CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So the "Honeymoon phase" in a relationship is when something is a new experience and everything is going great.

So uh, I guess I am failing to understand how it is a "No Radar Honeymoon" when radar being disabled has been the standard in 4v4 for over a decade... and Halo 5 is the first game where radar was enabled for 4v4...... so wouldnt radar being enabled be the REAL "honey moon" here?

Can an enlightened pro explain this one to me???? :simms:

Because then you would not be taking into to account halo 5 plays nothing like the other games...

I'm not an enlightened pro though, also don't think it takes one to know the difference.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can anyone explain the sudden usage of boltshots recently?

4sk and good up close. The reticule is easier up close than the pistol
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So the "Honeymoon phase" in a relationship is when something is a new experience and everything is going great.

So uh, I guess I am failing to understand how it is a "No Radar Honeymoon" when radar being disabled has been the standard in 4v4 for over a decade... and Halo 5 is the first game where radar was enabled for 4v4...... so wouldnt radar being enabled be the REAL "honey moon" here?

Can an enlightened pro explain this one to me????  :simms:

I mean it's pretty obvious right? I see your point that you're trying to make but with H5 and the ability to cross maps in 5 seconds and clamber everywhere I don't think it holds as much weigh as you think it does. 

Here's a question that involves reach at least.

Back in reach once no bloom no sprint came out (which to my recollection was pretty favorably wanted by most, including pros) there were a number of people (including pros like ninja and formal) that said things like "no bloom no sprint is just who sees who first" and "the dmr kills too fast now" etc. I don't know their opinions now but I do know these complaints died off shortly after awhile (for some reason or another). I think they were just used to playing reach a certain way, playing with sprint and bloom, being able to make certain plays, these plays no longer worked and they had to get used to playing the game again and weren't doing as well as they thought they should, so naturally they were upset.

Is this a similar situation, where basically people need to "learn to play" again? or nah?

Yea it could be, but I haven't given an endorsement to anything. Also the same could be said for no radar siding people so how about everyone does just that, wait and see if anything comes of it and if we're all still thinking that it's amazing in all aspects.

How do you feel about the "Only appear on radar when using a spartan ability" argument?

This is honestly a lot better than most people think. People can't groundpound and spartan charge will probably be really prominent in a full no radar setting after a while, also since people have moved on a little bit from no radar to sprint now just checking off the list it would make the game not be able to play out like that coli flag was. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

-snip-

What gives guys?

lol I'm KhanDesi on Twitch. Let me explain what happened there. It was Rig slayer, and the game was almost over. I think nV was up around 45-39ish, so they had the game on lock. But it turns out LG came back and won the game, so some punks who had been on halo5arena.com or something knew the outcome and came to the stream and started posting the final score of the game. The reaction was the expected "come on man, no spoilers!" and "I HATE SPOILERS", etc. I consider myself a benevolent troll (or at least not a malicious one), so I thought it'd be funny to post traditional spoilers in the chat. I included stuff like "Dumbledore dies in book 6" and "Bruce Willis was dead the whole time." I thought Star Wars episode 7 was fair game almost a year after release, but I am sorry for having upset you.

Or were you just upset at the general lack of context for my post? 

• Downvote (-1) 2

This is honestly a lot better than most people think. People can't groundpound and spartan charge will probably be really prominent in a full no radar setting after a while, also since people have moved on a little bit from no radar to sprint now just checking off the list it would make the game not be able to play out like that coli flag was. 

Due to the way Halo 5 is, I'd really like to see this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean it's pretty obvious right? I see your point that you're trying to make but with H5 and the ability to cross maps in 5 seconds and clamber everywhere I don't think it holds as much weigh as you think it does.

Yea it could be, but I haven't given an endorsement to anything. Also the same could be said for no radar siding people so how about everyone does just that, wait and see if anything comes of it and if we're all still thinking that it's amazing in all aspects.

