you need to register on youstake. You cannot sign up as a free agent so you are required to put your partners info there too. If you aren't sure yet, you can make a fake name but need a valid e-mail address.

1) Create an account on youstake.com

2) Go to your profile and create a new team

3) You are now team manager. Add yourself and your partner to the team

4) Go to event registration and find the Halo CE 2v2. Click and open it

5) Register for the event, Select the team you made, Select the players on the team to register.

6) Pay via credit card. 

I am actually considering going.

Do you live close by? Would you play both games?

Hit me up if you need a teammate, I also live about 20 mins away, if anyone needs a ride, let me know.

You end up getting in contact with relo yet?

I'm lazy right now so I don't feel like looking.. is it Split screen for halo CE?

I mean I would have to assume so. It's pretty much the expected way to play, and it's easier for tournament organizers. And if they're doing NHE for H1 then they don't have a choice but to splitscreen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do we have a map list for each round yet? 

Most likely just using the BL5 format with Downrush as a map that can be vetoed.

Most likely just using the BL5 format with Downrush as a map that can be vetoed.

Is BC going to be included?

If this is the same weekend as the HWC qualifier then I am guessing 2gre can't go, which is a shame. I was looking forward to watching him play again. (Actually saw that his team isn't going St. Louis, here's to hoping that the rumor he is teaming with Legend is true.)

Lots of Halo 1 lans going on this year already.

2 live lans right now:

twitch.tv/vabeachlan - Virginia Lan

twitch.tv/beachlan - Ohio Lan

And of course the Esports Arena Lan next weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 3