Sign in to follow this  
KurtiZ

FOURvFOUR: Complete Halo Documentary now available

Didn't you post about this on Beyond when you first started planning it a year or two back? I want to say you were looking for feedback on different commentator's for the movie?

If so, I'm psyched to finally see it! That's incredible the amount of time you've put into it if it's been two and a half years already.

Didn't you post about this on Beyond when you first started planning it a year or two back? I want to say you were looking for feedback on different commentator's for the movie?

If so, I'm psyched to finally see it! That's incredible the amount of time you've put into it if it's been two and a half years already.

That is correct

Episode one is out!

• Upvote (+1) 7

Good stuff.

I hope you guys discuss the drop in gameplay quality via design/mechanics from h1 to h2 in the next episode. Ditto with h3.

More people need to be aware of Halo's gameplay degredation- not only after the inclusion of sprint and abilities, but also from nerfing the utility weapon, drop spawn systems, melee lunges, etc...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Good stuff.

I hope you guys discuss the drop in gameplay quality via design/mechanics from h1 to h2 in the next episode. Ditto with h3.

More people need to be aware of Halo's gameplay degredation- not only after the inclusion of sprint and abilities, but also from nerfing the utility weapon, drop spawn systems, melee lunges, etc...

We don't really cover those differences from ce to h2 for two reasons:

1) CE wasn't that big competitively in NZ, it was more just the casual local LANs which acted as a community building and foundation to H2 - where it got a lot more competitive. So for me and a select few others the differences are notable, but for most of NZ H2 was what mattered as it was online and CE wasn't, so although it definitely has signifigance, not many complain about or even remember the negative changes going into H2

2) we want to focus more on player stories, and keeping it somewhat-watchable for a non halo player, therefore delving too deep into mechanics, pros, cons, effects, meta etc will just take too much away from those two focuses.

Also we already have almost too much to cover, we have had to cut out a lot and its still going to end up being probably 12x 30-45min episodes

Oh ps we are definitely covering how shit h3 was tho haha

• Upvote (+1) 2

Loved the first episode, I can't wait to see the rest!

Thanks for the feature you GOAT

I'll post my thoughts after the 2nd episode. Definitely not what I was expecting.

What were you expecting? Interested to know : )

One episode of this kind of content is worth at least 10 high-quality competitive montages. (Probably more than that, since watching 10 montages in a row isn't that much better than watching one.) It's also worth about 1000 iSpiteful REQ montage videos.

The content that people are putting out right now is astonishingly devoid of quality and utility. Thank you for this, and thank you to anyone who decides that instead of making a montage, they'll rather work on any information-rich Halo content, whether that's a wall of text, a video on how to improve Halo, or just something like this. This content is what constitutes the core, passion and value of Halo.

Shame it's not really reply-worthy, since there's not much to discuss and debate in the video. This type of content is all very agreeable. Good shit.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I thought it was funny that he actually put an ad in the newspaper looking for people to play against and then had a Sudd moment when he started wrestling his partner when they lost.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Something more encompassing.

There's plenty of USA Halo content around, assuming that's what you mean. I am extremely bias when I say this, but this video is great for Halo. More global awareness and acceptance in this community would go a long way in bringing Halo back into the mainstream.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Something more encompassing.

What is that though? A broader spectrum of regions (US / EU CE) etc? or just more of CE related things covered?

Oh shit KurtiZ, didn't know you were on beyond.

Been apart of the NA forum scene for over 10 years now  :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 1