Infinity

Halo Bulletin 7.10.13 | Legendary Slayer Discussion!

I've seen that guy post all sorts of **** on waypoint. He is against Slayer Pro. Against forge maps. Against the sandbox update. Oh, and Halo 4 is his favorite Halo game (he claims to have played them all). On second thought, maybe he is an expert troll, though I doubt it.

I usually go on Waypoint after something big is announced just to see their opinion on it and every time, there is some guy that makes some thread where the grammar, use of smiles, and exclamation points proves he's not a day older than 15, which is is a generous estimate. And somewhere in that flood of letters on my screen, he states he's been with Halo since CE and how Halo 4 (sometimes Reach) is the pinnacle of the series.

I get it. Opinions are opinions  all different ones exists blah blah blah, but their usual points always contradict each other and even state that some features that were started from Halo 2 or 3 were started in Reach or 4. I just don't know how anyone above 20 can browse that forum and not feel like they're in the middle of a McDonalds play pin.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's pointless to make the playlist BR starts because it will just be redundant with Team Throwdown. 

But, PLEASE play this playlist. If we don't 343 will just take it out and think people enjoy Infinity better

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's pointless to make the playlist BR starts because it will just be redundant with Team Throwdown. 

But, PLEASE play this playlist. If we don't 343 will just take it out and think people enjoy Infinity better

Nah, i think there is radar in this and no ordnance at all, every weapon is on the map and no pods.

Can honestly say I was pretty dissapointed with the announcement of AR starts. I think we can all see where this goes when two teams of 4 can actually shoot. One team gets rifles and power weapons and the other team is trying to survive with their...Assault Rifle. Some games will just be a complete massacre considering they don't even give you a Magnum.

I think they'll eventually end up changing the playlist to allow either, magnum secondaries, or BR/Rifle starts option. But knowing how long it takes 343 to update things, it'll be too little too late.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was hoping for no sprint, this is kind of disappointing and is pretty much slayer pro with radar.

Nope because this will be the first decent playlist with radar enabled. Once its strives away from AR starts that is. This is not the "MLG" playlist we can embrace pro-choice for the little we will lose in competitiveness.

this is kind of disappointing and is pretty much slayer pro with radar.

And that has been in great need since day 1.

• Downvote (-1) 1

It would be cool if 343 put armor abilities on the map, that would make it even more awesome!

Every armor ability could of been made into a sweet power up instead, and those could of been on map. As for your proposal I have to disagree because the shitty thing about armor abilities is how no detection can be made. Say my opponent has a jetpack I won't know until he uses it. On the other hand if my opponent has an overshield I'll see the green glare and can act upon it right away.

So armor abilities on map are much less effective then actual power ups. Back to my original statement every AA could of been a power up on map. Example Promethean vision could of been full on for a duration of 15s, however your head is glowing red indicating that you in fact have picked up the power up. Its all about detection so players can react accordingly.

Nah I don't think it would play anything like TTD. it has radar. it doesnt have all the supermlgyynoscope people. i think it'd feel like social slayer. I think this playlist is gonna have a lot of laid back ppl but still want to win and are competitive. right up my alley. But AR starts will get boring eventually, so it'd be good to have variety (BR starts, AR Starts, and maybe doubles settings would be good).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just realized they didn't say they put in 5 second respawns. I hope we don't have instant respawns in legendary slayer.

I just realized they didn't say they put in 5 second respawns. I hope we don't have instant respawns in legendary slayer.

I've been worried about that as well.

Every armor ability could of been made into a sweet power up instead, and those could of been on map. As for your proposal I have to disagree because the shitty thing about armor abilities is how no detection can be made. Say my opponent has a jetpack I won't know until he uses it. On the other hand if my opponent has an overshield I'll see the green glare and can act upon it right away.

So armor abilities on map are much less effective then actual power ups. Back to my original statement every AA could of been a power up on map. Example Promethean vision could of been full on for a duration of 15s, however your head is glowing red indicating that you in fact have picked up the power up. Its all about detection so players can react accordingly.

I can see your point, but it will serve kinda like equipment in halo 3 except you keep it until you die. I don't think jet pack should be on a map in Legendary Slayer if they did put armor abilities in it, oh and active camo shouldn't be in either.

I am still hoping they will end up fixing the Magnum, making it a 4sk, with no bloom, and less aim-assist, bullet magnetism,. It would be a nice feature and compliment the AR or BR well if they end up adding in a Team BR or such game type.

I miss having a good Magnum in Halo or Pistol weapon in general.. they are all pretty poor in Halo 4, and each could be fixed easily as well.

I highly doubt they would take the time to make a classic-esque playlist but keep instaspawns in

Nope because this will be the first decent playlist with radar enabled. Once its strives away from AR starts that is. This is not the "MLG" playlist we can embrace pro-choice for the little we will lose in competitiveness.

