CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I really wish Ninja would retire from Halo. He would be able to play whatever he wants, whenever he wants. The amount of shit talking he gets would drastically go down amd I believe he would be happier in his day to day life. I love the guy and everything he has done for Halo, but it feels like its time to step away and move on to the next chapter in his story.

Kinda reminds me of Nadeshot, he seems a lot happier since he stopped playing at a top level and focusing on content.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Okay, both of you ignored the question I asked, and replied based off strictly Halo 5's weapon balance and sandbox design.

If the randomness of automatic sprays were removed, and given either a predictable vertical+horizontal recoil system a la Battlefield, or a consistent spray pattern a la Counter Strike, where you always know how the gun is going to fire if you hold down the trigger...

Then why should Autos not be able to ALSO have fast kill times?

Precision weapons should have faster perfect kill times than Automatics. But that shouldn't mean automatics are incapable of beating a precision weapon at medium range if the precision user is missing.

I didn't ignore anything you said... I don't even think we are disagreeing.

I'm all for There being a there being an automatic skill gap. Im all for a skilled automatic user being able to kill a less skilled pistol user. I just think that if both players perform perfectly, the pistol user should win AND that at mid range the pistols characteristics would ALWAYS make the pistol the ideal weapon to use.

If tapping the trigger makes the automatic a easier to use midrange weapon than the pistol, I'd say we have a problem.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's funny because people are talking about how Ninja playing H1Z1 is having a negative impact on his Halo and I'm sitting here thinking how him playing Halo is having a negative impact on his Twitch viewership.

I should note that I'm not even particularly a Ninja fan, I'm pretty highly critical of him in regards to Halo but I have to admit that he's a fantastic streamer.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Anyone have a clip of Lethul's interview last night?  I saw in the Twitch chat that he was firing shots, and would like to know what he said.  I always love Lethul banter.

Im all for a skilled automatic user being able to kill a less skilled pistol user.

I just think that if both players perform perfectly, the pistol user should win

AND that at mid range the pistols characteristics would ALWAYS make the pistol the ideal weapon to use.

If tapping the trigger makes the automatic a easier to use midrange weapon than the pistol, I'd say we have a problem.

Agreed with you on all four points here.

Addendum to #3, though, you shouldn't "automatically" lose to a Pistol at mid range just because you still had an auto out when you first saw the player.  You shouldn't be unable to damage him just because you still had an auto out.  (Granted, pistol swap speed is so fast that often you're only at a one or two shot disadvantage if you do switch auto to pistol, but that's still huge.)

Funny, Nintendo just added a radar to Zelda and so did 343i to Halo 5 HCS.

Bonnie Ross is the head of 343i AND Nintendo?

Just wait until they announce the new Sheikah AR. You'll probably have to aim it by moving around the gamepad though, so aiming it will actually be a challenge :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

In 2 of my posts I say I agree with that, I would play h1z1 too if I was making that kind of money from it. However he is a professional halo player too. Making money from another source doesn't magically protect him from criticism or speculation as to the reasons for his poor performance. We're fans right? We're allowed to discuss why players aren't playing up to their full potential or having inconsistent performances.

even before he started h1z1 ninja has always been a streaky player. He would have games where he could not be stopped then the very next game it seems like he just lost his mind. I don't get why all of a sudden people thinks its because he is playing h1z1.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Random question, how many pros actually leave auto-stabilize on? I know Suspector, Naded, Royal 2 do for sure. Who else?

Random question, how many pros actually leave auto-stabilize on? I know Suspector, Naded, Royal 2 do for sure. Who else?

Most don't to my knowledge, because of how often people want to just jump-peak.  Also, if you have a paddle for Sprint it's really easy to just play normal.

Ninja has Spoken

It's pretty hard to argue with this. Streaming is this man's job. The other pros that lost last night aren't getting called-out by T2 for how they spend their time before scrims. Ninja shouldn't either, imo. You can criticize his game performance without blaming it on H1Z1.

And besides, isn't our lord and savior Lethul always preaching something about quality practice over quantity?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Are full green bars cool at all?  (Asking for a friend...)

lol yes, but they take longer to get than you think.  that last square takes like 500 rep (not sure of the actual number, but a lot more than the rest of the squares did)

https://www.twitch.tv/jimbo

EU no radar customs

i fucking LOVE how the EU is taking the bull by the horns over there.

