CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Now that i am at the airport...

i can handle server problems in matchmaking, aside from server issues and ghost meles this is the most fun i have had on halo since no bloom reach. 

the thing i dislike about pro league is that the servers stop individual players from carrying any momentum game by game. Ninja can drop 18 kills in a slayer on a great server and in the next game the same players he was destroying can flip and destroy him. Which is something i notice with him and other players on eg besides stellur. I think Stellur realizes that what you do in the previous games does not matter, and every single game in a series is different and you MUST reset in the begining of every game no matter how well you are doing. This is a VERY new thing in the past on lan and with consistant online servers players like ogre 2, fis, pistiola, walshy T2 etc would dominate an entire series... every single game they were double pos, most kills least deaths. That just cant/does not happen in h5.

It seems as if one or two players on the team get a good solid server, if those two players arent your main slayers you will most likely lose. 

Lets talk about EG.

should they have gotten rid of Victory X. yes. Stellur is an upgrade and victory is a better fit with naded and el town. they are a super nerdy objective team and probably would have poached cam  because eco made it seem he was leaving anyways. 

i am happy eg is coming to UGC st Louis, and will be attending Vegas. I have them playing NV(with apg or lxthul or ace or whoever replaced mikwen b/c he could not make it) in the finals at UGC St Louis. 

I much rather have a team that is consistently going up 2-0 against good teams and losing than anything else. My fix for EG right now is to Have much slower coms, and reset after every game, feel out the server in the begining of the game and play accordingly, let each other know who has the good server in the beginning of the game and play around them. If you have a bad server play a support role, if you have a good server play a slaying role everyone on the team is capable of being the mainslayer.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Have the ghost melee's gotten worse or something?

I've been hearing a lot about them lately

More so it's finally getting the attention it should have gotten from the get go.

I much rather have a team that is consistently going up 2-0 against good teams and losing than anything else. My fix for EG right now is to Have much slower coms, and reset after every game, feel out the server in the begining of the game and play accordingly, let each other know who has the good server in the beginning of the game and play around them. If you have a bad server play a support role, if you have a good server play a slaying role everyone on the team is capable of being the mainslayer.

I have an understanding of general networking, but since I don't really know how these online servers that they use work...is my understanding correct that they could potentially have each of the 8 individual players, playing on different servers?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have an understanding of general networking, but since I don't really know how these online servers that they use work...is my understanding correct that they could potentially have each of the 8 individual players, playing on different servers?

Probably more likely that the players are connecting to separate nodes that connect to the server. So someone's node may be closer to their home or have a shorter overall distance to travel to the server causing improved connection for that player.

They have to connect to the same server to play together, but all their connections to said server could be drastically different. If you live in california and I live in connecticut and we play a custom game together, it might connect us both to the East US server which would be a much better experience for me than for you.  I have 35 ping to that server, but you might have 150 which would give me more than a 1/10th of a second advantage.

One of the things said after the beta was that they were going to implement a server selector in the game https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/how-fans-helped-shape-the-multiplayer-of-halo-5-guardians but they renegged on that a few months later.    Wasn't a big deal at the time to be honest since the servers were good for a while, but man i wish we had that ability now.

Maybe these Ghost Melee's are just a Halloween Feature?

(has this joke already been made?)

• Upvote (+1) 5

Victory was the problem

lol.  Your inner T2 coming out being savage.

RoyBox teamed with Commonly, Suspector, and Victory.  all of which have gone to other teams and are now performing better.  Obviously the common thread here is not the players that were dropped.

T2 made the joke last night lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@CyReN made it. 

Even so, this has been going on for so long :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://twitter.com/CyReN_/status/791032405788332032

Didn't bother to read our feedback threads, but glad he read our jokes :simms:

T2 came in here and called this place a cesspool, and many of us responded by continuing to post positive, constructive feedback and pushing back against his gross, unfair generalization of the forum.

I was really hopeful he might see some of that and reconsider what I felt was largely a sensitive overreaction to a couple negative posters, but 

1ofL5KV.png

:mj:

here's hoping he just didn't log in.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think I'm done watching online Pro League Halo.

