Joseph

[POLL] HCS Pro Player Feedback #2

I agree with all of this.

Please work with MLG, 343.

Could something similar to TLN be a possibility, MLG running a weekend LAN for Pro teams only. Or turn the Online Pro League to LAN?

Great to see actual data/feedback from the pros.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I chose to vote with my wallet and not purchase Halo 5, the only Halo game I have not bought.

I really think the game is just too far gone to salvage, especially with all the mechanics and gimmicks they put into it.

I have a blast sticking with the Hardcore playlist in the MCC.  I don't think there's any reason for me to even try Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know about fov differences. I'm a CE player and PC gamer that pumps up my fov to 120.

However the FOV has nothing to do with the base movement speed which is what you called trash. The movement speed was fine, map stretching is another concern I can't speak to but I'd say a lot of maps need to be bigger to accommodate 4v4.

The maps in Reach were huge, and you couldn't sprint for longer than 10 seconds it was even dumber. Also, I SWEAR the strafe speed or acceleration was slower then H2 or even H5.

Honestly if I had my way, every Halo would have Halo Reach MLGs movement speed......

• Upvote (+1) 1

Clearly if it wasn't for this well put constructive criticism thread, 343i wouldn't have ever known what most of us wanted for this game with only 1 year of forum posts repeting the same things over and over again...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Clearly if it wasn't for this well put constructive criticism thread, 343i wouldn't have ever known what most of us wanted for this game with only 1 year of forum posts repeting the same things over and over again...

I mean we, along with the casual community have been asking for party restrictions since Reach and we still don't have them nearly 6 years later. So who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The results to these questions are great. Finally, organized in place for everyone to see. However, lets be honest here, we pretty much knew the results to these questions before they were "officially announced".

I think the real question that needs to be answered, "Is anything going to be done based off the answers?".

I have been pretty underwhelmed in the responses to the pro/casual halo community.

Unrelated, but does anyone know what Optic's callout for U-turn is on plaza? It sounds like they say "close" or something like that.

Edit: Woops wrong thread. Idk how to delete this. 

The maps in Reach were huge, and you couldn't sprint for longer than 10 seconds it was even dumber. Also, I SWEAR the strafe speed or acceleration was slower then H2 or even H5.

Honestly if I had my way, every Halo would have Halo Reach MLGs movement speed......

Halo 2 and Halo 5 have fastest strafes in the series, so...

Reach also had the slowest.

Have we gotten any type of 343 response so far? 

No.

• Upvote (+1) 1

?

In my experience it was at least as fast as H2. At least v7 was.

Are you sure? I felt like v7 MLG had at least the fastest acceleration. But H5 is fast enough.

?

Are you sure? I felt like v7 MLG had at least the fastest acceleration. But H5 is fast enough.

We should really have a FAQ/Halo 101 type of thread that have the answer to things like this (and more).

What lol the slowest, easily. Fast base movement sure, the accel was the same as vanilla reach, that wasn't even an option to tweak. If anything v7 strafe was worse because higher speed with vanilla accel means a lot of ice skating. Reach just edges out Halo 3 for worst strafe.

?

Not even close.

I'm most excited about the radar response.

Pros hate the radar being there in the first place, casuals hate it because it's only 18M.

343, you're pleasing not a single demographic of players with the current radar settings. Do something about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man. Waypoint sure is loads of fun.

"I honestly don't think the competitve players are being ignored on any level, I mean look at the people who wanted the falcon for memories of reach, ignored, look at the people who wanted ODST/Reach styled firefight to be brought back to Halo 5, ignored. Honestly the only part of the community that isn't ignored ARE the competitive players, in fact the only reason why there aren't any no radar playlists is to keep the ever shrinking casual community around."

I'm all for every community getting what they want, but these kind of comments look like this to me:

"I cant believe these people are asking for a setting to be turned from on to off on a playlist I never player.. WE simply asked for a new vehicle to be made from the ground up, and what did we get? NOTHING (except for a similar vehicle.). THEN all we asked for was a gamemode that Halo 5 just doesn't have infrastructure for, and what did we get? NOTHING (except for a PvE mode to try and appease people that were hoping for firefight)"

I don't have any problem with people wanting things like the falcon or firefight, but it's laughable to think that the competitive community is being catered to so much that these features aren't happening.

He's wrong about the Esports community getting attention from 343, but-

WAY MORE casually minded players use the Team Arena playlist than Esports minded folks.

Several orders of magnitude more. The idea that they are complaining about potential changes go a playlist they don't use is categorically false. Team Arena is the second most populated arena playlist- and that is NOT because of the competitive community.

Why do some people on Halo Waypoint object to even a new playlist with different settings? How would that affect them? It sounds like little kids "She got a toy, where's mine".

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why do some people on Halo Waypoint object to even a new playlist with different settings? How would that affect them? It sounds like little kids "She got a toy, where's mine".

That's pretty much it for some people. "I dont have team snipers yet, thats way more important".   

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was in a spartan company that just sent a message to all members to go to the sprint thread and argue for why sprint belongs in Halo.  to stop the crazies from taking over!  I left that post-haste, mostly out of principle.  Any room in the TB one?

• Upvote (+1) 2

What lol the slowest, easily. Fast base movement sure, the accel was the same as vanilla reach, that wasn't even an option to tweak. If anything v7 strafe was worse because higher speed with vanilla accel means a lot of ice skating. Reach just edges out Halo 3 for worst strafe.

Well cool I guess. I like H5s base movement so it works for me.