CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If no radar is implemented, I'd prefer HCS get a new playlist separate from Team Arena. It doesn't have to be "us or them." It could actually benefit both communities because competitively minded players could have more refined settings, while a wider variety of gamemodes and maps could be in Team Arena.

Heck, I don't want to be negged, but they could even make Team Arena unranked, which I'm sure casual players would appreciate. I wouldn't even mind avoiding the sweat fest of ranks, but still enjoy some regular 4v4 Halo.

Team Arena: Unranked(?) with a wide variety of modes and maps (including community)

Team Slayer: Ranked on a more curated list of maps

Team HCS: Ranked on only what the Pro's play

This. Unfortunately, 343 has had this long-held belief against what they would call "dividing the community". They think everyone should be able to "play what the pros play", which is fine. However, where this logic becomes flawed is that it assumes that casuals and more competitive players want to play the same thing. Can you imagine the uproar on places like Waypoint and /r/Halo if 343 just eliminated radar from Team Arena without creating a new playlist? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Radar is honestly such a bigger issue than anyone really understands. There are so many fucking factors at play that this whole thing is just a quadruple-edged sword.

(top 5 worst metaphors all time)

• Upvote (+1) 3

LOL is definitely going to come out with a strong performance after how poorly they did the first 2 weeks.

Didn't EG get stellur btw? They should do good.

yeah, they have been losing in scrims but they have also scrimmed nV and Optic recently and have been scrimming regularly.

He says the game can't play well without sprint. I'm not putting words in his mouth. His literal words. I strongly disagree. I have played settings with no sprint and know from experience, that the game can indeed play much better without sprint.  Tell me how I am the ignorant one. 

There is a difference between the following 2 defenses of sprint:

1.)  It is so unlikey to be removed by 343 that it is futile to push for its removal.

2.)  The game doesn't play well without it.

Cyren used defense 2. I know, from experience, that defense is a load of horse shit. 

Cyren was clearly implying with default base movement speed..... Given that he is 100% correct.  Playing without sprinting in MM right now is painful, which in and of itself is painful to say, but it's true.

Asking 343 for change the settings to No radar, no sprint (removing charge and sliding), with 130% base movement speed is a non-starter.  That's a weekend playlist at best, totally ignored at worst.  We are trying to expend our energy to put on showcases to influence change in the settings in a pointed, strategic way.  This isn't waypoint, all the mods here do their job properly and know their shit. you went straight to 11 with your call-out there.  Your base argument is fine, but relax your tone man.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If no radar is implemented, I'd prefer HCS get a new playlist separate from Team Arena. It doesn't have to be "us or them." It could actually benefit both communities because competitively minded players could have more refined settings, while a wider variety of gamemodes and maps could be in Team Arena.

Heck, I don't want to be negged, but they could even make Team Arena unranked, which I'm sure casual players would appreciate. I wouldn't even mind avoiding the sweat fest of ranks, but still enjoy some regular 4v4 Halo.

Team Arena: Unranked(?) with a wide variety of modes and maps (including community)

Team Slayer: Ranked on a more curated list of maps

Team HCS: Ranked on only what the Pro's play

This this this. While I do appreciate that Team Arena is pretty much the HCS playlist, it always bothered me a little bit that I couldn't play some game modes that I enjoy AT ALL in matchmaking. Now I don't enjoy all of these but some gametypes that I believe SHOULD be in matchmaking that currently are not playable apart from customs are:

Mercy SH

Tyrant CTF

Tyrant Assault

Overgrowth SH

Coliseum Assault

Truth Assault

Honestly even gametypes like Regret CTF, Regret SH, Riptide SH, Truth SH etc. could be in an unranked "Grab Bag" type playlist for all I care as long as its truly unranked with ZERO sbmm attached. Give me variety.

If HCS doesn't go no radar this was a waste of time but whatever lol

• Upvote (+1) 4

You know what would be cool? What if you only showed up on radar if you were sprinting / moving at speeds faster than base movement?

Just an idea.

just wait.

People will realize this soon enough.

I really do love that no radar gets finally a push, but with all those movement abilities plus the super speed of the sword I see some weird plays happening

• Upvote (+1) 1

Radar is honestly such a bigger issue than anyone really understands. There are so many fucking factors at play that this whole thing is just a quadruple-edged sword.

