Harville2

Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul Discussion

Somethings definitely going to happen to not let Jesse burn the house down. And I feel like he goes and talks to Hank when he says "Mr. White is the devil." in the preview. 

What if Jesse sees the Lilly of the valley flower in Walts backyard!? 

Walt poisoned Brock with the flower, but Jesse doesn't know that.

Also I don't think Jesse burns down Walt's house because in the new episode preview you can still see the house intact.

Jesse knew it was not ricin right? cause the doctors confirm it was not ricin that made Brock ill but a flower.

IIRC:

Walt convinces Jesse that Gus had Brock poisoned to make it look like Walt did it so Jesse and Walt turn on each other.

However in the last episode Jesse figures out Walt was behind everything

Have people had any thoughts of the significance to the kid with the remote control car? It's seen in a few episodes. Doesn't he drive it into hanks foot as well and hank is in a car crash later? He was driving a red sports RC car in the first episode of the second half of this series and Walt jr drives that red mustang...

Or was it a yellow RC car? Anyways the car has changed I believe

I dont remember him getting rid of the flower, but I was gonna say earlier that I think Walt Jr comes out of his room or something and Jesse freaks and runs. But you beat me to it lol

Jesse knew it was not ricin right? cause the doctors confirm it was not ricin that made Brock ill but a flower.

Yes he knows it's not ricin, but I'm not 100% sure if he was told it was the flower.

It's been a while since I watched that particular season. The ricin Jesse originally had was supposed to be used on Gus.

Here's a explanation from reddit.

Watched this show countless times. Tonight's episode was so fucking perfect. Ignore the context placers if you don't need 'em. And skip what you don't need to read, but this is a full backstory... here's what happened:

Season 4

Walt needs Jesse on his side to get to Gus

Context: If you recall, Jesse is the one who tells Walt that Gus seems to have a big hatred for Hector "Tio" Salamanca, then Walt figured out how to plant the bomb on Tio, Gus died... etc etc

So Walt forms a scheme to get Jesse to distrust Gus.

Walt tells Saul to somehow extract the cigarette from Jesse. Thus Saul has Huell lift the ricin cigarette from Jesse's pocket (most likely by simply trading out the packs, dummy pack for the real one with the ricin).

Context: Originally Jesse was somewhat distrustful of Gus, Walt had hatched an earlier plan to have Jesse kill Gus with the ricin. But Jesse was befriended by Gus, and he eventually came to like the guy. Also, if you remember, Saul is frantic to get Jesse to his office, calling him over and over again. It was to get him in the office to get the cigarette off him.

Jesse now has a dummy pack of cigarettes. With this in mind, Walt now makes the moves to make Jesse distrust Gus. Walt takes his "Lilly of the Valley" extract and gives it to Jesse's girlfriend's young son Brock.

Context: Vince Gilligan, the show's creator, has stated several times that the writers have imagined Walt's delivery system as perhaps a doctored juice box or something of the like. Sneaking into Brock's school to place it in his lunch or even hand it to him would've been fairly rudimentary for a teacher.

"Lilly of the Valley" gives pneumonia-like symptoms that appear very severe (the same symptoms that ricin gives when killing someone). So Jesse thought that Brock was poisoned by the ricin. Jesse frantically searches in his cigarette pack only to find, ah! It's not there! (Huell took it!)

Jesse bursts into Walt's home, gun in hand demanding Walt to admit that he poisoned Brock with the now missing ricin. Important to note: Jesse says that Huell must have took it when he went to meet Saul. Jesse is no idiot, he was 100% right on his instincts. Walt claims ignorance, saying he has no reason to do so and he has no idea what Jesse is talking about (lying obviously). Through Walt's machinations, he convinces Jesse that it must have been Gus, who has hurt children before (Andrea's brother who shot Combo was killed by some of Gus' lower order thugs).

Jesse now doles out the details of Gus' hatred for Hector "Tio" Salamanca leading to Gus' eventual death via Walt's admittedly ingenious scheme.

At the end of season 4, the doctors at the hospital tell Jesse that Brock was not poisoned with ricin, but had consumed "Lilly of the Valley" berries in some shape or fashion. Jesse, taken aback, rationalizes with Walt that even though Gus didn't do it, he "had to go," although he is clearly still rattled.

Season 5A

Walt and Jesse go on a hunt for the missing ricin cigarette (although Walt knows exactly where it's at, and we're even shown Saul throwing the ricin cigarette back to Walt in a plastic bag, making a crack about Huell's "nimble sausage fingers"). Walt is just making a facade to make Jesse think the cigarette was simply misplaced. They "find" the ricin cigarette in Jesse's electronic vacuum (although it was Walt who placed it there).

Jesse breaks down in tears, realizing he almost killed Walt over this (as aforementioned when Jesse confronted him in season 4, saying he was the one who took the cigarette and poisoned Brock). Although in reality, the bastard did deserve it.

Season 5B

This episode! Jesse is ready to move on with his life, move to Alaska, and just leave ABQ. Saul tells Jesse he can't bring pot to the meet with his "guy." The guy won't be inclined to help a druggie disappear (sensible). Jesse defiantly and silently refuses to give up his stash. Saul leaves the room to get "money bags" and while he is out there he tells Huell to pinch Jesse's stash off him (rewatch the scene, you can actually see him snatch it from Jesse!).

Jesse is waiting at the stop, he searches his pockets, at first just simply realizing the pot isn't there. But he looks at his pack of cigarettes and realizes, holy shit, Huell took my pot just now... and they took the ricin just as I had originally thought. Walt has been bullshitting me ever since.

And that's where we're at! That's about as thorough as I can get off the top of my head.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Great explanation of the timeline, I got kinda confused but that cleared it all up. So Jesse originally thought that he took the Ricin, which he did... and then just kind of gave up the thought that he did, then he realized that it did happen when his drugs were taken the second time... so he had a deja vu I guess? This next episode is gonna be awesome!

#Imagine if Walt Jr comes out of his room and does something badass just like his dad would do? Comes out and pulls out a lighter and flicks it on, then stares at Jesse and says.....

And then Jesse just flips his lid and runs out

I'm soooo happy I decided to watch this show I couple of weeks ago.    Binge watching 5 seasons in a few days cannot be healthy.

Got fully caught up on this show today. I think I watched about five episodes in a row and holy crap, between "Say my name", "tread lightly", and Walt's "confession" my mind has been blown so many times. Can't wait for the next one to hit UK Netflix on Monday now.

I'd never seen this show but I watched the premiere "blood money" at my buddys. Then i went home and watched every season over the past 2 weeks and am now caught up as well. 

Incidentally, I think Walt will use the Ricin as his "way out" if it comes down to it and he faces trial before the cancer catches up to him.

Guys who don't have cable / antenna. Just watch a stream of the show, they usually come out 3 hours after the show premieres :) so you can still watch it on Sunday. Or you could just torrent.

"/

Incidentally, I think Walt will use the Ricin as his "way out" if it comes down to it and he faces trial before the cancer catches up to him.

It would be great foreshadowing of Marie's comment at the restaurant.

This weeks episode was a little weak in comparison to the rest of Season 5's brilliance IMO. I guess it is hard to follow the brilliance of the "confessions" episode, but still I guess episodes like this are needed to carry the story along, can't be action 24/7. Ending was alright, I dont really Like Todd and I hope Jessie kills him and Walter because Aaron Paul is the man. Team Pinkman  :D

• Upvote (+1) 1