CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

it's also like... another more inappropriate analogy that will remain implied...

303.gif

Sorry Mike, teambeyond a bit slow on the uptake today.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Speaking to your blanket statement, not to the state of weapons in Halo 5:

If they are aiming skillfully, why not?

I agree the precision weapons should have faster perfect kill times, but why shouldn't automatics be able to fight back when given skillful aiming mechanics?

Just how much skill does utilizing the tap accuracy add? It gives the weapon a sense of depth, allowing a player to hit shots way farther by sacrificing a bit of their kill times. Pretend this didn't exist, how skillful would you consider aiming autos to be? Considering the relatively small maximum spread compared to other games with autos, and some ridiculous bullet magnetism I wouldn't say it's difficult at all to use an auto.

With that said it brings me to my point. Tapping does allow a player to use the weapon in a more skillful manner, but it's not really much different than a Halo CE player holding the trigger on the pistol rather than tap firing. Nobody really considers tap firing the pistol skillful, just that holding down the trigger is incredibly dumb.

Check out the SMG in Shadowrun. People still complained about it being a noob weapon, but there was so much spread, bloom, and kick on that weapon combined with a lack of bullet magnetism compared to H5. Nobody really considers it a skillful weapon even with though it's a lot harder to use effectively.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's funny because people are talking about how Ninja playing H1Z1 is having a negative impact on his Halo and I'm sitting here thinking how him playing Halo is having a negative impact on his Twitch viewership.

I should note that I'm not even particularly a Ninja fan, I'm pretty highly critical of him in regards to Halo but I have to admit that he's a fantastic streamer.

agreed - one of the very best

People seeming to call out particular problems with Stellur at EG after one Pro League game.

:kappa:

the twins are never the problem, dont you know?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Why does everyone veto Stasis? I've heard it's imbalanced and gives an advantage to one team (blue?), but what exactly about it makes it so bad that nobody ever wants to play it?

It's not a good map.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Hello TB people. I've been lurking here for a few weeks, now I finally made an account. For the most part I've been enjoying watching the Pro League matches, but I'm a filthy casual, so I'm hoping you guys can answer something for me:

Why does everyone veto Stasis? I've heard it's imbalanced and gives an advantage to one team (blue?), but what exactly about it makes it so bad that nobody ever wants to play it?

One side has an advantage, basically.

Since most teams are vetoing it, it's probably going to be gone leading into worlds. Or they'll try to stick a Binary Rifle on it and call it a day.

• Upvote (+1) 4

One side has an advantage, basically.

Since most teams are vetoing it, it's probably going to be gone leading into worlds. Or they'll try to stick a Binary Rifle on it and call it a day.

So is it a spawn issue? Uneven weapon placements? Something about the actual geometry? I'm just trying to figure out why it's so unanimously considered biased to one team.

The difference is that for Tony Romo playing football is his primary occupation that pays him millions of dollars, so if golf is getting in the way of him performing at his best then he should probably play less golf. For ninja his primary occupation is streaming, with his secondary occupation being pro halo, so it is in his financial best interest to stream H1Z1 a lot more than he plays halo. It sucks as EG fans because we want to see him play his best, and for the team to do well, but his reasons for not playing more halo make sense. 3/4 of EG play halo as a secondary occupation, and given the state of halo esports, and how old they are, it makes sense. Why aren't people calling out Roy and Lunch for their day jobs? If people start to look at ninja streaming H1Z1 as his day job, it will make it easier to understand why EG is struggling...  

People call out RoyBox all the time. Especially Lunch. At the end of the day, pros have lives outside of Halo, and they get to decide what they do with them. They need to do these things so they can continue to have careers and support themselves whenever they decide they're finished competing. Would they be better if they dropped their entire lives to grind Halo 24/7? Possibly, but they'd also hate it, and they'd be screwing over their future lives. 

Ninja definitely gets a lot of flame because his community is so large and because it's cool to hate on people who are well-liked and supported, but this is not a problem that's unique to him. It comes from a part of the community that the fact that they sit and watch hours of pro competition means they know what the pros should do with their time better than the pros do. We should all try being supportive for a change.

*PS not calling you out either @@theconman, it was just your post that sparked my thought.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So is it a spawn issue? Uneven weapon placements? Something about the actual geometry? I'm just trying to figure out why it's so unanimously considered biased to one team.

Actual geometry.

It's actually fairly different.

ninja goes -15 in the last game, with no momentum on eg's side, but no one talks about stellur dropping 9 kills in empire strongholds when the series was tied. stop piling on one person because its a fun trend that gets you upvotes and an ego boost. it is a team game and they lost as a team. 

gimme some fin bro

• Upvote (+1) 1

His playstyle isn't a universal plug and play kind of fit, and he does need specific styles around him to work well.  His teammates need to be able to stay alive longer than usual and buy time for him to get into the positions he wants to capitalize on what he brings to a team.

Outsider looking in at a very aggressive Ninja and Roy makes me think keeping Victory would have been a better choice. I guess time will tell. Maybe Towey and 2gre help mitigate stuff.  

Random question, how many pros actually leave auto-stabilize on? I know Suspector, Naded, Royal 2 do for sure. Who else?

Danoxide. He and R2 were talking on Twitter about Dan having a sick play against Matt using the auto-stabilize.

I love it, because it makes the thrust jumps off the boxes on fathom complete cake to complete. Actually it makes a lot of the jumps easier. I get the idea of having it off so you can jump and ADS at the same time (probably optimal), but I've tested it with my own play enough to know I get the most benefit when it's on.

When I turn it off I actually end up with more average "hang time" during a fight, because I get jumpy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What are the current standings? I didn't see anyone post them yesterday after the games

Final Boss was winning, then Saiyan started playing WoW, they started losing and he got dropped. They were the best team. EG isnt that and from what it looks like, Ninja isnt the only one whos not playing enough Halo on the team. As long as hes playing as much as RoyBox then its not a problem. 

I dont like the argument that what you do outside of Halo shouldn't matter. Thats only the case if you absolutely cannot put more time into Halo. There's a direct correlation with how much the EG rosters plays and their current placing in the pro league. If everyone on Optic had full time jobs, went to school and then ONLY scrimmed, they would be getting dominated too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

T2 is so toxic. Making the broadcast a cesspool.  :lxthul:

It's that whole Moneymatches crew lmfao a bunch of douchebag shitheads who think they are the hottest shit ever.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Danoxide. He and R2 were talking on Twitter about Dan having a sick play against Matt using the auto-stabilize.

I love it, because it makes the thrust jumps off the boxes on fathom complete cake to complete. Actually it makes a lot of the jumps easier. I get the idea of having it off so you can jump and ADS at the same time (probably optimal), but I've tested it with my own play enough to know I get the most benefit when it's on.

When I turn it off I actually end up with more average "hang time" during a fight, because I get jumpy.

Depends on your dexterity, controller grip, and button layout. I play on Bumper Jumper with Manual Stabilize and have no problem doing Boost Jumps

I turned it off and it was good.  But i have since switched from Bumper Jumper to Helljumper, so stabilize sniping always double zooms.  Maybe i should try auto again...