CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

God or Harambe

RIP Harambe. Someone help us get MLG back in the Scene... :(
  • Upvote (+1) 1

right, hence a much bigger risk in terms of failing to create a viable esport in 2017

No, that's not how it works.

Having a less popular game does not mean that you have to hold events that are bigger than more popular games. It has nothing to do with risk.

• Upvote (+1) 1

im sure the pro team does valuable work

highly doubt they are getting paid to stare at a wall for 8 hours, game dev companies are not like that at all 

I don't mean to be an ass, but they're just glorified game testers at this point. Neg me all you want, but that's how I feel.

I was excited to see them land jobs at 343 and really thought them along with Quin would bring a sick Halo MP that would live up to what H1-3 were and bring Halo back to the top of "eSports", but that just isn't the case IMHO.

I don't know if someone at 343 is holding them back or if they honestly think what they're doing MP wise is good, but I just don't see competitive Halo growing the way things are currently going.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@RyaNoob  Next time on your review show would love to see you break down some of the games from the PGL tourney, especially that last CTF.  What was MWs strat and how could it have been broken?

Looks like Che's probably going to Blizzard.

Living in California. Looking outside, and it has rained more today than it has for the rest of 2016

• Upvote (+1) 2

Would love to see a showmatch of NA casters vs EU casters!  

No Radar? BR Start? 

Haha I'd definitely watch this. #MuricaWin Requirements are Listen Ins lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

About to kill overwatch

they aren't gonna let him touch anything worthwhile, they know his track record

• Upvote (+1) 3

Did frankie train him in the ways of the janitor before leaving then?

• Upvote (+1) 2

i want to know whos idea it was to change the multi kill timer from 4 seconds to 5 seconds. 5 seconds is too long for a game this fast.

god bless 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't know his track record

From our perspective at least. I'm sure they know all about how hwc got 100k viewers though

Regarding Gears viewership..

It will continue to rise as long as OpTic continues to do well. The Green Wall is going to see how hype it is on Vision and that their team is winning, so they will start to watch. And I also believe that once the numbers get to a certain point, more and more people will flock to it viewership wise. Even if I didn't like GoW, if I went on twitch and saw a single GoW channel with say 30k viewers, I would tune in to see what's going on.

Terrible comparison. COD:

1. Has a small skillgap that is unappealing to PC gamers

Who are these mystical "PC gamers" who only ever want to play super hard and competitive games. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Are any of the EU casters ex-pros or at least were once competitors?

I want to say Simms competed at one point but not 100% sure. That's all I know. 

Overwatch isn't worthwhile :lxthul: 

I kid I kid. I'm sure he wouldn't be hired as a department head. Not at Blizzard at least. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lets not start bashing the dude when hes gone. Don't have to show him support but we don't have to roast him.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So does Battlefield 1 put to rest the notion that classic ability games can't be released and be successful? 343 please pay attention.

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@RyaNoob  Next time on your review show would love to see you break down some of the games from the PGL tourney, especially that last CTF.  What was MWs strat and how could it have been broken?

Prefer not to go over my own games for multiple reasons, as well as hating going over stomps because you don't learn positive and negative things. Those types of games just happen. When we beat 3sUP 3-0 in 2:30 and goosed rammy, I said once or twice that those games just happen. After the game, lifestyle said the same thing. Sometimes everything just goes right for you and you win.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So does Battlefield 1 put to rest the notion that classic ability games can't be released and be successful? 343 please pay attention.

No, it has sprint doesn't it?

It does. And I keep stopping sprinting to let my health regen like an idiot.

Sprint yes, but it's not filled with people jetpacking, thrusting, wall running etc.

Prefer not to go over my own games for multiple reasons, as well as hating going over stomps because you don't learn positive and negative things. Those types of games just happen. When we beat 3sUP 3-0 in 2:30 and goosed rammy, I said once or twice that those games just happen. After the game, lifestyle said the same thing. Sometimes everything just goes right for you and you win.

Thats fair.  Your not the only team that has been bulldozed on that map just would have been interesting to see it from more perspectives than just yours. I wasn't thinking about the goose, and I can understand why that would be frustrating.  You had some phenominal games too.  

Also, I saw a game where Optic was down pretty bad on that map and they found a way to break the setup and turn the game around.  It would be interesting to discuss when what a team can do when they have their backs to the wall.