And that has been in great need since day 1.

Well it is need but it can easily replace slayer pro in the infinity slayer playlist without creating a new playlist and I see no point of having slayer pro since there is already throwdown. Legendary slayer also shouldn't be just AR starts but also include BR gametypes for those who like balanced gameplay with radar.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well it is need but it can easily replace slayer pro in the infinity slayer playlist without creating a new playlist and I see no point of having slayer pro since there is already throwdown. Legendary slayer also shouldn't be just AR starts but also include BR gametypes for those who like balanced gameplay with radar.

This is correct.

There should be three categories of gametypes: Infinity, Classic/Standard (Legendary), and Pro (Throwdown)

Each should be in their seperate playlists. 

AR starts is better than BR starts. The smaller scope will allow for more map movement and forces more teamwork to take someone down. Since it has less range, its more skilled to take a player down, and the red reticle range is much smaller. Players cant be one man armies now, its now about teamwork. Plus, the AR is more classic Halo than the BR.

Nice post.

Anyway. I'm looking forward to playing Legendary slayer to a certain extent, I like the changes but I really hate radar. Hopefully 343 implements a slayer pro variant.

This is correct.

There should be three categories of gametypes: Infinity, Classic/Standard (Legendary), and Pro (Throwdown)

Completely agree with this, I myself am not a fan of No Radar gametypes, atleast not in Matchmaking anymore simply because there is no communication online and if there is its just kids talking trash.

In Halo 2 communication was frequent, just about everyone did use a Mic and playing No Radar gametypes online was a fun experience. Now however with the addition Sprint and really no communication online anymore.. they end up being not that much fun for me going in solo in Matchmaking.

I want a classic Halo feel brought back to the game, and this seems like it will bring that back finally, I just hope Sprint is turned off and that they improve the Magnum before this launches, but that's doubtful. If the Magnum can not be improved, and tuned, perhaps to a 4sk-5sk before the Playlist launches, then they should simply add the BR and pair it with the AR, that is always a useful combo for all situations in my opinion. It was my favorite combo back in the day if I could not find a Carbine in Halo 3.

I really hope come Halo 5 they will do away with these Armor Mods, and give Spartans the ability to pick up grenades whenever, No Flinch, No Sprint, and improved Spartans in general, stronger, faster, more similar to Halo 2 and 3 Spartans like they should be.

This is correct.

that kind of seperation is pointless.

I would rather see it be 2v2/4v4/8v8 with a seperate more competitive variant of said playlist called refined mixed in with the niche gametypes like grifball or infection.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I have not understood since Launch why they have not refined the Playlist's, there are so many.. and it simply effects the population as a whole being so stretched. They instead should remove the unneeded Playlist's and combine them with their counterpart and Infinity Slayer in general should not exist, it really is not even close to Halo in the slightest or enjoyable at all due to how random it is.

You could easily have a simple set up similar to this,

Legendary Slayer/Team Slayer

Team BR

Classic Team Slayer- AR-Magnum

Big Team Battle- Slayer-CTF-Dominion-Regicide-KOTH

Rumble Pit-

Swat-

Team Action Sack-

Team Objective- CTF-EXT-KOTH-Oddball

Team Throwdown-

V5 Gametypes

Slayer Pro gametype

Team Doubles-

Team Snipers-

Multi-Team-

Grifball-

Flood-

Still a lot of Playlist's but with a more focused approach to them, instead of continuing to pile up more and more Playlist's or keeping Playlist's like Capture the Flag and Dominion separate, when they should not be. Legendary Slayer would act like the Social Slayer and Classic game play experience, where Throwdown would remain the Pro style oriented Playlist that is used to practice for Tournaments and the like.

Nah I don't think it would play anything like TTD. it has radar. it doesnt have all the supermlgyynoscope people. i think it'd feel like social slayer. I think this playlist is gonna have a lot of laid back ppl but still want to win and are competitive. right up my alley. But AR starts will get boring eventually, so it'd be good to have variety (BR starts, AR Starts, and maybe doubles settings would be good).

Agreed, I would like to see the Legendary Slayer (AR starts) and then a BR starts variant too.

Then we can see all the Veto 4 BR accounts come back. :D

I know this has been said probably a dozen times in this thread.  But if this is truly a classic-ish playlist, No Sprint should of been the first thing mentioned. 

Nice post.

Anyway. I'm looking forward to playing Legendary slayer to a certain extent, I like the changes but I really hate radar. Hopefully 343 implements a slayer pro variant.

Legendary slayer with no radar is throwdown with AR starts.

Legendary slayer with no radar is throwdown with AR starts.

Maybe they could make the radar like it was in H3 where you don't know the EXACT location.