CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Psh. Formal gets 12k in a YEAR. Gears is doing fine if they're getting that much at just one tourney

• Upvote (+1) 7

Interested to see how much Gears pulls in down the line. H2A had a shit ton of viewers because of that new game hype and it dropped off hard.

HWC and qualifying was the only event that peaked over 23k for Halo 5.

Gears with a dead esport scene and $25k in prizing hit that viewership in the very first event.

I'd say that's fairly decent.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

MLG managed to pull 100k viewers in a garbage game like CoD, I'm pretty sure they can do the same with a better game like GoW.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Man I really wish I liked gears. The structure is exactly what I want in a competitive game but just am not a huge fan of the shooter in general. Not enough depth overall or aim skill present but can get on board with the wall bouncing. I'll never forget the huge sold out halo side of meadowlands 08 being overshadowed by the tiny gears section.

Props to them on improving their scene regardless. Claps great with transiency on the forums. Hopefully one day he can help shed some insight on the questions I've asked.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Interested to see how much Gears pulls in down the line. H2A had a shit ton of viewers because of that new game hype and it dropped off hard.

maybe if the game actually fuckin worked

• Upvote (+1) 4

For those of us coming in from the weekend and not wanting to read 15,000 walls of text, here's your summary:

Radar, hitmarkers

unwarranted Gears love, splinter nades, ARs, rent

That cover it all?

ftfy

• Downvote (-1) 2

Man I really wish I liked gears. The structure is exactly what I want in a competitive game but just am not a huge fan of the shooter in general. Not enough depth overall or aim skill present but can get on board with the wall bouncing. I'll never forget the huge sold out halo side of meadowlands 08 being overshadowed by the tiny gears section.

Props to them on improving their scene regardless. Claps great with transiency on the forums. Hopefully one day he can help shed some insight on the questions I've asked.

Same here. Love the community, love the trash talk, love the structure. Just can't really stand the game from a competitive aspect.

Same here. Love the community, love the trash talk, love the structure. Just can't really stand the game from a competitive aspect.

My friends are obsessed with horde mode atm so on the rare occasions I play with them I'll lock in sniper class and buy as many decoys as possible. Pisses them off to no end. 

maybe if the game actually fuckin worked

Yeah, fair point.

I still believe we would have seen similar viewership. Three maps certainly didn't help, that was boring for everyone.

Just played MCC for the first time in about a year. Aiming across Halo 1-3 seems pretty similar. 5 is really odd in comparison. Maybe its the camera angle?

haha ya maybe

• Upvote (+1) 7

haha ya maybe

Well obviously it's different in H5 compared to previous titles I just wasn't sure if that is what actually makes it feel so different.

I realize I used pretty poor wording in my previous post. I was just wondering how much the camera angle changes the actual feel of aiming across the previous games compared to H5.

Well obviously it's different in H5 compared to previous titles I just wasn't sure if that is what actually makes it feel so different.

I realize I used pretty poor wording in my previous post. I was just wondering how much the camera angle changes the actual feel of aiming across the previous games compared to H5.

its probably the lower auto aim in H5. thats why its harder to aim for u

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just played MCC for the first time in about a year. Aiming across Halo 1-3 seems pretty similar. 5 is really odd in comparison. Maybe its the camera angle?

Halo 5's aiming mechanics are an outlier in the console shooter market. It's really bad imo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you're referring to the centered reticle, H1 had that as well and doesn't feel like garbage. 343 just ruined the sensitivity curves after the beta for no good reason and managed to make it feel completely inconsistent from game to game, based on connection or performance or your chakras.

• Upvote (+1) 2

its probably the lower auto aim in H5. thats why its harder to aim for u

I'd say I'm way better at H5 than i ever was at H2/3. I didn't say it was hard, but felt incredibly different. 

I'd say I'm way better at H5 than i ever was at H2/3. I didn't say it was hard, but felt incredibly different. 

im just fucking with you 343 ruined the aiming in halo 5 for no known reason.

• Upvote (+1) 1

im just fucking with you 343 ruined the aiming in halo 5 for no known reason.

Ah, I thought you were just genuinely being a dick.

I'm sure it's been speculated before, but what exactly was the pro team's input in this game? I just don't see former top level pros suggesting or agreeing to a majority of the mechanics/maps/weapons.

Ah, I thought you were just genuinely being a dick.

I'm sure it's been speculated before, but what exactly was the pro team's input in this game? I just don't see former top level pros suggesting or agreeing to a majority of the mechanics/maps/weapons.

No one knows.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1