CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah, I'm on Helljumper as well. I feel it suits the button layout better.

I made the switch to HJ (which we all know is inherently worse than BJ :kappa: ) too long ago, and I can't get used to hitting RS to zoom in and out again when LT feels so much more intuitive.

Its pretty hard/uncomfortable to do trick jumps with Helljumper though. Those moments when you need to hold both Lb and Lt. For ppl that use only one finger fir both Lb and Lt anyway. Fixable with controllers with extra buttons/paddles. That is what i do.

Btw, i bought Horipad Pro. Cheapest Xbox controller with programmable paddles and I am pretty surprised how solid it is. Triggers are much harder to press but you can get use to it. Paddles feels comfortable. It's wired and it has jack connector for headset.

I feel like the finals should be bottom 2 teams in relegation have their matches on friday then the top 6 + teams from relegation are in a champ bracket for saturday and sunday. Seems like that would make the most sense. Teams from both the lower end of the pro teams and the higher end of the AM teams are getting close in skill and it sucks that the 5-6 teams just play to retain their spot. Personally i think for next season that the pro team limit should be increased depending on how some of these next events go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At this point top 6 should definately be in the tourney. Their exclusion feels so arbitrary. There are a number of ways to reward a top 4 placement while having 5/6 still participate. AND it would open the door for more drama- which attracts viewers.

• Upvote (+1) 5

@@Timo

Can someone remind me why we are only inviting top four to the finals again with the season as close as it is this season I think 5th/6th should be going as well.

They should all go.  7/8 play in relegation.  whoever comes out of relegation gets seeded as 7/8 in the double elim. tourney.  simple and dramatic.

At this point top 6 should definately be in the tourney. Their exclusion feels so arbitrary. There are a number of ways to reward a top 4 placement while having 5/6 still participate. AND it would open the door for more drama- which attracts viewers.

100% ^^.  It is arbitrary. all 8 teams + relegation should participate. You can reward all the teams by paying more for pro league or at the tourney itself.  And don't use the "budget" excuse when the last worlds was 2.5 mil and the next is at least 1 mil. IIRC. or the "it takes more time to run a tourney like that".  If 128 team tourneys can be run friday - sunday, surely you can make it work when there are 118 less teams.

• Upvote (+1) 9

df3a07835f1cd62a26841aa21054ff36.png

Eg is fucking horrible.

*Is only a game from 3rd*

People wanted a closer league then complain when teams lose

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Eg is fucking horrible.

I think it's that they have gone from tied for 1st and beating Optic. To haven't won a series in the last 2 weeks of play.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Eg is fucking horrible.

this just shows having 4 teams at finals is a sham.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It also shows inconsistency from the teams outside of top 2.

Its pretty hard/uncomfortable to do trick jumps with Helljumper though. Those moments when you need to hold both Lb and Lt. For ppl that use only one finger fir both Lb and Lt anyway. Fixable with controllers with extra buttons/paddles. That is what i do.

Btw, i bought Horipad Pro. Cheapest Xbox controller with programmable paddles and I am pretty surprised how solid it is. Triggers are much harder to press but you can get use to it. Paddles feels comfortable. It's wired and it has jack connector for headset.

What? I completely disagree that it's hard to do jumps. It feels extremely natural for me.

I literally just use my index finger for LB and then slide my middle finger up for the LT stabilize. It took me maybe 20 minutes to get used to

• Upvote (+1) 1

What? I completely disagree that it's hard to do jumps. It feels

extremely natural for me.

I literally just use my index finger for LB and then slide my middle finger up for the LT stabilize. It took me maybe 20 minutes to get used to

I cant do that, its very uncomfortable/hard for me. Been using index finger for both lb and Lt since Ps1. Paddles fix that for me though.

The fact that finals is reserved for only 4 of the 6+ deserving teams makes the competition that much more meaningful.  Each match and each win is important.  I like not absolutely knowing who will make it in.

In case you guys missed my stream last night, here's the new Up To Speed episode on our team. There were a few delays in getting it on stream before the first match started but every week from now on will have each weeks episode streamed on Wednesday's right before pro league starts. 

Awesome vid, sucks for Victory X....years later and he is still criminally under-rated.

Yeah, I'm on Helljumper as well. I feel it suits the button layout better.

I made the switch to HJ (which we all know is inherently worse than BJ :kappa: ) too long ago, and I can't get used to hitting RS to zoom in and out again when LT feels so much more intuitive.

I'm the opposite. I tried HJ and played on it for a solid week but I always felt like LT zoom wasn't right so I had to switch back.

I'm the opposite. I tried HJ and played on it for a solid week but I always felt like LT zoom wasn't right so I had to switch back.

LT to aim seems more logical but I got so used to using zoom with RS that I couldn't get used to that, Bumper Jumper Master Race.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hate to see this stuff.

That would be super shitty if ESL wouldn't let them use a sub. I understand the Cratos hate, but if he wants to be there for his sister, he deserves that right.

• Upvote (+1) 6

That would be super shitty if ESL wouldn't let them use a sub. I understand the Cratos hate, but if he wants to be there for his sister, he deserves that right.

Most people would see the baby the day after. Just speaking as an uncle.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

damn it feels good to be back, you dont know how much you miss something till its taken away. Seeing comments you want to respond to and cant:

hold-fart-intensifies_fb_2915237.jpg

thoughts:

1) I still think EG can BEE( :kappa: ) a solid top 4 squad. Im not a betting man but if i were id say they beat OpTic tonight.

2) Victory X, in the words of mark jackson "Mama there goes that man". The dude is the gorilla glue to every team and RARELY makes mistakes. I wish he was on EG still but glad to see he his winning already with his new squad.

3) Hate to see the H1Z1 Ninja talk being brought up again but i feel at least this time around, people are on ninja's side and understand other pros dont stream what they do in their free time. 

4) Lastly, its so cool to see LOL perform like a top team again and i hope they can take down envy. Hope apg wasnt trolling when he accidentally mentioned  "Str8 Rippin" on stream because id go from 6 to midnight at the thought of rooting for a Str8 Rippin lineup again and possibly getting Str8 skins or apparel.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To me, EG had two of the top slayers in the game in Roy and Ninja and two of the best objective/support players in the game (and of all time) in Victory and Lunch.

Then they swap out Victory for Stellur, who is damn fucking good and i'd also say one of the best slayers in the game, but not what the team needed when you already have Roy and Ninja.

I think Victory was better for them, he doesnt put up huge numbers but is always clutch as fuck and making the important plays that are needed.

Also, played some no radar customs with a friend who's first Halo was H5 and he is completely lost and raging constantly. As funny as it is to see, it makes me think that it will alienate a few of the newcomers who made their start in H5 if it is removed.

and I can't wait to tell them to "adapt" :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

HCS > Law School

BFyWbcW.jpg

Very off topic, but... that's awesome! What school?

I got accepted a few years ago but didn't go through with it.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Hate to see this stuff.

Meh, stuff like this happens all the time with real jobs so I don't see the issue.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2