Teapot

Esports Arena: Halo CE, Shadowrun, TF2 Tournament 1/21-1/22

Awesome, really excited to see some SR being played at a high level again! Its been too long. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shadowrun was absolutely a game a head of it's time. When it was on the circuit there were more active players but they were playing a game that was not even close to being figured out. Hopefully with this event we can showcase how much the game had changed since the 07 circuit.

Super excited for the lan, especially Shadowrun since I dont think a legit LAN has happened in a long time. Gonna be definitely watching this

Let's pump up true competitive shooters and dump the trash that is Halo 5.

I mean I dont see the problem of supporting both games or liking both games. No need for a us vs them mentality
  • Upvote (+1) 2

If anything, Halo 5 players might enjoy checking out Shadowrun or Halo fans in general will be able to see what ideas and elements were taken from the Shadowrun FPS and incorporated into Halo.

I see Tf2?? If I was out there I'd def come for that. CE is great but I never played on console only PC and I'm bad with controllers :P 

Be super fun to watch thou. 

If anything, Halo 5 players might enjoy checking out Shadowrun or Halo fans in general will be able to see what ideas and elements were taken from the Shadowrun FPS and incorporated into Halo.

Agreed. A lot of my local players back when Reach was active LOVED Shadowrun. They always wanted to LAN the game and really appreciated the game. A lot of Halo players like Shadowrun (at least the ones I talked to). Haven't heard anyone bad mouth SR at all from my time in the halo scene. Games generally looked at very positively

I will absolutely try to head down to spectate, it's about an hour and a half drive for me.  I wish I had more experience lanning h1.  

Is there any way to learn shadowrun these days?  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will absolutely try to head down to spectate, it's about an hour and a half drive for me. I wish I had more experience lanning h1.

Theres a discord for Shadowrun here and some players in the community can help you out I would think

https://discord.gg/B4PdYnD

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will absolutely try to head down to spectate, it's about an hour and a half drive for me.  I wish I had more experience lanning h1.  

I could help you out with both but for shadowrun either join the discord or send me a F/R on Xbox. There'd be plenty of people willing to help you out both online and at the event.

When exactly is the Beach LAN in December? I looked and couldn't find any posts about it

Theres no information yet for this publicly. I'll most likely make a thread on it here but idk if I'll attend due to this event. I know BL5.5 has less players attending since its invite only but if I remember the list correctly it's all top tier players.

edit: december 10th-17th i believe

I could help you out with both but for shadowrun either join the discord or send me a F/R on Xbox. There'd be plenty of people willing to help you out both online and at the event.

Theres no information yet for this publicly. I'll most likely make a thread on it here but idk if I'll attend due to this event. I know BL5.5 has less players attending since its invite only but if I remember the list correctly it's all top tier players.

edit: december 10th-17th i believe

Thanks for the info.  I live in Alabama so it's pretty close for me.  I would've tried to go to the one in August but I didn't find out about Team Beyond or Beach LAN until just here recently.  Hopefully I can practice up and make it next year.  I doubt I'll be very competitive since I've only ever played with the few people I know around here but it'd be nice just to play with different people.

This is really exciting. I'm wondering if @@CodyDragon knows about this or will be involved.

He does, and he will be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

shadowrun-20070530061508242-2007572.jpg

Shadowrun seems perfect for a Weedmaps.com Sponsorship!!!!!

Interesting old post:

Sage - Shadowrun combat its less about perfect aiming, and more about superior position. You choose when you enter and when you leave combat. It is a constant chess match to maneuver into situations where you have the advantage. In Halo 2, you win the fight, or you die. Halo 2 is all about your aiming skill, and it’s difficult to disengage once a fight starts.

Bill – Halo 2's multiplayer was very focused on 'fair competition'--visible player skill levels, had to play new opponents after every match ended, etc. Shadowrun's multiplayer is more focused on social play--you can play with the same opponents after the match is over, no visible skill (although we still matchmake according to player skill) and strong team work is required to win. And of course, we stole Halo 2's party system, 'cause it rules.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is really exciting. I'm wondering if @@CodyDragon knows about this or will be involved.

Wish they could fly you in to cast CE lol. Your Beach LAN casting was pretty great.  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will look into getting a copy soon and try to take you up on that at some point.  I didn't know if there were any sort of population left.  I had friends that were into back when it came out, but I never played it.  The way people talk about it and the gameplay I've seen make me want to give it a shot.  I'd like to at least understand what I'm spectating in January.