Sign in to follow this  
ZerueLX11

Halo 5: Forge Windows 10 Feedback Thread!

I only see myself playing AFTER a FoV, framerate, and aiming fix. No point in messing myself up with every other shooter I play. That input lag is a deal breaker. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aiming on the mouse feels terrible, there is definitely delay. A controller feels much better.

However, my main problem is that when I try to use window capture or game capture on OBS, the game only shows as a black box. The only way I can capture Halo 5 is by doing monitor capture, which really isn't the best option for streaming. I get terrible frame drops because of this.

As a streamer this is something I would like fixed ASAP. Other things like mouse lag need a fix too.

By far the biggest thing is that aiming on the mouse is too difficult.  There's almost certainly input lag or mouse acceleration or a combination of both those things.  It's extremely frustrating because you want to aim and you can do everything else properly (positioning/power weapon management/strafing etc) but your crosshairs just don't go where you want them to.  This absolutely has to be corrected.

Many people would also like a genuine full screen option.  Right now you can only run the game in windowed full screen which means other programs running are going to be using resources in the background.  This is critical for people with cards that aren't upper end.  The game runs well enough windowed but it could perform better with a real full screen mode.

MCC Perhaps? 

qYi2qKq.png

This was Found in the Credits of Halo 5 PC!

Also, 120FPS is possible! I have both FOV and 120FPS mods enabled! Runs smooth when you are the only one in a lobby, but depending on the custom game lobby in multiplayer the game can get choppy.

CsHrgLoVYAAXOCH.jpg

qYi2qKq.png

This was Found in the Credits of Halo 5 PC!

Also, 120FPS is possible! I have both FOV and 120FPS mods enabled! Runs smooth when you are the only one in a lobby, but depending on the custom game lobby in multiplayer the game can get choppy.

CsHrgLoVYAAXOCH.jpg

When you enable 120 FPS does anything weird occur like half duration camo or the like?

MCC Perhaps? 

Halo Wars 2

Halo: Spartan Strike Assault Palmer Edition

Halo 6

MCC is done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They need to improve the in game chat a bit.  Add a button to show/hide chat history, make it scrollable.

Also add lobby chat.  Lobby chat is a must.  A no brainer. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

They need to improve the in game chat a bit. Add a button to show/hide chat history, make it scrollable.

Also add lobby chat. Lobby chat is a must. A no brainer.

The lobby chat is an absolute must! Some people can't play on Forge maps, and it's a hastle messaging everyone in the lobby figuring out whose security settings won't let them play on Forge maps.

I like how it only took a few days for FOV and 120fps patches to be made. PC master race. :)

I don't see these options anywhere?

Not official patches but a 3rd party program can access the games memory to change FOV and FPS

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not official patches but a 3rd party program can access the games memory to change FOV and FPS

Could you add genuine full screen mode to your list?  Or is this not possible for windows apps/is it already full screen?  At the moment it looks like its locked to windowed/windowed borderless.  In Witcher 3 I used full screen to get some extra FPS since you don't have to run your desktop at the same time.  I'm also reading some things about windowed mode in other games creating tiny amounts of input lag.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could you add genuine full screen mode to your list?  Or is this not possible for windows apps/is it already full screen?  At the moment it looks like its locked to windowed/windowed borderless.  In Witcher 3 I used full screen to get some extra FPS since you don't have to run your desktop at the same time.  I'm also reading some things about windowed mode in other games creating tiny amounts of input lag.

The way UWP works is a bit weird. True full screen is not implemented. 

Also causes weird glitches/crashes with recording software sometimes. 

While I hear they are going to address it themselves, my comment was in reference to how having the game on PC allows amazing community members do great things to enhance the game. The fact that some 3rd party figured out how to provide those options so quickly is pretty awesome IMO. I think it speaks to just how special a good Halo game on PC could be.

• Upvote (+1) 2

While I hear they are going to address it themselves, my comment was in reference to how having the game on PC allows amazing community members do great things to enhance the game. The fact that some 3rd party figured out how to provide those options so quickly is pretty awesome IMO. I think it speaks to just how special a good Halo game on PC could be.

It also pressures 343 to get the ball rolling on technical updates. They've always taken their sweet time with fixes like, months even, while other devs can push them out rather quickly. PC is a godsend.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Alright, I'm not sure if I'm just dense or if the UI is bad or what. But the only way I can find to exit the app is alt+F4. Also, anyone having troubles joining games? I may be wrong but I was under the impression you could join Xbox custom games, but only one of my invites went through and I couldn't figure out how to access it.

Alright, I'm not sure if I'm just dense or if the UI is bad or what. But the only way I can find to exit the app is alt+F4. Also, anyone having troubles joining games? I may be wrong but I was under the impression you could join Xbox custom games, but only one of my invites went through and I couldn't figure out how to access it.

Not true.

Just move your mouse to the top of the screen and hold it there for about half a second and the Windows bar should pop up with the usual minimise, restore down and close.

As for joining games - there's no cross-play with Xbox at all, it is PC vs PC only. Custom games browser is coming in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not true.

Just move your mouse to the top of the screen and hold it there for about half a second and the Windows bar should pop up with the usual minimise, restore down and close.

As for joining games - there's no cross-play with Xbox at all, it is PC vs PC only. Custom games browser is coming in the future.

Oh, I did not try that. I guess I was just dense then, thanks.

The way the PC Gamer article was talking about using Xbox friends to join games, I figured that meant an Xbox player had to send an invite or set it up or something. Thanks Moa.

Oh, I did not try that. I guess I was just dense then, thanks.

The way the PC Gamer article was talking about using Xbox friends to join games, I figured that meant an Xbox player had to send an invite or set it up or something. Thanks Moa.

You were not dense at all.   The app should absolutely have an exit option on screen.  The "hover near the top to get the hidden menu to show up" solution is very non-intuitive.  They basically did not put any work into the main GUI.  All they did was remove the xbox features that it doesn't support.   Xbox users don't exit, they go back to the dashboard and QTB.  We can't do that on PC. 

Also, since this game only tabs out when you tab to an application that is on the same screen you are running it on, it can be pretty annoying to tab out of as well.  I use two screens and usually most of my other apps running are always running on the secondary screen. This makes it tricky to tab out of the game some times.  Just another side affect of it not supporting a true fullscreen mode. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have some more feedback for H5 Forge.  This time my feedback is forge specific.  First off, forging on PC is way faster for me.  And it's not because of mouse.  I actually still use controller.   Its because I can use keyboard and type in location and angle degrees very quickly and I can get things into position like 10x faster.   

I think they could enhance this even more.  In the little text boxes they allow you to modify the angles and position coordinates in by typing in values, they should add little up and down arrow buttons next to them for easy, quick fine tuning.  They should also allow you to click in the box and use the scroll wheel on the mouse to increase or decrease the value.     These would be very minor enhancements that would save quite a bit a time and make it even more user friendly.

Forging on PC is pretty fun.  Keyboard inputs has help speed up forging quite a bit.    

Also, on another side note, I have a lot of bookmarks.  When I go to look at my bookmarks on the PC version, when I goto the second page of bookmarks, it just loads the bookmarks from the first page.   So basically I can only see my first page of bookmarks. They need to fix this ASAP.   Does any one else have this issue?