EG has a ton of problems, but I stand behind this: Stellur causes teams to under perform.

please elaborate

How so? By being the best on pretty much every team he's been on?

I am in no way questioning his skill. My question is this: does Stellur play winning 4v4 halo? 

1. Optic Stellur - Stellur joins, puts up the best stats on the team but they're a top 12-16 team while underperforming expectations.

2. RNG Stellur - Stellur joins, puts up the best stats on the team, stats far better than Commonly - yet the team couldn't win the games they needed to.

3. Liquid Stellur - great team, couldn't win games.

4. E6 Stellur - great team, this is the outlier IF you ignore them underperforming at the LAN.

5. EG Stellur - jury is out, but this team will not be top 4 with Stellur. You can argue they'd be outside the top 4 with him as well.

Bottom line is teams with Stellur can't seem to win games and series needed. He's basically the anti Cratos.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm normally one of StelluR's biggest critics in terms of his 4v4 performance, but I think this post is over-simplifying...replying with bold in quotes.

I am in no way questioning his skill. My question is this: does Stellur play winning 4v4 halo? 

1. Optic Stellur - Stellur joins, puts up the best stats on the team but they're a top 12-16 team while underperforming expectations.

With Flamesword and Maniac, who've both since retired after substantial struggles in Halo 5.

2. RNG Stellur - Stellur joins, puts up the best stats on the team, stats far better than Commonly - yet the team couldn't win the games they needed to.

On a team with bad chemistry of Ninja+Spartan (two brute force players).

Until the end of the season, where it was arguable they were the second best team in the league, behind only CLG.  They were trading with nV, beating E6 and RNG/C9, and no one else was playing.

4. E6 Stellur - great team, this is the outlier

Great team...in 5th place.  The only pro league loss while they were actively working against each other was to OpTic, so hard to imagine they'd have won anyway.

5. EG Stellur - jury is out, but this team will not be top 4 with Stellur. You can argue they'd be outside the top 4 with him as well.

Similar team chemistry issue of Roy+Ninja (two brute force players).

Bottom line is teams with Stellur can't seem to win games and series needed. He's basically the anti Cratos.

StelluR is a very talented and skilled individual.  His shot is fantastic.  His playstyle is somewhat baity and reliant on preserving his own life over dealing damage or getting kills.  He's very flank-oriented and will usually win 1v1 battles by virtue of having the first shot, not by simply landing every shot.

I think Liquid at the end of last season showed StelluR and teams he's on are very much capable of winning games, so long as they are working together properly and have proper playstyle chemistry.

His playstyle isn't a universal plug and play kind of fit, and he does need specific styles around him to work well.  His teammates need to be able to stay alive longer than usual and buy time for him to get into the positions he wants to capitalize on what he brings to a team.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's pretty hard to argue with this. Streaming is this man's job. The other pros that lost last night aren't getting called-out by T2 for how they spend their time before scrims. Ninja shouldn't either, imo. You can criticize his game performance without blaming it on H1Z1.

And besides, isn't our lord and savior Lethul always preaching something about quality practice over quantity?

This is something i have been stressing for a while.  I see pro's scrim, and they play 13 games (not counting stasis here), talk to 2 minutes between games, then after the last game they really harp on that one game for a while.  It doesn't seem efficient.  I dont know how you could remember the specific points that you want to emphasize from gametype to gametype without drilling it repeatedly, multiple times in a row.

Take notes from scrims, contact an am team, play the same gametypes a few times in a row against them with smaller win parameters so they dont take 12 minutes each.

Right?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I actually really miss forge maps. Wish 343i would change their minds on forge maps in competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It is so amazing watching this. It is like taking a bath naked instead of having a wetsuit.

it's also like... another more inappropriate analogy that will remain implied...

303.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

1. Optic Stellur - Stellur joins, puts up the best stats on the team but they're a top 12-16 team while underperforming expectations.

4. E6 Stellur - great team, this is the outlier IF you ignore them underperforming at the LAN.

He also has subpar communication for a pro. Sometimes his communication is like me when I'm tired on matchmaking at 2 AM. Hes like Neighbor but not nearly as dirty.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

He also has subpar communication for a pro. Sometimes his communication is like me when I'm tired on matchmaking at 2 AM. Hes like Neighbor but not nearly as dirty.

It's probably hard for him to call out over the arguments betweens Ninja, Roy, and Lunchbox that are seemingly never-ending. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2