CyReN

UGC 2016 St. Louis Discussion

I'm assuming he means higher pro payouts = more pro teams attending. While that's true I think it's important to find middle ground to allure both veterans and rookies to the scene. With this structure I think they've done that nicely.

Meant to upvote this sorry Ill make it up. Live about 30 mins away on the STL side, def plan on attending! Should be fun.

You forgot Peel and Cleveland Heath, two of the best restaurats in the entire STL area both in Edwardsville :-)

I've had Peel but I think it's overrated. Never been able to check out Cleveland Heath yet but I do hear good things.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've had Peel but I think it's overrated. Never been able to check out Cleveland Heath yet but I do hear good things.

They have updated their menu a number of times, last few times I went it was phenomenal :-)  

Meant to upvote this sorry Ill make it up. Live about 30 mins away on the STL side, def plan on attending! Should be fun.

Buy me a beer Friday night and we'll call it square

how many pros are coming to this?  any pro teams confirmed?  

I believe E6 and ALG and a few others will be coming. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't wait to watch a well produced LAN

We always have some awesome new features to introduce for spectators & viewers at home ;) It's going to be a great event!

• Upvote (+1) 3

We always have some awesome new features to introduce for spectators & viewers at home ;) It's going to be a great event!

Very much looking forward to this, quick question - what settings will the FFA matches be?

I am begging that people attend this event. I unfortunately live in the EU so I obviously cannot, but if you live in the Midwest, PLEASE attend this.

Even if you are shit at Halo, even if you are a Casual, just attend as a spectator, every little helps.

We need a big turnout to show 343 and MLG that we CAN hold a successful LAN. If Chattanooga can get 60 teams then I'm sure UGC can.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Very much looking forward to this, quick question - what settings will the FFA matches be?

This information will be released by UGC i'm sure very soon if it hasn't already. :)

We strive for top production.  Our last event we offered listen-ins to spectators and had hopes to execute constant listen-ins and quad screen streams.  We will be pushing for the same.  We are also looking at custom stations and an experience you wont want to miss.  This event is Mid-West and has the largest prize pool out of all the Halo Opens this year.  We love the Halo community and are hopeful this event serves as a staple for the way Halo needs to be produced and hosted.  Support from the community would be appreciated.  Halo wouldn't be competitive if it weren't for the community and it needs the community.

Quick question. Does all merch go towards the open event? I'd love to get a PoGo shirt from yall if it help support the event

Will this be a LAN via dev kits or will this still take place on the dedicated servers?

I'm ridiculously amped and going regardless. Always a blast to be around fellow halo lovers.

Will this be a LAN via dev kits or will this still take place on the dedicated servers?

I'm ridiculously amped and going regardless. Always a blast to be around fellow halo lovers.

It will be on dedicated servers same as the Chattanooga event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We strive for top production.  Our last event we offered listen-ins to spectators and had hopes to execute constant listen-ins and quad screen streams.  We will be pushing for the same.  We are also looking at custom stations and an experience you wont want to miss.  This event is Mid-West and has the largest prize pool out of all the Halo Opens this year.  We love the Halo community and are hopeful this event serves as a staple for the way Halo needs to be produced and hosted.  Support from the community would be appreciated.  Halo wouldn't be competitive if it weren't for the community and it needs the community.

I wish I could afford to spend the money to come over - this is just top notch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

All aboard the Most Wanted hype train!

Its going to be the same team as the one that competed at Orange County right? They won a game or two against a pro IIRC. Should be fun to watch nonetheless :) 

Hey guys!

This is a video giving some context and history to UGC!  Its been a progression but now we are at a level that consistent events will happen throughout 2017.  Tho we are diversifying games, Halo is our roots!

• Upvote (+1) 3

I will try to update this from the site and what I know. If any F/a or teams would like for me to edit this list I will.

Pro Rosters

Allegiance -                                        Contra, PreDevonator, Falcated, ?

Enigma 6 -                                          Suspector, Cratos, Bubu Dubu, Shooter

Evil Geniuses  -                                  Ninja, Lunchbox, Roy, Stellur

NV -                                                    Snip3down, Huke, Ola, Lethul 

Open Bracket Rosters

Panda Gaming -                                 Gabriel, Goofy, Cloud, Ryanoob

Most Wanted -                                    Lifestyle, Nemassist, Dastroyed, Boamx

Solstice -                                             Stress, Kaiss, ?,? 

Know Your Strengths -                        K Y S DoubleA, K Y S Rocket, K Y S Extreme, K Y S Goombah

Str8 Missin -                                        Halos President, Sturgy, TiDE T0 GO, I Monitor I

InControl Gaming -                             Avenged Co, I am Noble HCS, Overcompensate, Ozarts

Rogue Nation -                                   GunHype, SwiftMayne , Flux , Ripple

Gateway Guardians -                         Silence N17, TooSleepyToAim, Ghostface651, ProtoShott

3rd Coast -                                         II DORK II, Mobius Sparrow, zAugz, Furbyyy

Natural Talent -                                   Xcillent, Mist Ninjutsu, xJoystic, Momentum SHIFT

Stranger Things -                                My Tails, Boo Boo Bair, RailGGun, ?

Precursors -                                        CriMxDelAxCriM, f our system, iGhosterr, Oh My Risterrr

F/A

@@Schlayygs

@@Shotzzy

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not sure on that one

From Heinz: In Topic: HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds and Discussion‏

05 October 2016 - 05:45 PM

I am going to UGC St. Louis regardless of if my teams goes or not (but I am fairly certain we will). I hope a lot of people decide to go so 1. I can see everyone, as it has been a while since I've been to an open event and 2. We, as a community, can prove how important the locations of these events are.

Remember, UGC St. Louis is not HCS sanctioned, so in my opinion a huge turnout would be an even bigger eye-opener than if it were. I'm confident we can do it. Last time there was an event in St. Louis (an H2A HCS event - different, I know), there were 96 teams IIRC.  Beyond%20Smiley.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

From Heinz: In Topic: HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds and Discussion‏

05 October 2016 - 05:45 PM

I am going to UGC St. Louis regardless of if my teams goes or not (but I am fairly certain we will). I hope a lot of people decide to go so 1. I can see everyone, as it has been a while since I've been to an open event and 2. We, as a community, can prove how important the locations of these events are.

Remember, UGC St. Louis is not HCS sanctioned, so in my opinion a huge turnout would be an even bigger eye-opener than if it were. I'm confident we can do it. Last time there was an event in St. Louis (an H2A HCS event - different, I know), there were 96 teams IIRC.  Beyond%20Smiley.png

I hope they do go

Have any pro players or teams confirmed if they will be attending yet ? would be great if OG or NV or both could attend would do wonders for the event