CorporalWings0

Should radar stay on in the HCS?

183 members have voted

1. 1. Radar

• Keep radar
    • Remove radar

Simple thread, just wanting to see the reception on radar in the competitive settings. This also goes for TA, as it is supposed to model the HCS. If a lot of us agree that it would be better off without it maybe there could be some testing done without it, instead of us testing if Riptide should be in the HCS (lol), and we could potentially remove it from the competitive scene.

​No radar

@@Timo @@Deez @@Sal1ent @@Bravo

• Upvote (+1) 2

This shouldn't even be a debate. No radar for competitive settings, with FFA being the only exception.

Agreed, but seeing as how it's still in the HCS it seems 343i doesn't care. I'm hoping this thread gets enough traction for them to do something about it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Agreed, but seeing as how it's still in the HCS it seems 343i doesn't care. I'm hoping this thread gets enough traction for them to do something about it.

343 has shown absolutely no interest in the competitive quality of their games. And considering 343's track record with polls, it ultimately won't matter if 100 people vote against radar or 100,000. They'll do whatever the fuck they want to anyway.
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If 343 refuses to then this poll should still be a barometer for what teambeyond.net tournaments should do. No radar will gain more traction if more organizers pay attention to it.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They don't care man, they just don't care.

LMAO. I can't believe this is even a question. Not just because it should be obvious that radar sucks for competitive play, but also the fact that 5 years ago no one would have taken this question seriously at all or believed that we would be at point where we would be playing Halo tournaments with radar (or all the other bullshit 343 has added and forced onto us). Hilarious yet kinda sad at the same time.  :laughing:

EDIT: What's also a joke is that we're 10 months into Fakelo 5, and radar is STILL standard. I seriously don't know how you guys play this garbage.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I think it was Roy who said that without radar it'd be too hard to predict the opponent due to all the new movement options. I just don't see how that would be the case if you can hear thrusting and mantling. Not to mention the spawn system is super predictable.

I think it was Roy who said that without radar it'd be too hard to predict the opponent due to all the new movement options. I just don't see how that would be the case if you can hear thrusting and mantling. Not to mention the spawn system is super predictable.

"Captain! Shilling reaching critical levels! Abort! ABORT!!!"

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Duji will recall a conversation pre-H5 that I had with someone he knows, in where I said that we've come to such a baffling point in the development of Halo that I wouldn't be surprised to see radar end up in competitive settings. He emphatically asserted that I was stupid, that 343 would never do that, and that they know what they're doing. 

This is where we are at in Halo's life. 

I almost couldn't +1 this because it made me so sad.   

• Upvote (+1) 2

If he really said that, then that is a moronic sentiment. Who said you were supposed to be able to directly track player movement? That's not a facet of Halo at all

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure what you mean, no radar is winning, I just worry about the poor souls who voted to keep it.

why is there a thread asking people if they want radar in competitive halo

• Upvote (+1) 2

Because 343i insists on keeping it, and I'm hoping this poll can influence them to make the right decision, and I shouldn't even have to pose this poll to begin with.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It has nothing to do with this forum and everything to do with 343's terrible management of HCS.

We are showing that nobody wants this garbage.

The people have spoken. Remove it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm hoping this poll can influence them to make the right decision

thats were ya messed up

It has nothing to do with this forum and everything to do with 343's terrible management of HCS.

as the competitive forum for halo i feel that even as much as asking the question is demoralizing because that means that we are legitimizing their settings assuming that there are people willing to vote FOR radar. thinking that a poll with a large majority of people voting against radar will change 343s view of "their halo" is futile.