CorporalWings0

Should radar stay on in the HCS?

183 members have voted

1. 1. Radar

• Keep radar
    • Remove radar

I really don't understand why they have to force us to play their settings, like it shouldn't matter at all. it CANT be just pride can it?

Guys?

Sooo, we're basing our competitive settings off of... Team Snipers now?

Yes..... Because it's been the only 4v4 playlist with no radar.... When you are in close range fights clamber and thruster makes no radar stupid. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

What I would like, is a radar that only shows people when they use abilities. So anyone who sprints, spartan charges, clambers, thrusts, or even uses mid air aim, get's shown on radar. That way, people aren't thrusting over your head like no radar promotes now, but people who are simply walking don't get shown. 

There is a middle area people.

• Downvote (-1) 3

I'm for no radar.

Personally, I don't see how the argument could be made in favor of radar regarding all of the movement options as well as increased verticality. Sure, it's a bit more difficult knowing where people are with these additions to Halo, but it still doesn't justify NEEDING radar. Halo CE offers way more verticality. Shadowrun has way more movement options. Neither NEEDED radar.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Frankly the idea that we need radar to prevent unpredictable positioning is anti halo. Knowing exactly where the enemy is coming from dumbs down the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been asking for no radar for over 8 months now. It would be nice to see it go, but the team at 343i just can't seem to let it go. Here's to hoping that 343i actually listens to the competitive community wanting it gone.

Yes..... Because it's been the only 4v4 playlist with no radar.... When you are in close range fights clamber and thruster makes no radar stupid. 

SWAT doesn't.

We shouldn't judge how SH/CTF/Slayer would work without radar when you're basing it off of a slow FR single shot weapon...

Revolutionary idea:

Radar that only works against spartan abilities.

That's a new idea, right guys? I mean, it's not like that was ever the plan before the game released. Haha, that'd be funny if it was.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 has shown absolutely no interest in the competitive quality of their games. And considering 343's track record with polls, it ultimately won't matter if 100 people vote against radar or 100,000. They'll do whatever the fuck they want to anyway.

I'm just going to quote myself here after that tweet.

We could write an entire fucking novel on radars effect on competitive Halo, both good and bad, explain in detail why we do not want it in our team based modes and those fuckers will STILL just go,"Lol, we're keeping it."

Sorry, but I'm really goddamn pissed right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can everyone who voted to remove radar please just quit halo? Halo has evolved. Please stop holding halo back.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What I would like, is a radar that only shows people when they use abilities. So anyone who sprints, spartan charges, clambers, thrusts, or even uses mid air aim, get's shown on radar. That way, people aren't thrusting over your head like no radar promotes now, but people who are simply walking don't get shown. 

I really don't get why people think this would solve anything. You want to punish players for moving optimally? If all of this movement bullshit is a problem, then remove it, but all this "middle area" does is put standard movement where crouch used to be. It doesn't solve the problem at all.

​We don't need compromise. We've had plenty of that and it resulted in idiocy like tiny motion tracker in competitive, and yet another attempted rebalance of sprint. Motion sensor should be removed and people should stop making excuses for it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I really don't get why people think this would solve anything. You want to punish players for moving optimally? If all of this movement bullshit is a problem, then remove it, but all this "middle area" does is put standard movement where crouch used to be. It doesn't solve the problem at all.

​We don't need compromise. We've had plenty of that and it resulted in idiocy like tiny motion tracker in competitive, and yet another attempted rebalance of sprint. Motion sensor should be removed and people should stop making excuses for it.

The reason there should be radar for abilities is because of how fast you can move in this game. You should have a slight warning before you get spartan charged by some guy.

• Downvote (-1) 4

The reason there should be radar for abilities is because of how fast you can move in this game. You should have a slight warning before you get spartan charged by some guy.

But then that slows the game down greatly due to how slow you move when not sprinting/thrusting.

Removing it completely is the best solution, one 343i does not want to do sadly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's clear that 343 does not listen to community feedback. We have a clear overwhelming majority from the forum that actually knows shit about competitive balance. I don't even know why we bother tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 3

^yup

i asked sal1ent just so i can say i made my thoughts known to them but after that i'm done waiting for nothing, which basically somes up my halo experience post halo 3. at least gears has a dev that actually listens to their community beit comp or casual... 

I used to think this.  But then i thought about it more.  and it doesnt make sense.

The point of not having radar is to 1) force better teamwork and communication 2) prevent camping 3) open up lanes for creative movement around the map and 4) allow high-level players to work at full speed.  

Having a radar that is only for sprinting and abilities seems like a good middle ground, but it has some major downfalls.

1) it punishes  you for using these new movement mechanics when you have the best opportunity to use them.  If this is the stance you want to take, why have them at all?

2) Its confusing for the player.  Once thing that 343 has right is that they want to unify the experience so that players can hop around and immediately be able to play the game with whatever list they choose.  The problem that they have is that they are so overly zealous about it, they refuse to even make reasonable accommodations.   Radar or no radar is easy to convey to the player.  You start a game and see the radar on your hud, or you start a game and dont.  anybody with half a brain will immediately know what that means, which is why thats a reasonable accommodation to make.  If you make it so that radar only shows sprinting and abilities, you now have a radar that still appears on your screen and looks the same, but doesn't work the same.  That could be frustrating for players below probably the high diamond/low Onyx level, which is where the majority of players live.

The solution? No radar at all. it's the most competitively viable option, and its really easy to convey to the player what is different about the gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maybe they should just get to the root of the problem you mentioned and take dumb ass spartan charge out to begin with.... along with all the other dumb ass spartan abilities.  They defile the core of Halo's spirit.  They don't belong.  

Cogitate on it a bit dood. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think that it would be better without radar but they way the game plays currently it just rewards crouching instead of being able to be fast and sneaky. I vote no radar.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Duji will recall a conversation pre-H5 that I had with someone he knows, in where I said that we've come to such a baffling point in the development of Halo that I wouldn't be surprised to see radar end up in competitive settings. He emphatically asserted that I was stupid, that 343 would never do that, and that they know what they're doing. 

This is where we are at in Halo's life.

You still owe me that money btw.