(top 5 worst metaphors all time)

Step 1. Testing

Step 2. Adjust accordingly (if the Pros/Community want it disabled 100%) 

Step 3.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah, they have been losing in scrims but they have also scrimmed nV and Optic recently and have been scrimming regularly.

Cyren was clearly implying with default base movement speed..... Given that he is 100% correct.  Playing without sprinting in MM right now is painful, which in and of itself is painful to say, but it's true.

Asking 343 for change the settings to No radar, no sprint (removing charge and sliding), with 130% base movement speed is a non-starter.  That's a weekend playlist at best, totally ignored at worst.  We are trying to expend our energy to put on showcases to influence change in the settings in a pointed, strategic way.  This isn't waypoint, all the mods here do their job properly and know their shit. you went straight to 11 with your call-out there.  Your base argument is fine, but relax your tone man.

Yeah people are currently bitching about the changes to Breakout, you know, that failure of a gametype? Many people like things to be consistent and to not change, even if said things are bad overall.

This this this. While I do appreciate that Team Arena is pretty much the HCS playlist, it always bothered me a little bit that I couldn't play some game modes that I enjoy AT ALL in matchmaking. Now I don't enjoy all of these but some gametypes that I believe SHOULD be in matchmaking that currently are not playable apart from customs are:

Mercy SH

Tyrant CTF

Tyrant Assault

Overgrowth SH

Coliseum Assault

Truth Assault

Honestly even gametypes like Regret CTF, Regret SH, Riptide SH, Truth SH etc. could be in an unranked "Grab Bag" type playlist for all I care as long as its truly unranked with ZERO sbmm attached. Give me variety.

If HCS doesn't go no radar this was a waste of time but whatever lol

Seconded. 

watching HCS is a snoresville because its literally the exact same maps with very little changes done whatsoever. Variety is the spice of life.

i hate how strong grenades are. also take hit makers off grenades please.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Step 1. Testing

Step 2. Adjust accordingly (if the Pros/Community want it disabled 100%) 

Step 3.  :simms:

Step 1 should always be  :simms: you fucking walnut.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Woah.

• Upvote (+1) 4

i hate how strong grenades are. also take hit makers off grenades please.

Hit marker and splinter fuse time are the only issues i have with grenades.

Hit markers for bullets dont bother me at all.  I like them actually, it helps to confirm that i hit someone with the shit servers.

For grenades they are dumb.  turns grenades from tactical damage dealers to sonar.

But 1 thing at a time....

Wouldn't it technically be "devolved" if you're reverting back to previous titles settings? :kappa:

No, no, no. You misunderstand. It's "Evolved" from actual Halo, not poor man's Black Ops 3. :holmes: 

At least they RT'ed a charity but damn they coulda gave us love too.

theyve invested nearly 3 million dollars in prize money alone you think they would at least tweet the damn stream

smh

Deflating footballs wins court dates

dammit, was thinking the same when I read but was not a fulltime TB'er.

+rep to you

Glad to see the community coming together and advocating for no radar (or at least for the testing of no radar). Also amazing job by the guys at beyond responsible for the pro player poll and no radar invitational (I will definitely be tuning in).

Hopefully, the community comes together in a similar way to pressure 343 into improving their servers. As I mentioned before, I believe that even if the settings are drastically improved, the game will not be very enjoyable if the servers stay this bad. I am not sure if my experience is worse than mosts, however, gauging from some tweets from pro players my experience and recent lack of desire to play the game seems relatively common.

Did you just identify the type of nut he is?....triggered.

I know im not a pro or anything, but 15 of my friends and I decided to play a no radar 4 team Round Robin tournament, it plays a lot better (at least with what I played so far).

From what I can see, comms have to be clear to understand where all the opponents are and because of all the options h5 offers movement wise, you have to make a lot of educated guesses where the opponent is after a disengagement. You really have to keep track of where opponents are now and you get rewarded more for good positioning when it comes to flanks and get punished for bad positioning a bit more. Also no more ringing around silos in fathom.

Hopefully fridays TB tournament is good too!

• Upvote (+1) 5