CyReN

Halo Pro Player - LethuL AMA

What career path are you considering taking when you no longer play professional Halo?

I get asked this a lot and the fact I don't really have an answer scares me. I'm interested in production. Stuff with live events and things like that. But I don't really know.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have teams closed the gap on you guys or are you actually out of practice from the org switch?

Also big fan, ilu lethul

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is the biggest difference between NA and EU players?(Skill gap? etc.)

Mose is the worst player ever and I think FabE would be top 1 without him. 

Nah but really I don't think it's that far apart. I think EU players have shots and make plays on the level of a lot of pros, but I think they are just a bit behind when it comes to the complete understanding of the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

All those times when you said you were going to take Nick's room at the house, was that not a joke? 

Also, what was the toughest thing about making the switch to Optic from CLG?

Bit of a deep question here but fk it.

I remember after you won worlds you got interviewed and said something like 'I've given my life to this game (i think you were referring to halo in general not just H5) and now to be here where I am now makes it all worth it."

What sort of sacrifices did you have to make along the way? Not go to social events to stay up grinding/play in online tourneys for example? Become distant with irl friends and then eventually lose them? Not go to college? Obviously it's all been worth it now you're the alpha bro banter Optic Brisk Mate King LethuL but wow man, that moment at worlds felt really poetic to me.

Also have you really watched all of The Office over 13 times? How long do you leave before each time? I just finished my 4th re-run and want to go again already ffs

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do you ever want to start streaming Destiny again?

Out side of the players on OG and nV, what group of 4 players do you think would have the best chance of winning a season final on LAN, given a full season to prepare?

You'll be busy with Pro League this Fall, but any games catching your eye to play like Gears 4, Modern Warfare Remastered, Mafia 3, Titanfall 2, etc?

All those times when you said you were going to take Nick's room at the house, was that not a joke? 

Also, what was the toughest thing about making the switch to Optic from CLG?

LMFAO It was a joke but looking back now I look like an asshole huh? Nah I'm in Formals old room that was the plan the whole time #Avengers. 

The toughest thing was getting the damn deal done. Business is trash, but maybe I'm just use to the old days where you sent a poorly worded text and left the team.

I'm glad that it finally got done and before the pro league though.

• Upvote (+1) 8

LMFAO I feel like I know what you're asking but I don't want to make this weird

It was a serious question, but thanks for trying. I'll just go eat some benzedrex cotton sticks. Gotta scrim ya know?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Bit of a deep question here but fk it.

I remember after you won worlds you got interviewed and said something like 'I've given my life to this game (i think you were referring to halo in general not just H5) and now to be here where I am now makes it all worth it."

What sort of sacrifices did you have to make along the way? Not go to social events to stay up grinding/play in online tourneys for example? Become distant with irl friends and then eventually lose them? Not go to college? Obviously it's all been worth it now you're the alpha bro banter Optic Brisk Mate King LethuL but wow man, that moment at worlds felt really poetic to me.

Also have you really watched all of The Office over 13 times? How long do you leave before each time? I just finished my 4th re-run and want to go again already ffs

I've watched the office before bed for like 90% of nights I've been alive. It is a disgusting habit and I can't break it. 

I just know that I've put so much time into this, even stuff like gaming after school and on the weekend when you really look back on it it's amazing. I've definitely lost touch with a lot of friends and haven't done a lot of things but I've enjoyed pretty much every second of it. I feel like I know a lot of people throughout the halo community and it's pretty insane that a game that we all enjoy (not h4) has made people friends. It's a weird path but it has worked out. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Are you happier with the state of your chat since you took that short break from the internet? I feel it's gotten a little better #cummies

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you ever want to start streaming Destiny again?

My destiny days were nice. I had a high amount of viewers tbh, I think that up until like this past year that was my largest streaming period yet.

I don't think I'll play again until destiny 2. 

Out side of the players on OG and nV, what group of 4 players do you think would have the best chance of winning a season final on LAN, given a full season to prepare?

Bubu Stellur Eco and another would be a good core 3 in my opinion. I don't really know though. Every team I can throw together seems so weird on paper. 

There have been times where I have gotten into various competitive games towards the end of their life and wished that I was able to compete when it was active or in it's peak.

What games would you want to go back and play competitively if you had the opportunity?

What is one obscure game or underrated game that you would suggest to others?

Do you find that your particular skill set in Halo transfers over in other games or sports?

How much Halo CE elitism can you tolerate?

I kinda forget, but I believe you hosted the Beach LAN Stream and for that I can't thank you enough. Seriously. Digging the AMA idea here.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Are you happier with the state of your chat since you took that short break from the internet? I feel it's gotten a little better #cummies

I mean it couldn't get worse. I love streaming but I think it goes for anyone who has dealt with the internet on a large scale that after a while it really does just feel like a burden. Like you get on just to deal with it then get off, and when you're in that mindset there really isn't much of a point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whats your favorite games besides the halo series?

How much addy have you taken in your career? Kappa

I like a lot of games, Elder Scrolls, Knights of the old republic, fallout, Bioshock. 

I love RPG and casual games like that but when I play them I take a lot of time so it's tough to do without not focusing on halo as much.

Also idk what this "Addy" thing is. I can't give you my address. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

When did you feel you took that next step during your pro gaming career? When you got top 32?