Harville2

Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul Discussion

Once Gus died.

No, he was in it "for his family" to make 737k, then get out. The second he kept going (cooking for Gus) he was doing it for his own purposes.

2 things I would of fixed

1. Wish Walt and Jessie could of had a "moment" or goodbye. He just kind of left

2. Wish Walt would of died on his terms, not by accidentally getting shot.

1. "The nod from Walt to Jesse" was their moment, also Jesse not killing him.

2. That was his terms though don't you see? His plan leading up to the epsiode was go out and bring down the people who took Hank with him. Freeing Jesse was bonus.

I thought he was gonna cook one more time and then he would keel over, then they cut to a purity reading and it saying 99.9% or someshit. would have been epic. still a great ending.

I thought he was going to cook as well.

Still, a perfect, beautiful ending nonetheless. From the music to the acting itself. Everything molded very well.

I hope Jesse gets to raise brock :(

Yeah, poor Brock. He is probably with child protective services and will probably end up in a foster home. There is no way they would allow Jesse to adopt him given his prior history.

Yeah, poor Brock. He is probably with child protective services and will probably end up in a foster home. There is no way they would allow Jesse to adopt him given his prior history.

No he will end up with his grandma.

That ending was a huge disappointment.  I've watched this series since it first premiered and for every season this show was unexpected and pushing the boundaries.  To kill off Walter instead of making him disappear and become a "fairytale" in what he loves to do was the worst decision Vince Gilligan has done.  This finale was bland, boring and predictable.  

Sorry, but Heisenberg was still alive within Walter White and in no way should he have been killed.  Even having Walter White tell Lydia that he poisoned her with Ricin was the not what Heisenberg would have done, especially when Ricin takes 36+ hours to kill someone.

Have to agree, by looking at the clues throught season 5 (realising walt takes on the habits of the people he's killed- opening up s05 with walt spelling out his age with bacon like skyler does- you get the feeling that the finale was going to go very dark and walt was going to kill skyler and loads of other people, finalising his transformation into heisenberg(sp-don't care)-). Instead, it seemed to bail from what would have been an amazing and brave ending to a superb series (not counting s05 part 1 cos that was dogshit) into an extremly typical, predictable and rushed ending. I didn't mind that it was obviously from the last two episodes that things would end on a lighter note and walt would be the hero by the end of it all, fair enough- but from lasts weeks episode I was immediately worried..

Not enough happened in it, and it is the cause this episode was sort of poor- it ended up making the ending very rushed and plain silly in parts. Like jack and the Nazis wouldn't check the trunk of the car of a man who's infamous for having planted a bomb on an old man in a wheelchair just to kill one of his enemies- they knew he was terminally ill (well not sure about that, but I imagine from seeing Jesses tape, that would have been mentioned somewhere)- surely it may have crossed their minds that he wouldn't mind blowing the shit out of himself for revenge or whatever. Point being- for them to not check the trunk was not stupid- but just plain conveniant. Walt parks the car sideways so the swing machine gun can shoot inside the building, how conveniant they brought him inside, could of shot him outside, could have brought him down to jessie prison etc. etc. How conveniant that Jack would get annoyed at Walt mentioning that he partners with Jessie (extremely lame tacky dialogue to just push the next scene) and bring him inside, cringe worthy.

I hate to be a debbie downer, but I'm sure there will be many others who feel this way about the ending, it is probably good that this is so however so that with Vinces next show or whatever project he goes on to do he will learn from it. The ending was flat, it didn't deserve to be flat, however obviously the show as a whole was brilliant (bar that dub step scene- sweet jesus)...

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Breaking Bad was 62 episodes. The 62nd element on the periodic table is samarium. Samarium is used 2 treat lung cancer. Every little detail."

Found this on Twitter. At times there aren't even words to describe how great this show is. I pray that Vince Gilligan does another show at some point in his lifetime.

I didn't think that ending was happy at all. I think it was predictable and clean and really really lucky but isn't everything Walt does really lucky?

I didn't really want some huge twist. The ending was pretty good in my books. What would you guys have done to the ending to make it not "bland"? 

Just like Bryan Cranston said, it was unapologetic. I wouldn't have changed a thing I enjoyed it. Out of everything that Breaking Bad has ever done I was sensing something crazier but it was a great ending either way.

That ending was a huge disappointment.  I've watched this series since it first premiered and for every season this show was unexpected and pushing the boundaries.  To kill off Walter instead of making him disappear and become a "fairytale" in what he loves to do was the worst decision Vince Gilligan has done.

This is such a dumb post.......like wow...

How does making Walt become some sort of fairytale fit in with the themes of the show at all? How would that possibly be the logical next step in the evolution/conclusion of the story. I can't get over how dumb that statement is

How conveniant that Jack would get annoyed at Walt mentioning that he partners with Jessie

How is using another person's ego against them "convenient"? Walt knew/strongly assumed that he would bite, so he just baited him into the situation.

Vince Gilligan said last night, this show was about the death of Walter White. Can't have any other ending than the death of Walter White if thats the case.

BTW was it just me or did the song in the promo they played before the finale give anyone else chills? "what would you do, if it all came back to you"

I posted a link to it last week.

I posted a link to it last week.

My bad, went away for work for two weeks and they didnt have free wifi, not only did I have to pay for wifi but had to pay for it on separate devices, so I chose to pay for it on my phone so I wouldnt go over my data limit. All of that to say I haven't been on the forums in two weeks and didnt manage to peruse through the other pages. 

convenient 

I hate when people complain about this. You could say that about everything in this or any show.

- How on the first time going out with Hank he see's Jesse

- How he has a brother in law in the DEA 

- How Hank showed up just in time to stop Jesse from burning down the house

- etc

Thought the ending was great. I like how it was straightforward and didnt leave any loose ends. Walt finally does something unselfish, Jesse finally stops listening to Walt, Marie gets closure, Skylar is finally free from all of Walters decisions. Just great.