Spartan abilities would get used way less, and wouldn't that just slow the game down to much? I honestly think in halo 5 and in halo 5 only, radar works. It basically nerfs spartan abilities.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lol I'm KhanDesi on Twitch. Let me explain what happened there. It was Rig slayer, and the game was almost over. I think nV was up around 45-39ish, so they had the game on lock. But it turns out LG came back and won the game, so some punks who had been on halo5arena.com or something knew the outcome and came to the stream and started posting the final score of the game. The reaction was the expected "come on man, no spoilers!" and "I HATE SPOILERS", etc. I consider myself a benevolent troll (or at least not a malicious one), so I thought it'd be funny to post traditional spoilers in the chat. I included stuff like "Dumbledore dies in book 6" and "Bruce Willis was dead the whole time." I thought Star Wars episode 7 was fair game almost a year after release, but I am sorry for having upset you.

Or were you just upset at the general lack of context for my post?

I was just wondering why my shitpost was enough go warrant a perma and others werent, its all good homie

I think the point Lethul is making is that if you guys are praising the game despite it actually not playing well, then you lose your credibility on the subject.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Im winning with radar on and if it's removed I might not be in good relative to other players so I'm going to play it safe and try to keep radar in the hcs"

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Good job commentating on the parts you actually commentated on, but I'm going to be straight up and down with you man. It got really tiring to hear you constantly make up different reasons as to why you think no radar is bad. 

The Truth CTF game was a perfect example of some comments I felt were highly unnecessary to stretch your bias towards it. 

"Okay.. I just have to say, I'm not a fan of this at all.. El Town just grabs the swords and immediately runs to the other side of the map and starts getting kills with it in nV's base."

Look at the choice of language you chose here. This sounded absolutely ridiculous for several reasons, but the main point I will point out is that I feel you went out of your way to bring this up. Radar/No Radar had nothing to do with this play. If a player can run across the entirety of the map from the very start of the game and get behind them and start killing them, that's just a bad awareness play on nV's part. Now obviously nV is the one of the best teams right now, and they're entitled to make simple mistakes like that, but this was just one of the very few comments you made throughout the entire series that I just felt, didn't needed to be pointed out (in reference to not having radar).

That being said, on the actual commentating of the games, you and @@Clicked did an excellent job.  

Being unsure about radar/no radar is fine. It's your personal opinion and no one can take your opinion away from you. I just had that slight critique on your commentary, because it seemed too highly in favor of radar and it seemed like you were just coming up with excuses on the fly as to why radar should be in the game instead of being impartial.

Trust me, I do not want radar in Halo as a whole. I took the Sword route as a more comedic approach because I was just insanely surprised by that happening within 10-15 seconds of the match. We weren't on the POV of the nV player that got sworded so there really is no way to know whether or not radar would or would not have helped them. I made the assumption that it would have. Regardless, that was a clear display of the absurdity of Halo 5 movement, so my point still stands.

I tried to stay as middle-ground as possible, bringing up the point that it could be snowball-y gameplay, or nV just dominating. It's definitely tough to tell when it is the first no radar match with money on the line. There simply isn't enough evidence to make a conclusion as of yet. I was playing the role of devil's advocate without trying to sound pro-Radar, so it was tough.

I appreciate your feedback and compliments, I was nervous going into such a high-stakes community event since this was my first 4v4 cast, and I'm always looking to improve. Both @@Clicked and I agreed that the speed of no radar made it extremely difficult to stay up to speed with the match.

I was rough around the edges but I strongly appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

So glad the radar being off the bottom left of the screen blinds you from the fact that coli flag played like an elementary school recess session. Non stop spawn OE and 5 caps in a very short time. 

I was going to bring this up on stream but didn't want to open with blaming no radar for that chaotic match. I don't think there was one traditional cave setup throughout that game. I tried to analyze those Bridge flag pulls but honestly it was pretty absurd.

Chat: "NADEDS NO RADAR AWARENESS IS SICKKKK"

The discussion and controversy this is causing is good for HCS I think. It's been getting a little stale as of late with LethuL not switching teams and all that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Trust me, I do not want radar in Halo as a whole. I took the Sword route as a more comedic approach because I was just insanely surprised by that happening within 10-15 seconds of the match. We weren't on the POV of the nV player that got sworded so there really is no way to know whether or not radar would or would not have helped them. I made the assumption that it would have. Regardless, that was a clear display of the absurdity of Halo 5 movement, so my point still stands.

