Infinity

Halo Bulletin 7.10.13 | Legendary Slayer Discussion!

I'll take BR/AR starts but I don't see the big fuss in letting people choose between 5 loadouts. It really won't effect how things play out, rather everyone will be happy.

I dislike Rockets on Haven, hasn't been there before, doesn't need to be.
As for Adrift, since this is Slayer OS is much better then Rockets, it allows you to push and break a setup but not multiple ones. I just think rockets would be too much.
As for timers I'd go the 90, 120, 150s route. 3 minute is a bit long. Though thats detail.

Here is what would be the perfect game type for me, as well a a balanced experienced for people coming from TTD and Infinity game types.

- - - - - - -

Loadouts: BR/AR, 2x Frags, Thruster/Hardlight/Hologram. As for perks, I'm not sure, *probably* what's in LS right now.

- - - - - - -

PODs: DMR/Carbine/Lightrifle.

- - - - - - -

Maps: Mostly disc maps, Majestic DLC, and some Forge maps like Onyx, Shut Out, Simplex, and Sanctuary (haven't seen that a whole lot). Oh, and Vertigo and PITFALL. ^.^

- - - - - - -

CSR: Team-win based like TTD.

- - - - - - -

This game type should work with most maps; Halo 4 maps were designed with precision rifles in mind, which makes AR starts unviable without a lot of map and power weapon tweaking. This allows the player some kind of customization without the game-breaking elements like loadout stickies and Jetpack. Oh, and radar is enabled.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I dont know if you guys have noticed but they dont have the DMR/LR or any of the other guns in this playlist newer than Halo 3. So I dont think they plan on adding those.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont know if you guys have noticed but they dont have the DMR/LR or any of the other guns in this playlist newer than Halo 3. So I dont think they plan on adding those.

I thought I saw the Conc rifle... Must have been the Championship playlist, I suppose.

I thought I saw the Conc rifle... Must have been the Championship playlist, I suppose.

I think someone else said that also so maybe its because its pretty much a Brute Shot.

It spawns literally right next to the sniper on Haven under mohawk, on a 3 minute timer of course.

Honestly wouldn't mind the AR start as long as enough BRs are put on the map. 

Where does all the shit spawn on Abandon?

1 Sniper Top Gold on Magic Tree side and the other on Beach by the rock where Scattershot spawns on v4. 0 spare clip Shotgun on Purple Bridge, too. Not sure if there are any other weapons I've missed.

ninja'd

the weapon spawns ruin the playlist for me, if they reduced the power creep / different power weapons, and put DMR/LR in its stead, i think itd be fantastic. but yea this playlist is gonna die if they dont revise it soon, only had like 1.75k on first day now dropping

ninja'd

the weapon spawns ruin the playlist for me, if they reduced the power creep / different power weapons, and put DMR/LR in its stead, i think itd be fantastic. but yea this playlist is gonna die if they dont revise it soon, only had like 1.75k on first day now dropping

Yeah, it's not gonna be great, but obviously it has a much lower than normal population because of the Global FFA playlist, too. After that's done, hopefully 343 make a few changes to LS and it might have a decent population. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, it's not gonna be great, but obviously it has a much lower than normal population because of the Global FFA playlist, too. After that's done, hopefully 343 make a few changes to LS and it might have a decent population.

Very true; the championship playlist was booming on Monday at over 7,000 total; Tuesday it was nearly 4,000.

Very true; the championship playlist was booming on Monday at over 7,000 total; Tuesday it was nearly 4,000.

Yeah, sadly 7,000 for a playlist is good for Halo 4, lol. I think BTB peaks at like, 8k or maybe 9k on weekends. :/

Yeah, sadly 7,000 for a playlist is good for Halo 4, lol. I think BTB peaks at like, 8k or maybe 9k on weekends. :/

BTB peaked at 10,000 a week or two ago. It's hovering up there... But at least it's consistent, right?

BTB peaked at 10,000 a week or two ago. It's hovering up there... But at least it's consistent, right?

It'd be a shock to see Halo keep dropping in population, it had to stop falling at some point, no one knew when, though. 30k is pretty bad, tbh. Reach never did this bad.

should have been BR/AR starts

There was nothing skillful about that. Walshy accepted a mess around challenge from a fan...nothing more, nothing less. It's AR's man...spray and pray.

should have been BR/AR starts

There was nothing skillful about that. Walshy accepted a mess around challenge from a fan...nothing more, nothing less. It's AR's man...spray and pray.

Should have been "consistant Rifle" starts. can't really say what i think without being flamed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can you say... Nostalgia.

I loved Halo 3 but the H4 BR is just not a good weapon

• Downvote (-1) 1

Can you say... Nostalgia.

I loved Halo 3 but the H4 BR is just not a good weapon

Why? Spreads not random, short range and kills slow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Should have been "consistant Rifle" starts. can't really say what i think without being flamed.

I agree. It's very anti-Consistent Rifle around these parts.

Legendary Slayer has only been out for 2 days and its already the 11th most popular playlist. Good job 343.

Team Slayer was always one of the most popular in past games...here's an idea...copy that. (Including the name)

Legendary Slayer has only been out for 2 days and its already the 11th most popular playlist. Good job 343.

Team Slayer was always one of the most popular in past games...here's an idea...copy that. (Including the name)

If they named it Team Slayer and added two voting options (Team AR's and Team Rifles) it would have been more popular.

It'd be a shock to see Halo keep dropping in population, it had to stop falling at some point, no one knew when, though. 30k is pretty bad, tbh. Reach never did this bad.

According the Live Activity chart released on May 27th, Halo 4 was ahead of BF 3.

Then according to the Live Activity chart released on June 17th, BF 3 had passed Halo 4.

Halo charts as you should know only tracks the number that 343 publishes on the playlist page for Halo 4. And considering that not all players are always in matchmaking, it probably leaves out a couple thousand people. (halo charts has also become extremely inacurrate, as I've gone on to the Halo 4 playlist page during peak hours and I've seen 36,000 players online, while halo charts only reported a number of around 33,000 the next day for that day).

However while looking at halo charts you still get the general idea that Halo 4's population has stabilized. How long has it been stable? Well it's been stable since the end of April.

And we can track BF 3's population very well with this site. http://www.gamestat.co.uk/

Using that site, we can see that for the BF 3 on the Xbox 360, the week before May 27th (20th-26th) the average peak population was 33,326. And for the week before June 17th (10th-16th) the average peak population was 41,320.

So basically, Halo 4's normal daily peak population is anywhere from 33,326-41,320 players.

Although that is definitely still a bad performance for a Halo title, it's not quite as bad as 30,000 players.