I really tried to give it a fair shot this season again but the game has so many issues (lagouts, glitches, spectator mode issues, settings, etc) and the 1 year is tomorrow with no real meaningful communication from the devs. Tie in the World Series is on with basketball and hockey back now too. Rather enjoy my Wednesday and Thursday nights than get frustrated as a fan.

I'll watch LAN events for sure, but online is just driving me to resent a franchise I once loved. Something has to be said good or bad so we can stop holding out hope. I hate posting shit like this, it doesn't do anything good but I need to vent.

Props to those that continue to support it and run the streams, wish I had that kind of will still. Good luck to all teams!

I hope you watched last night. It was very entertaining (and has been every week).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Victory wasn't the problem for EG, but Stellur wasn't the answer. Of course it doesn't help that Ninja is struggling a lot this season, but we can't ignore the recurring theme as of late with rosters consisting of RoyBox. Ever since Xgames, their biggest issue overall is closing out games. They played with Commonly and Snip3down. One being an obj mastermind and the other a reliable slayer. Snipedown and Suspector; reliable slayer and a methodical player. Recently Victory X and Ninja; a proven "glue" player and a wild card player. Something is wrong with EG at it's core and I don't think any mix of players will make them better as long as Roy and Lunchbox continue to team together.

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@loveprint Here is a total throwback for anybody interested and i'm not sure if this is up to snuff, but i made a 5k badge if you want to add it to your Halo Art Dump.

C8duRq4.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

Now that i am at the airport...

i can handle server problems in matchmaking, aside from server issues and ghost meles this is the most fun i have had on halo since no bloom reach.

the thing i dislike about pro league is that the servers stop individual players from carrying any momentum game by game. Ninja can drop 18 kills in a slayer on a great server and in the next game the same players he was destroying can flip and destroy him. Which is something i notice with him and other players on eg besides stellur. I think Stellur realizes that what you do in the previous games does not matter, and every single game in a series is different and you MUST reset in the begining of every game no matter how well you are doing. This is a VERY new thing in the past on lan and with consistant online servers players like ogre 2, fis, pistiola, walshy T2 etc would dominate an entire series... every single game they were double pos, most kills least deaths. That just cant/does not happen in h5.

It seems as if one or two players on the team get a good solid server, if those two players arent your main slayers you will most likely lose.

Lets talk about EG.

should they have gotten rid of Victory X. yes. Stellur is an upgrade and victory is a better fit with naded and el town. they are a super nerdy objective team and probably would have poached cam because eco made it seem he was leaving anyways.

i am happy eg is coming to UGC st Louis, and will be attending Vegas. I have them playing NV(with apg or lxthul or ace or whoever replaced mikwen b/c he could not make it) in the finals at UGC St Louis.

I much rather have a team that is consistently going up 2-0 against good teams and losing than anything else. My fix for EG right now is to Have much slower coms, and reset after every game, feel out the server in the begining of the game and play accordingly, let each other know who has the good server in the beginning of the game and play around them. If you have a bad server play a support role, if you have a good server play a slaying role everyone on the team is capable of being the mainslayer.

Dude. What?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Any word on ghost melee's? Or is it just crickets from 343.

343 is still too busy trying to turn Riptide into becoming the next Guardian
  • Upvote (+1) 1

T2 came in here and called this place a cesspool, and many of us responded by continuing to post positive, constructive feedback and pushing back against his gross, unfair generalization of the forum.

I was really hopeful he might see some of that and reconsider what I felt was largely a sensitive overreaction to a couple negative posters, but 

1ofL5KV.png

:mj:

here's hoping he just didn't log in.

i think he was embarrassed by how bad his post was

"ESA is gonna have sick production, that chatt tourney? amateur and low level"

"you are all pathetic"

like wat... i'm positive he reads the forums though, this is the only place on the internet to actually follow hcs storylines 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope you watched last night. It was very entertaining (and has been every week).

I stopped after the first match.