1. 1. Why don't you go to events?

• Don't have the money
    • Don't have the time
    • I don't like Halo 5
    • I don't like the events
    • I have no one to hang out with if I go
    • There's no event in a location I want to go to

Hey everybody,

Reading up on the HCS thread made me think of this question. A lot of people are unhappy with the way open LAN events are right now for a number of reasons, and I was wondering what's your personal situation as to why you don't go to an event?

Personally, I don't have the time. I'm hoping to rectify this next year, but as of right now I'm out of vacation days so I can't really take time off for it, and I'm on call so unless I'm on vacation I have to be ready to work if the need arises. This leaves me fairly locked to where I am.

I've never been to an event of any sort, so I really want to make it a priority next year to try and attend one. But at the same time, when I hear what MLG is doing with Gears, part of me wants to go experience an MLG event instead. (If anyone wants to go get first rounded at Gears mid to late next year, hit me up).

Anyway, just curious what everyone else thinks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I live in a different country, not much I can do about it.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'd go to one here in the South after I leave ol' Home Shalom. Parents aren't big on this sort of thing, but after 18 comes around I'd def go to a MLG Raleigh or Charlotte. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Voted for the location, although I don't enjoy h5 enough to compete. If there was an event closer to me I would still attend it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Location is way too far away for me and would cost me a fortune.

If an event was held in Columbus I would definitely attend and have attended ones their before.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are literally 8 million better things I can think of to spend my money on than going to a Halo 5 event.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wanted to attend one in high school, but that wasn't going to happen. 

Mainly money, time, trying to get a college degree, etc. And I don't want to spend all my Xbox time playing competitive Halo. As much as I enjoy kicking -Yonk!- , I enjoy single player games/casual shooters. Plus, I am a budding creative fiction writer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I'm going to try and make one in mid-2017, provided one is held in a location I'm also interested in general vacation in. I live in Edmonton, Alberta. I think the closest major event to me that's ever been held would be MLG Seattle, and that was 11 years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I'm going to try and make one in mid-2017, provided one is held in a location I'm also interested in general vacation in. I live in Edmonton, Alberta. I think the closest major event to me that's ever been held would be MLG Seattle, and that was 11 years ago.

Whoa, another Albertan. I think that makes seven or eight of us now.

I just did, though. :P

As for why I don't go to more of them - I'd need a lot more time off work:

07308c2064fbe86cc1a1cc56d4265bf0.png

• Upvote (+1) 1