Harville2

Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul Discussion

Breaking Bad is a show about the death of Walter White. Him not dying defeats the point.

• Upvote (+1) 3

He left the watch because he knew he would die soon.

At least that's what Vince Gilligan said on the after show.

Also there's no antidote for ricin so it doesn't matter if Walt told Lydia or not.

Actually since she consumed Ricin, Ricin itself does not spread throughout the whole body like it does if it was injected.  I think I've read were full recoveries are made from just ingesting Ricin since it is just kept in your stomach and intestines.  

Yes, full recoveries have been made from digesting Ricin.  Inhaling or Injecting Ricin is a different story though, since it is not restricted only to your stomach and intestines. 

At what point do you guys think Walt stopped doing this for his family and started doing it for him self?

At what point do you guys think Walt stopped doing this for his family and started doing it for him self?

Once Gus died.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Meh

There's always one.

In all seriousness, this finale was perfect for the show. Even if some say they were being "predictable" for some of it. (M60 for Nazi's, Ricin for Lydia) There was no other way for it to end. 

It was truly satisfying for me. Jesse was free. His family will get the money. Hank and Gomie's body can be found for closure. Fantastic episode and my all-time favorite series. And I watch an unhealthy amount of television so it's a pretty big deal. 

I liked the way it ended, but the episode as a whole was pretty average. Still a great episode in TV terms, but average in BB terms. The tone of this season felt really different from the 1st 4. Not having regular Jessie, Saul's dialogue, and the other things made this whole season pretty dark which was fine. Overall, this season definitely sprinted towards the finish line, but it definitely slowed down after the Climax episode in Ozymandias.

2 things I would of fixed

1. Wish Walt and Jessie could of had a "moment" or goodbye. He just kind of left

2. Wish Walt would of died on his terms, not by accidentally getting shot.

I liked the way it ended, but the episode as a whole was pretty average. Still a great episode in TV terms, but average in BB terms. The tone of this season felt really different from the 1st 4. Not having regular Jessie, Saul's dialogue, and the other things made this whole season pretty dark which was fine. Overall, this season definitely sprinted towards the finish line, but it definitely slowed down after the Climax episode in Ozymandias.

Agree with both posts. The ending felt a bit rushed, but it was executed well. I wish there was a bit more unexpected moments or twists, but oh well.

The last 2 episodes took place over a longer period of time than the first 6. Vince said in a recent podcast that every season they feel like they have unlimited time, and soon realize they have to get moving. I felt like that's what happens in the final 2.

Also I just read something where this reviewer said Jessie was finally free. I understand from the nazis, but did anyone else feel like Walt had control over him? Couldn't Jessie walk away at anytime?

I thought he was gonna cook one more time and then he would keel over, then they cut to a purity reading and it saying 99.9% or someshit. would have been epic. still a great ending.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I thought he was gonna cook one more time and then he would keel over, then they cut to a purity reading and it saying 99.9% or someshit. would have been epic. still a great ending.

That would have been an amazing ending.

Only thing that was weird to me was that everything that he planned... Worked. His decisions in the past usually never go to plan. Seemed to tidy for this show.

Or he goes and sees what Jesse's last batch looked like and saw that it surpassed anything Walt has ever cooked. Student surpassing the master, him smiling then collapsing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Watching it a second time made me like it more. Still things id like to be put in but overall was good. At least its not as bad as the Dexter ending.