Joseph

[POLL] HCS Pro Player Feedback #2

Reminds me of people not vetoing ARs on The Pit in H3 TS.

"But it's The Pit!!1!11!!!"

Then the game is decided within the first 30 seconds.

I was one of those kids. Fight me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was one of those kids. Fight me.

I'd rather play BRs on Orbital than ARs on The Pit.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hope this doesn't just generate more "discussion" and actual changes are made. Well done though, at least it's a start. Now 343 just needs to listen. It's funny they do all these email feedback surveys and have never really changed a thing in a year except make caster & hydra more powerful and added a brute rifle. Only change where shit is on the map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

www.halowaypoint.com

I think that's where you meant to post that.

Oh look someone doesn't have the same opinion like you! Let's disregard his opinion then!

• Upvote (+1) 2

No question about modifying instead of completely removing the radar? I think we should be looking at all options.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Oh look someone doesn't have the same opinion like you! Let's disregard his opinion then!

Well your name is OniZealot. I thought you were some lore kid from waypoint. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd rather play BRs on Orbital than ARs on The Pit.

I play everything. I don't care what it is I just love playing H3.

Sitting their snipe on The Pit with the sniper and sword when all they have are ARs. Perfection anyone?

• Upvote (+1) 1

No question about modifying instead of completely removing the radar? I think we should be looking at all options.

People have suggested that players only show up on radar if they use Spartan Abilities but that in itself presents issues such as confusing players as to why it works differently and discouraging usage of said Spartan Abilities which brings up the subject being why would you bother keeping them in.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Don't see a reason they can't have ESL Pro League, season finals, and MLG open events. 

Say what you want by I want ESL to stay and do pro league and MLG work with them to do HCS sanctioned LANs

The more open events the better and with the PGL and UGC doing their own open events I don't think an MLG event is out of the question. Just the question about "Which LAN Tournament Organizer would you prefer in the HCS" seems a bit odd when so many people are hosting events. I suppose it is just a question of preference. I actually don't see why MLG isn't already when others are? Perhaps preference, their relationship with 343 or a contract is preventing it?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The pistol becomes better against the AR but it still gets demolished at range vs rifles to the point that it can't even really fight back (ESPECIALLY against a Carbine).

That is the flippin point man, it's a PISTOL ! 

If you alter it to be as effective Rifles what is the point of them ?

With the current pistol, you can if skilful + lucky still challenge rifles but yeah they have the upper hand BECUASE they are rifles.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 15

Here's a question folks.

There's no question the Autos are incredibly strong, especially the SMG and storm rifle. But I wonder how much of this has to do with their use in combination with radar (crouch plays, prefiring, etc). I suspect that if radar were removed auto weapons would feel less OP simply because people would be less likely to default to them in certain situations without the hyper-awareness you get from radar.

I still think they could be tuned down a bit, but I'm just curious what you all think.

I think that's a great observation. In some situations good players just know when to switch to the AR. But I'd say there are also a ton of situations where players crouch with an AR out because of the radar advantage.

With the current pistol, you can if skilful + lucky still challenge rifles but yeah they have the upper hand BECUASE they are rifles.

No

• Upvote (+1) 7

@@Saucey Is there anyway to get pros (like as many as this poll had) to state their thoughts on how 343s handled supporting the hcs since release/taking their feedback into account. I know a handful have posted on TB over the past 6 months or so?. It essentially came down to "they don't listen to us unless it suites them" and "we dont know wtf their thought process is on a number of things, it baffles us" "they do as they please" and "we're constantly fighting them from keeping even shittier stuff from entering the settings".

I think it'd be great to put that up with this poll/threads (and see if their thoughts still reflect that way) on reddit/waypoint. I've actually been combing through their posts the past few days here and there trying to find them all and compile them all, but honestly I put it on the back burner (some of these pros man..they just post too damn much :kappa: ). It probably would've been a good thing to drop at the same time as this poll.....unfortunate. My b.

gameplay > immersion/lore/realism

• Upvote (+1) 3

If they remove radar but keep sprint in, sprint will be obnoxious with everyone running around at full speed at all times. Sprint being removed is very very unlikely. Maybe that's why radar still has a bit of support.

(I'm anti-radar)

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they remove radar but keep sprint in, sprint will be obnoxious with everyone running around at full speed at all times. Sprint being removed is very very unlikely. Maybe that's why radar still has a bit of support.

(I'm anti-radar)

We didn't add radar in the first year of reach though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

gameplay > immersion/lore/realism

I mean they could solve both problems by either removing the pistol entirely, or if you want to keep it in and have it be useful in some way, by making it a short range but powerful weapon that is a map pickup. Like you could make it as powerful and difficult to wield as the OG CE pistol (i'm talking pros need to usually empty over half a clip just to get a kill in order to make it a situational but excitingly skilled weapon that extremely good players could get reversals with) but make its range something like 20 feet with no scope on it. And have the DMR be your new utility and lower its bullet magnetism.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1