CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So glad we have a united front.

Meh, everyone has their own view. Its all good. 

Me personally, I have no horse in this race, I dont compete. I thought most of the matches were really fun to watch. Both teams playing in the invitational also seemed to think it was better.

So glad the radar being off the bottom left of the screen blinds you from the fact that coli flag played like an elementary school recess session. Non stop spawn OE and 5 caps in a very short time. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

see this is why 343 should reserve the right to fire players.

Anyone anti-radar who's going against 343's settings and dividing this community should be barred from ever competing in Halo again, and the league should be rebuilt around Lethul and Spartan

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

So glad the radar being off the bottom left of the screen blinds you from the fact that coli flag played like an elementary school recess session. Non stop spawn OE and 5 caps in a very short time.

When H5 first came out it was just as hectic. If they played more than 1 time on the map I'm sure it wouldn't be nearly as bad. Plus people are used to the game with radar it's a big adjustment.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

To be fair, that "terrible" Coli CTF game was their first game without radar. I wonder if it would've played any differently if Coli CTF was thrown in later on in the series.

Just to be clear, I feel that Coli CTF game was extremely fast and awkward to watch. Not really expressing an opinion on radar or no radar yet.

• Upvote (+1) 7

From the sounds of it most of the pro players haven't even tested it / had extensive playing time. So there's that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When H5 first came out it was just as hectic. If they played more than 1 time on the map I'm sure it wouldn't be nearly as bad. Plus people are used to the game with radar it's a big adjustment.

This is exactly right

see this is why 343 should reserve the right to fire players.

Anyone anti-radar who's going against 343's settings and dividing this community should be barred from ever competing in Halo again, and the league should be rebuilt around Lethul and Spartan

I'm talking strictly Coli flag right there and in my last post. If you guys are gonna form your opinions but can't even see how that game played then maybe the honeymoon needs to finish before you guys try to make your final drafts. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I'm talking strictly Coli flag right there and in my last post. If you guys are gonna form your opinions but can't even see how that game played then maybe the honeymoon needs to finish before you guys try to make your final drafts.

yes mr.tj

sry mr.tj

• Upvote (+1) 5

­

Radar just looks bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So other than Coli Flag (Which was the first game played with no radar after they have never tested), what are your thoughts? 

There were some games that can only be described as messy.

How much of that comes down to no radar v Pros playing on settings they've never played before and overcompensating I don't know. 

At times as a spectator, it was much more enjoyable to watch. Other times it became too chaotic to follow. 

i hope other pros can test it as well as the same pros playing it again before any definitive opinions are formed either way. It was never going to be something that magically made the game better to watch straight away, due to the big adjustment. 

Will be interesting to see what the Pros have to say about how it felt in game.

How do you feel about the "Only appear on radar when using a spartan ability" argument?

I agree. some of the anti-no radar comments in the commentary were a bit of a reach.

Using reach to help your argument? Bold move here let's see how it works. 

Here's a question that involves reach at least.

Back in reach once no bloom no sprint came out (which to my recollection was pretty favorably wanted by most, including pros) there were a number of people (including pros like ninja and formal) that said things like "no bloom no sprint is just who sees who first" and "the dmr kills too fast now" etc. I don't know their opinions now but I do know these complaints died off shortly after awhile (for some reason or another). I think they were just used to playing reach a certain way, playing with sprint and bloom, being able to make certain plays, these plays no longer worked and they had to get used to playing the game again and weren't doing as well as they thought they should, so naturally they were upset.

Is this a similar situation, where basically people need to "learn to play" again? or nah?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Question: How would you guys feel if the ability to slide directly after thrusting was removed, therefore reducing the amount of "flying" that goes on?

The game becomes less erratic, but slower. Would any aspects of the game really suffer badly?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I liked the pacing of Coli flag, and I take the result with a grain of salt because it was 1st no radar game.

However, I 100% understand why you wouldn't like it. Playing fast paced hide and seek can't be that good. If they got the chance to play it again I'd be interested to see what happens.