Sign in to follow this  
Botheredhat360

Halo 5 PC forge, this is what happens if you don't have a GPU

same thing happens to me and I have a GTX 650. The minimum requirement is a GTX 650 TI...

650 and 650 TI are not the same thing, the difference is the VRAM and that's why you can't run it.

650 and 650 TI are not the same thing, the difference is the VRAM and that's why you can't run it.

yeah I know, I'm also pretty sure the TI has a little more cuda cores, but still, they are almost the same performance wise.

same thing happens to me and I have a GTX 650. The minimum requirement is a GTX 650 TI...

Thats strange, maybe its a hard cutoff, it really should play though.   @@Dalahi Lama Maybe right, VRAM issue, then again my second quote...

With an HD5500 you can get to the menu then it'll crash.

With an HD 520 ( Intel 6000 Skylake series) The game can actually run at 540p but it stutters like a motherfucker.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats strange, maybe its a hard cutoff, it really should play though.   @@Dalahi Lama Maybe right, VRAM issue, then again my second quote...

With an HD 520 ( Intel 6000 Skylake series) The game can actually run at 540p but it stutters like a motherfucker.

Lucky. I'm considering putting in a 8GB RAM stick into the laptop because I'm currently at 6 total. 

Hmm, I have this.. maybe I'll try it lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have an old HD6950 but its only got 1 gig of VRAM.  same thing happens to me.

I was thinking of upgrading but dont want to break the bank.  Anybody have experience with the RX 460? I can get a 4GB version of it for $130

I have an old HD6950 but its only got 1 gig of VRAM.  same thing happens to me.

I was thinking of upgrading but dont want to break the bank.  Anybody have experience with the RX 460? I can get a 4GB version of it for $130

Decent card for 1080p 60fps med settings or lower. Trades blows with the GTX 950. What CPU do you have?

Decent card for 1080p 60fps med settings or lower. Trades blows with the GTX 950. What CPU do you have?

Yeah, if they made a 4GB version of the GTX 950, i would probably just pull the trigger on that one.  

I have an FX-6300.  In an ideal world I would get a GTX 960 or RX 470 and be set for a while.

Current setup:

CPU: FX 6300

RAM: 8 gigs DDR3 @1866

Graphics: HD 6950 1 gig. (this has definitely gotta go)

Yeah, if they made a 4GB version of the GTX 950, i would probably just pull the trigger on that one.  

I have an FX-6300.  In an ideal world I would get a GTX 960 or RX 470 and be set for a while.

Current setup:

CPU: FX 6300

RAM: 8 gigs DDR3 @1866

Graphics: HD 6950 1 gig. (this has definitely gotta go)

Just got a GTX 1060 recently and I would highly recommend dropping the extra $50 to get one of those. 

Just got a GTX 1060 recently and I would highly recommend dropping the extra $50 to get one of those. 

If you can find me a GTX 1060 for $180.....  Best i can find is $200 and thats the 3 GB model.  the 6 GB model (since they dont have 4 gb models like i want) start at $250.

Really though, my budget is my budget not because of some price per frame calculation or anything but just because its my budget lol.  I dont want to spend more than $150 all in considering im probably only going to be gaming on the PC a few hours a week, if that.