Sign in to follow this  
Niku

For the sake of argument: Halo: 4 better than Halo: 5

I'd like to see what beyond thinks of this statement.

Come up with an argument either for or against the statement in the title. I personally believe Halo 4 is better but I wanna see what you guys say and what your reasoning is. You can talk about anything from Out of box settings, competitive settings, UI or just general enjoyment of the game doesn't matter, even campaign.

I want some unbiased discussion on this.

H4 bored the life out of me. Only halo i haven't done the campaign on. Didn't like the online either.

I'd Rather play H5 out the 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it's pretty close. As an whole package H4 probably gets the nod simply due to how unbelievably bad the H5 campaign was.

Speaking strictly MP wise i'd give the nod to H5, but not by a whole lot. H4 at launch was really, really bad but as time went on it did get better. If you play H4 on the MCC now and get the gametype without AAs I'd probably give that a slight edge over H5 gameplay.

H5 has this strange feel where you can get around the maps so fast but when you actually stop to shoot someone it feels so slow. It also suffers immensely from the ridiculously OP autos and the frustratingly horrid aiming.

All in all, neither game is all that great. Both still edge out Reach and avoid the title of worst Halo game of all time though.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think it's pretty close. As an whole package H4 probably gets the nod simply due to how unbelievably bad the H5 campaign was.

Speaking strictly MP wise i'd give the nod to H5, but not by a whole lot. H4 at launch was really, really bad but as time went on it did get better. If you play H4 on the MCC now and get the gametype without AAs I'd probably give that a slight edge over H5 gameplay.

H5 has this strange feel where you can get around the maps so fast but when you actually stop to shoot someone it feels so slow. It also suffers immensely from the ridiculously OP autos and the frustratingly horrid aiming.

All in all, neither game is all that great. Both still edge out Reach and avoid the title of worst Halo game of all time though.

You really think Reach is worse than H4 and H5?

Honestly I enjoyed the hardlight shield

It was a nice tool for custom games.

You really think Reach is worse than H4 and H5?

Yeah Reach NBNS was brilliant. Well relatively brilliant compared to what came before and after. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

flinch in a halo game.

Yes, a lot of stupid shit happened....

...but flinch.....

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5 has better core gameplay.  There's no class based abilities, less sell-out shit like perks, the guns are actually potent this time around, the sandbox was re-designed to be slightly less redundant, powerups are back.  If it weren't for the poor aiming and shit like Spartan Charge I'd consider it a straight upgrade in that area.

Halo 5's forge is unarguably the best in the franchise.

They both have mediocre Campaigns, Music, and Artwork as far as I'm concerned.  But I guess Halo 4 has the edge in that area?  I mean at least Halo 4 doesn't have meme skins, or basically ignore everything significant from the previous game with its story arc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 4 BTB was better.

Halo 4 Extraction was nice.

Halo 4 had Social playlists so playing 4v4 or 5v5 a lone wasn't a chore.

There where no shitty microtransactions and no Warzone.

You could start with a decent utility weapon (DMR, BR)

There you go that's what was better in H4. Mechanically and in a lot of other aspects H5 is much better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 4 BTB was better.

Halo 4 Extraction was nice.

Halo 4 had Social playlists so playing 4v4 or 5v5 a lone wasn't a chore.

There where no shitty microtransactions and no Warzone.

You could start with a decent utility weapon (DMR, BR)

There you go that's what was better in H4. Mechanically and in a lot of other aspects H5 is much better.

don't forget split screen

• Upvote (+1) 3

Extraction was nice and the sheer amount of armor customization options were welcomed. Aside from that, you didn't get descoped, you didn't drop grenades when you died, and you couldn't drop the flag.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They are both equally terrible in my book. The choice mostly depends on what you value more as a gamer :

• A multiplayer than isn't completely broken and random or
  • a campaign that doesn't make you cry by shitting all over the established legacy

Halo 5 also loses points because of the shitty servers plus the absence of split screen and the aiming. The mechanics are way above and beyond H4 but that really doesn't mean much if players can't even shoot at each other in a consistent manner.

Why compare two giant turds? We're just splitting hairs here. I'd choose to play H5 over H4 tho.

Halo 4 made me a Banshee whore.

But I am ok now.

doesnt even come close to Reach's banshee