CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

yeah honestly maybe its just because I don't follow league or anything but that doesn't make sense to me. It's not like EnVyUs went out and contacted Snipedown and Huke under their org's noses, the players just made plans for the upcoming season. It's not like Snipedown was even acting on behalf of EG.

How long are Halo contracts for though? Do players sign for a season, a year, or...?

Well we know from Snipedown's apology that he did exactly that. He contacted Huke without getting consent from E6. EG are liable (I assume) for his actions since he was still under contract with EG at the time, even though we all know he was planning on going to nV.

Poaching rules are in place in LoL to help mitigate the risks the orgs are taking on by participating in a league that has relegations. When teams get relegated, they are literally fucked because they lose sponsor support, which is where the majority of revenue is made in esports. Right now in Halo, the players essentially hold all the power when it comes to team changes. Poaching rules help the orgs by getting rid of some of the "shadiness" that has been so prevalent in the halo scene throughout the years. 

There is a pretty big debate in LoL right now that includes how orgs are making money in the scene. If you're really interested, I'd check out Montecristo's Youtube video on the topic. It's very interesting and definitely applies to halo as well in some respects.

Link to the video:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree for the most part. My only issue with LG is Danoxide and Eco had issues with consistency on Liquid last split. I think the addition of el town and Naded could help with that. I'm a big fan of Eco and think he's pretty underrated, so I'd love to see that squad take the 3rd spot.

So true. See, my predictions of LG getting 3rd are highly dependent on them showing up on LAN, and out of the 4 player on this team, I'd say all but El Town have had hugely inconsistent LAN performances.

Poaching rules are in place in LoL to help mitigate the risks the orgs are taking on by participating in a league that has relegations. When teams get relegated, they are literally fucked because they lose sponsor support, which is where the majority of revenue is made in esports. Right now in Halo, the players essentially hold all the power when it comes to team changes. Poaching rules help the orgs by getting rid of some of the "shadiness" that has been so prevalent in the halo scene throughout the years.

I would think it has less to do with it being an esports league that has relegation (talking about Halo, not LoL), and more about helping to protect teams from being put in a bad position when a player wants to move last minute. It's not like these orgs are going to block moves that the player wants to make. With a contract system and it being necessary for teams to terminate or transfer playing rights, now more heads up is needed for a player to move, so 11th hour roster changes (for ex lethul going from EG to CLG) don't blindside a team losing a player. That's just my assumption though.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It's not like EnVyUs went out and contacted Snipedown and Huke under their org's noses

Actually that exactly what happened, with Huke at least.

I mean Snipedown said it in his apology. There is a difference between poaching a player and them actively seeking a new team.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I would think it has less to do with it being an esports league that has relegation (talking about Halo, not LoL), and more about helping to protect teams from being put in a bad position when a player wants to move last minute. It's not like these orgs are going to block moves that the player wants to make. With a contract system and it being necessary for teams to terminate or transfer playing rights, now more heads up is needed for a player to move, so 11th hour roster changes (for ex lethul going from EG to CLG) don't blindside a team losing a player. That's just my assumption though.

Yea overall they are in place to help the orgs by reducing volatility. As for halo, it's hard to say since we have no idea if anti poaching rules are even in place lol.

Anti poaching rules helps teams from getting screwed over. Halo needs them if there aren't any in place

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wonder how Cloud 9 feels about losing their whole team and league spot. 

I think they'll come in last minute around a big payout and pick up a qualified team, take their cut and dip out again.

aka, I don't think they really care, just upset they can't take advantage of the situation this time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont wanna hate Maniac but hes making it so hard. The kid just rubs me the wrong way these days.

I don't hate Maniac but the dude better be treating Formal to dinner every other day, if Matt Piper didn't decide to go with him for the MCC Invitational there is no chance in hell Maniac would've gotten to where he currently is in the Halo scene on Optic. 

So Heinz is Optic's 4th

Why didn't they announce it?

Saving it for the next Vision, maybe? Stupid, since everyone will already know by then anyways.

So Heinz is Optic's 4th

Why didn't they announce it?

Maybe because the halo team doesn't run the organization and Hecz wants to announce it at a better time?

Why is Optic even in the League when they are scared to scrim CLG and prolly nV as well...  Optic is scrimming a bunch or randoms which is a waste of time... 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 16

Maybe because the halo team doesn't run the organization and Hecz wants to announce it at a better time?

Or they didn't know who to pick so they chose a 4th until the last moment.

I don't hate Maniac but the dude better be treating Formal to dinner every other day, if Matt Piper didn't decide to go with him for the MCC Invitational there is no chance in hell Maniac would've gotten to where he currently is in the Halo scene on Optic.

What?

That was long before Maniac was a part of Optic. That team didn't even go as Optic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In a way, I'm surprised Ninja went with Roybox + Towey.

Because those three are so well respected by the community that if anything goes wrong, he's gonna get the brunt of it. And thats nothing new to Ninja, but it could be worse this time around.

But then again of course he'd team with them.

Also, top five: CLG, nV, Luminosity, Liquid, E6.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People can rag on E6's logo all they want but that looks like absolute ass.

LGs logo isn't even bad, but that mock-up is. :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The snipedown apology was the minimum he should have had to do, given that he was effectively trying to take a player to join a team he wasn't even confirmed to be on yet. Weird situation not helped by the rules. Still super excited to see how far nV will go, although I really hope EG can do well - Halo needs orgs with history in the scene to remain competitive.

Also, I think the pick up of 2gre as an analyst (alongside Towey as coach) could be a great thing for EG. I think EG has a lot of potential if they can get everything to click, and I think 2gre will be able to use his experience to make points to the twins and ninja that Towey may not be able to make.

In a way, I'm surprised Ninja went with Roybox + Towey.

Because those three are so well respected by the community that if anything goes wrong, he's gonna get the brunt of it. And thats nothing new to Ninja, but it could be worse this time around.

But then again of course he'd team with them.

Also, top five: CLG, nV, Luminosity, Liquid, E6.

While I do agree with the point you make about Ninja getting the brunt of the blame. He also has his own fan base which is very passionate about him.

Woke up to hear that Huke and Snip3down joined nV. Now I don't care how the rest of my day goes.

Also EG could become a great contender for Top 4 if they listen to what Towey says. EG makes a lot of small mistakes which cost them games, but with Towey's and now OGRE2's guidance they could surely avoid the mistakes and win easy games.

• Upvote (+1) 1