I tried to stay as middle-ground as possible, bringing up the point that it could be snowball-y gameplay, or nV just dominating. It's definitely tough to tell when it is the first no radar match with money on the line. There simply isn't enough evidence to make a conclusion as of yet. I was playing the role of devil's advocate without trying to sound pro-Radar, so it was tough.

I appreciate your feedback and compliments, I was nervous going into such a high-stakes community event since this was my first 4v4 cast, and I'm always looking to improve. Both @@Clicked and I agreed that the speed of no radar made it extremely difficult to stay up to speed with the match.

I was rough around the edges but I strongly appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

In all honesty, you weren't rough around the edges at all. Everything else in your commentary was pretty good, especially knowing that you guys aren't even professional casters. That's literally the only critique I had towards the commentating in general. Kudos to everything otherwise!

• Upvote (+1) 1

In all honesty, you weren't rough around the edges at all. Everything else in your commentary was pretty good, especially knowing that you guys aren't even professional casters. That's literally the only critique I had towards the commentating in general. Kudos to everything otherwise!

I really appreciate that. Thank you! Can only improve from here :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looking to what Spartan said in his video I agree that it's stupid to say a player wouldn't be a pro without radar.

Teams will have to play differently though. This is being seen as a bad thing by some but personally I think it's a good idea to keep a game evolving. If no radar forces teams to change strategies and develop new ones that's something that as a spectator I will enjoy.

New maps, game types and changing mechanics are all good ways of preventing the game from becoming stale and repetitive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spartan abilities would get used way less, and wouldn't that just slow the game down to much? I honestly think in halo 5 and in halo 5 only, radar works. It basically nerfs spartan abilities.

Why would they be used less? The show up on radar now already and people use it fine.

Good job commentating on the parts you actually commentated on, but I'm going to be straight up and down with you man. It got really tiring to hear you constantly make up different reasons as to why you think no radar is bad.

The Truth CTF game was a perfect example of some comments I felt were highly unnecessary to stretch your bias towards it.

"Okay.. I just have to say, I'm not a fan of this at all.. El Town just grabs the swords and immediately runs to the other side of the map and starts getting kills with it in nV's base."

Look at the choice of language you chose here. This sounded absolutely ridiculous for several reasons, but the main point I will point out is that I feel you went out of your way to bring this up. Radar/No Radar had nothing to do with this play. If a player can run across the entirety of the map from the very start of the game and get behind them and start killing them, that's just a bad awareness play on nV's part. Now obviously nV is the one of the best teams right now, and they're entitled to make simple mistakes like that, but this was just one of the very few comments you made throughout the entire series that I just felt, didn't needed to be pointed out (in reference to not having radar).

That being said, on the actual commentating of the games, you and @@Clicked did an excellent job.

Being unsure about radar/no radar is fine. It's your personal opinion and no one can take your opinion away from you. I just had that slight critique on your commentary, because it seemed too highly in favor of radar and it seemed like you were just coming up with excuses on the fly as to why radar should be in the game instead of being impartial.

Some of those comments really irked me as well but on the whole I thought this invitational was great.

I was just wondering why my shitpost was enough go warrant a perma and others werent, its all good homie

Misery loves company, I feel for you, my brother in trolling. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really appreciate that. Thank you! Can only improve from here :)

Needs more usage of the word "hectic".

:lxthul:

After watching tonight, I personally don't think I can go back to watching it with radar. I'm not saying anyone else should feel that way, it's just my opinion. I've been struggling enough watching with sprint and spartan abilities, but after getting a little taste of dinner, I can't deal with them taking the whole plate away.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We had no sound against epsilon at Worlds, and even with Radar I was getting stealth bombed and spartan charged with no hope. No Radar would quickly bring in a lot more usage in them in my opinion. Also guys... I would like to say 1 thing to people now saying we have to take out sprint..... think of getting around these maps with no sprint. Think about it? the speed at getting around, the lack of jumps you could do... that's like cutting half the game out. 

People who suggest getting rid of sprint also ask to boost base speed. 

• Upvote (+1) 4